Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    If Totemic Projection actually worked like Trap Launcher, I wouldn't second guess you, but it doesn't so I wouldn't want a Glyph that turns it into that, otherwise it's just another shitty band-aid where we require both a talent and a glyph to make something useful i.e Capacitor Totem.
    As pointed out by others, there would be downsides to making Totemic Projection work like Trap Launcher, with niche situations that would prefer both versions. That is basically the perfect thing for a Glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Warlocks, especially Demonology, don't have "pet-related" attacks, at least not on the scale of Beast Mastery, and that's why it doesn't require that. Beast Mastery has too many, and the talent makes sense for the class so I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't add this. You don't get to fight with a pet, so you lose its utility and its buffs, but you have increased damage, albeit balanced around that fact.
    However, that is not the situation for Shaman. We do have a lot of totem related abilities, the totems themselves. This is going heavily off topic, the whole point was that Warlocks and Hunters are generally assosiated with being pet classes (as Shaman are with being a totem using class) and Blizzard has given some of them the ability to not use pets. That wouldn't really translate well to giving us the ability to not use totems, because you can't really just go 'No totems, have X% more damage' as - at least the Earth and Air Totems - aren't really throughput abilities, they are a massive part of our utility, much more so than pets for Marksmen/Survival (paraphrasing a quote from the Hunter thread, 'yey a talent to get rid of our DoT with an AI').

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Then enlighten me please how many totems seriously gain something from a trap launcher mechanic that makes it so mandatory.
    SLT.

And that's all the argumentation it needs.

Enhancement will always be unchanged.. and dull.. and a dumbed down version of elemental. The spec itself means melee but that's not where much of the damage comes from unfortunately (compared to other melee specs/hybrids).
    "Good ol Vanilla Enhancement Shamans. The walking slot machine."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    SLT.

**Disclaimer : This is coming from someone who until like an hour or so ago thought trap launcher was a good idea**

However, the downside of trap launcher would be 1 - It would only work for one totem, rather than all of them, 2 - At most all you lose is really the first tick of the totem you are moving

This is why I think it makes sense for it to be a Glyph, so you can min-max it if you absolutely need too, but remove if it you would benefit more from being able to move ALL your totems, not just the next one you place. However, it would only be a Glyph if it was made baseline, because - correct me if I'm wrong, I very well may be in this case - I don't think any talented abilities also have Glyphs (really not 100% sure on that)?

Quote Originally Posted by bluelegend View Post
    Enhancement will always be unchanged.. and dull.. and a dumbed down version of elemental. The spec itself means melee but that's not where much of the damage comes from unfortunately (compared to other melee specs/hybrids).
    That is intended though. Enhance are the only melee spec in the game apart from Druids who share a class with a ranged dps spec. They are intended to have a significant amount of damage that they can do from range. That isn't a flaw in the spec because it is a 'dumbed-down version of elemental' but rather an intentional design choice.
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2014-06-06 at 09:42 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I actually think the fact the talents work together is cool. As long as SET isn't useless without PE or visa-versa I think its cool. That could be easier said than done though, because for each talent to be balanced within their respective tiers they have to be balanced both with and without the other one. That definitely a wait and see for me. However, they have said before they don't mind if some totems make others less effective/even completely useless, so maybe they are okay with the opposite as well.

That is the issue with throughput talent tiers though I suppose, its very difficult to make them unique enough that they all are useful in their own niche situations. I can't wait to see how SET is, I really hope its actually a niche spell and not just something we always take, because I really enjoy the intention of the talent tiers, being able to change your talents and adapt to the situation.
    It's cool unless you have some duties in raid. Say, you have to stun distant mobs that spawn randomly. Or you have to use grounding, you get the picture. Would you talent SET in such case? I can't speak for every class, but I believe most class have throughput talents separated from utility. Except shaman.

Funny thing about SLT is that even with projection, it does not immediately activate at the new location until about 3-5 seconds after the projection is done. You will see the graphic there, but the actual totem does NOTHING (there is no 10% damage reduction and no re-distribution of health). Considering the totem lasts only 6 seconds, having nearly half (sometimes more) of its duration cut because it does not do anything for those couple of seconds after projection is done is so incredibly irritating.

Try it out in shrine in a party if you don't believe. Macro is:

#showtooltip Spirit Link Totem
    /cast Spirit Link Totem
    /cast Totemic Projection

I am sure the delay is a result of how spirit link redistributes health every second but even that does not take into consideration why it takes so incredibly long after projection. Like that might account for a second or two, but you really lose almost the entire duration if you are projecting onto people who didn't have the buff when you initially placed it.

That is my main complaint about projection anyhow. The projection delay doesn't really affect other totems, just SLT. Hoping somehow this gets fixed.

Oh and the problem is that the initial group that got hit by the SLT retain the slt "buff" (even with no graphic there) for almost the entire duration making projection almost useless for the totem. If I am trying to project an SLT onto the tank for paragons for korven, for instance, it will instead sit on me for ~5 seconds (even if I projected it onto them immediately), and will finally switch to them on the last second. Just a very bad bug that has been here for a while.
    Last edited by Gardiff; 2014-06-06 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    SLT.

I can only repeat myself when im saying that a Totem which is only accessible for a single spec, and then the "improvement" would only affect a niche of situation is not something i consider mandatory for the whole class.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-06-06 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardiff View Post
    Funny thing about SLT is that even with projection, it does not immediately activate at the new location until about 3-5 seconds after the projection is done. You will see the graphic there, but the actual totem does NOTHING (there is no 10% damage reduction and no re-distribution of health). Considering the totem lasts only 6 seconds, having nearly half (sometimes more) of its duration cut because it does not do anything for those couple of seconds after projection is done is so incredibly irritating.

Try it out in shrine in a party if you don't believe. Macro is:

#showtooltip Spirit Link Totem
    /cast Spirit Link Totem
    /cast Totemic Projection

I am sure the delay is a result of how spirit link redistributes health every second but even that does not take into consideration why it takes so incredibly long after projection. Like that might account for a second or two, but you really lose almost the entire duration if you are projecting onto people who didn't have the buff when you initially placed it.

That is my main complaint about projection anyhow. The projection delay doesn't really affect other totems, just SLT. Hoping somehow this gets fixed.

Oh and the problem is that the initial group that got hit by the SLT retain the slt "buff" (even with no graphic there) for almost the entire duration making projection almost useless for the totem. If I am trying to project an SLT onto the tank for paragons for korven, for instance, it will instead sit on me for ~5 seconds (even if I projected it onto them immediately), and will finally switch to them on the last second. Just a very bad bug that has been here for a while.
    Thats a bug then, thats not how it is meant to work.

It might be a bug but iirc it has been around the whole expansion. Just wasn't fixed. Thought I would bring it up since you guys are specifically talking about SLT with regards to projection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Somewhat off-topic but the whole ''iconic'' thing is starting to go through the window in WoW slowly. Pets are iconic for hunters/warlocks yet both (will) have talents to remove the pet.
    Yep. Change is good.

I'm really looking forward to trying out that new Warrior shield DPS talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelegend View Post
    Hmm...ironically, this "dumbed down version elemental" is easily surpass the original elemental spec when it come to single target fight. So who's the dumbed down now? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yep. Change is good.

I'm really looking forward to trying out that new Warrior shield DPS talent.
    Gladiator stance in 100 warrior talent is your cue i think

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Not going to quote the above post because posts are getting to a silly length now, so I'm just going to bullet point my points instead
    Likewise:
    1- Might as well say: If you dont mind having to bend over on every occassion and getting screwed over, play a shaman. It's neither intelligent nor interesting, only unfair. No one else has to make this kind of unreasonable decisions on such a big scale. Might as well have healing wave cancel Water Shield "It's an intelligent choice!" Yeah right.

2- You've made all of that up on the spot. Mages can summon elementals just because. Shamans are much more in tune with the elemental plains than a mage could ever hope to be. It's not making sense for a shaman to need a tool for what a mage does not. Totems are shaman fair, elements/elementals are. There is no requirement in linking them together. The restrictions have design and balance reasons and nothing to do with flavor. Blizz was/is unable allowing multiple pets, so they introduced the lockout rule for elementals. And their totem-rule is more of a tool of theirs to piss shamans off than a flavor thing. Hey, shaman's want a working stun => totem.
    3 - ....as long as they have strong portions too. Totems have got weaknesses and are likely weaker than they would be if they were flat ground placed abilities with no totem (well not likely, they would be a lot stronger, as their would have no downside at all). That does not mean however that they are therefor bad. Mechanic don't have to be as powerful as they could possibly be to make then well designed. In fact the opposite is often true.
    And yet not a single example was made of where a totem actually was superior than something else, in terms of effects. Your arguments are completely hollow. There are no strong portions. There is no definite advantage in being a totem.

Totem Mobility - Our Elementals are as mobile as they need to be...
    Not if they despawn once you outrange the totem, no. Having to replant the totem via Projection to not lose our 1m pets is beyond dumb, it's flat out ridiculous.

...I see no reason why they need to be mobile.
    An immobile freedom effect limited by range
    A pet limited by range
    ...self explanatory
    Capacitor totem is basically a bomb we place on the ground, and with Totemic Projection it would work fine imo.
    If TP were baseline, enemies would stomp CPT right after planting, and it'd never go off anyway. 5 second reaction time for a long duration stun that's flashing right before your face, yeah they're gonna wait till you throw it in their face.

but that is partially countered by both the sheer number of them that we have, the sheer variety of them that we have...
    No. Your enemy is just continueing stomping those totems. Numbers dont matter, if they are easily taken care of. If the majority of your toolkit consists of unreliability and liability, having bigger numbers is no comfort. They fight among themselves for dev's sake.
    and also the fact that we are one of the classes that can do the dispelling.
    Except many and more things are becoming undispellable nowadays. Enemies can "dispell" our pets by going for totems, but we not theirs. Others have to trinket stuns where others can be "dispelled" before going off even. Others can dispell our spell reflect, which doesn't even reflect...Berserker's Rage? Undispellable. Having Purge doesn't help in many of these situations.
    Of course, saying that, you can talk about the strength of a mechanic alone, especially when you believe so strongly that is has an issue, I'm just pointing out that other sections of a class can have some relevance as well.
    Yes, and shamans aren't doing very well there either. Shamans have among the worst CC and mobility too. There is no strenght to the shaman class. It consists of overall sub-par tools all around. You're saying totems are just one mechanic, but they present the majority of our utility, and are our most iconic thing. This "thing" that you mentioned as druid or rogue strenghts is shamans weakness instead.

Totems being silenced - Totems are physical objects that we imbue with power in order to bind/we request the help of the elements to bind elemental power to them.
    Wait a sec. Prior you said they enhanced our connection with the elements, taking power from them. Now it's us taking power from the elements, putting it on the totem. That doesn't fit together at all. Also, totems were immune to silence for the longest time. So you're saying blizz got it wrong all that time? You're just "writing canon" to defend blizzard's brain fart in changing what made perfect sense. They made the silence change because one or two totems allowed resto a unique niche in pvp and some players complained about it. And because blizz doesn't make halfsies in screwing shamans over, they applied this dumb change to the entire totem mechanic, because that's all they are capable of.

PvP choices effecting Talent choice - You say 'obviously everyone will go for SET'. That isn't obvious at all.
    We have a shock empowering talent that requires the uptime we dont have for LL to proc it (crap) and a random aoe damage cooldown tied to a totem (just as crap).
    Of course everyone will instead take a 1m duration pet that deals damage, heals you and your allies, and additional provides very useful abilities via PE. As enh with its lack of mobility, having that PE SET aura is a wet dream and brings us back to old Feral Spirit times.
    SET is built around lasting that 1minute, screwing the rest of your wind utility over. Your reasoning is just...arg. Like saying "If stance dancing as a warrior provides you with more of a disadvantage than advantage, dont do it, otherwise, everything is fine", totally ignoring a shitty mechanic when you see it. Meanwhile this most iconic warrior mechanic, their equivalent to our totems, was changed from the ground up and restrictions removed.
    Your basically resistant to reasonable positive development suggestion, sticking to "Unless it kills you directly, everything is fine".
    I disagree that taking 2 elements of the same type in your talents forces a Totem Tier choice. I think it is again still a choice.
    The choice of "Do I screw myself over purposely, or do I stick to the delusion totems are fine?". Losing SET to WWT or Grounding is no choice for someone intending to be competitive.
    If the weaknesses of CPT and Earthbind Totem are too much for...as no-one has even used them yet.
    Basically shaman talents are not about enhancing, but covering up dirt/weaknesses. If you dont like that weakness, or this other one, or that one, talent this... and this...and this...There is no evidence on SET being the go to aside from common sense right now. You can speculate all you like, unless we see changes on the lvl100 talents, SET is pretty much a no brainer, unless Spew Lava and Shocking Lava see such intense damage buffs that we can actually threaten people with it (very unlikely).
    Totems are unique - Firstly, I disagree that it is only the effects that matter. From a balance perspective in PvE it is, but in PvP we have at length discussed that it clearly isn't. From a 'feel' perspective they are clearly different. The way a class feels and the reason it plays that way are just as important to many people as how powerful an ability is.
    Effects are what make totems useful, not teir drawbacks. You could remove all totem traits and have an awesome utility kit. Remove the effects meanwhile, and you have useless other than decorative sticks. Effects are all that matter. Feel doesn't matter, balance does. And totems are not strong enough to justify those drawbacks, hence underbalanced.

...There is nothing wrong with 1 ability being weaker than another. ...However, just because 1 ability is weaker than another on a completely different class does not mean that this ability is now bad and should be removed/reworked, especially if the class that has said weaker ability has many other options that make up for it.
    Except that almost every totem is weaker than it's counter part. It's a totem problem. I'm not asking for totems to be better either. I'm just asking for them to be less horribly undertuned. Those other options you're talkjing about are for the most part...totems, totems with the exact same inferority. Hex is also inferior, as is our mobility kit. Even our rather good self heals are nerfed hard, so I'm not even sure how enh will hold up in terms of survivability come WoD.

Utility - So what do you define as Utility. Is CC not an portion of Utility.
    It is, but totems are not really CC tools. Hex is no totem (and cant even be considered a "real" cc, same as snares/roots. The only real cc would be CPT, and that is crap. Hence I excluded CC when talking about utility, as it doesn't really has to do with totems, which is what we talked about. You started going on about DRs, and they're only to a small degree linked to totems, hence it's another topic really.

Besides, my point was simply that many classes are losing a significant amount of utility in WoD, which is certainly true,
    If it's certainly true, make a detailed example and sum-up of lost non-shaman utility. Just going out and "everyone's getting significantly weaker, so everything is fine" doesn't hold up by itself.
    and that whilst some of that impacts us (DR), we are being left fairly untouched in comparison.
    Our Hex and snares/roots/stuns are just as affected as everyone elses. We're just so sub-par to begin with in regards to full CC in general, it doesn't appear as bad.

1 too 1 comparisons - Grounding Totem absorbs any spell aimed at anyone, whilst Spell Reflect is only at the one target.
    Its both a curse and a blessing and in itself balanced. Grounding every spell flying around in general, not just the ones at you makes it harder to ground the spell you want. Example: You're about to be CCed and want to ground that spell. Meanwhile your partner is hit by a spell of the enemie's partner. The spell hits grounding, grounding disappears, you get CCed, probably have no trinket avaiable and your partner is killed => loss. In the same scenario a warrior not only "gorunds" that cc, he reflects it even back to the enemy, and makes a kill instead.
    Warriors can Talent for an ability that essentially is Glyphed Grounding Totem, but it is a talent for them, and has a 1 minute cooldown, vs the 35 second cooldown Grounding has when Glyphed, and the 15 second cooldown is has when not.
    Mass Spelll Reflection is avaiable IN ADDTION though. It does not replace regular Spell Reflect. The Grounding Glyph adds a big disadvantage for it's bonus and due to mandatory glyphs, is never an option anyway. Not that people would take it if all three slots were open for actual pvp customisation.
    Beserker's Rage is again, only on the player that cast it, whilst Tremor affects everyone.
    And it pays for that advantage with double the cooldown, not making immune but removing on ticking and not enhancing damage/granting rage. The totem drawbacks are OTT.
    Earthbind Totem activates instantly, whilst Freezing Trap can end up in a situation where it doesn't get activated at all.
    EBT requires the target to be within range to snare, just like Frost/Ice Trap. A hunter is about kiting, and melees hardly have a choice, if they want to hit that hunter, they will have to go through that trap and deal with the snare. Throwing a trap in the enemie's face furthermore is basically a guaranteed activation. I cant see where hunter trap ranges are a problem, esp with the instant activation change come WoD. Also they are invisible, so you cant actively avoid them sometimes. Also IT snares continuously while in range, whereas EBT only snares once every 2 seconds, on tick. You cant remove a trap, it lasts 10 seconds longer, and it's not as restrictive in terms of locking out either. I am not how many traps you can place as a hunter, I think it was 1frost, one fire trap at a time? Is that still the case? WoWhead remains silent on that.

1 too 1 comparisons are in the end rather silly, because that is not how the game works. Some abilities are stronger than others, but its the class they belong too as a whole that truely matters.
    And that class as a whole has a its majority of that utility that loses out 1vs1, hex that loses out 1v1, mobility that loses out 1v1, a battle rez that loses out 1v1, is less mobile in casting as ele/resto than other casters and has annoying aoe drawbacks as enh. Frankly the only strenght of ele I can think of is LB on move (removed come WoD) and cleaving with CL spamming, globaling/burst with Asc (nerfed come WoD) as enh and smart healing (nerfed come WoD) as resto/ele-enh offhealing. Nowhere near enough justifying shamans being subpar in most aspects.

Totems being broken without elemental restrictions - I've said many times, I don't think they would be brokenly overpowered at all. I just don't think removing the restriction is entirely necessary, and I enjoy the choices it causes me to make. Would I like it if the change was made? Hell yes, its a flat buff, everyone likes getting buffs. That is not my point. My point is I disagree that is it necessary, and I believe it would honestly be a shame if they did it, because I like the choices it causes me to make.
    You would like the change, but would think it's a shame? :O Well, I think we argued enough about why we think it would/wouldn't be needed
    or if there are interesting choices assotiated with it or not, so not gonna continue about that.

Totems are the most counterable thing - I disagree. Hunter traps have a bigger flaw in that they actually require your enemy to activate them.
    Already refuted above. Traps are not the best mechanic, but: They activate immidiately come WoD and can be thrown baseline. Also they are basically limited to two relevant skills versus shamans huge pile of totems. Scatter trapping is gone come WoD, but there's still concussive, Hex is worse than freezing from a CC pov, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Mass Spelll Reflection is avaiable IN ADDTION though. It does not replace regular Spell Reflect. The Grounding Glyph adds a big disadvantage for it's bonus and due to mandatory glyphs, is never an option anyway. Not that people would take it if all three slots were open for actual pvp customisation.
    this is changed in wod where mass spell reflect replaces spell reflect when taken

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    this is changed in wod where mass spell reflect replaces spell reflect when taken
    Totally overlooked that, my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Because it allows Shaman to effectively carry the utility of just about every other class in a non-overpowered manner. The only raid cooldown we're missing really is a movement speed increase.

Shaman was the first class to have Lust, and the only class to have it until Cata. (Hell, it's STILL known just as Lust for everyone from back in BC when every Shaman knew Lust except Draenei, who had Heroism.) We bring the most buffs for a single class. (Three; Mastery, Spell Power, and Haste [Melee for Enh, Spell for Ele/Resto]) We bring a Tranquility knock off with Healing Tide (Resto only in WoD), a Shadowfury knock off with Capacitor, Piercing Howl knock off with Earthbind, we're the only class with a spell redirect with Grounding, we're the only class to have a small smart heal without interrupting our normal rotations through Healing Stream, we're the only class to have a raid health-redistribution effect through Spirit Link as Resto, we're the only class with a raid-wide fear break through Tremor, we're the only class with a short-cooldown ranged interrupt, AND we're one of the two classes that can be both ranged and melee DPS depending on what the fight asks for.

NO OTHER CLASS brings that much utility. It is restricted only by totems of the same element overwriting each other. The fact that they gave us a talent to allow the use of two of each type (save fire, which coincidentally contains most of our DPS enhancing totems) is nothing short of amazing.
    Do you even play shaman? Like at all? Those things which you pointed at for the totems might be ok or op in pvp (heck if i know since i dont play pvp) but in pve they are almost or absolutely useless.
    Lets start with the buffs: From my personal experience in 25 man hc raid my raid leader does not count any of the buffs as buffs because they are unusable in some situations example: When the raid splits up in different groups and there is a big distance between them my `buffs` do not reach them (or when i am out of phase) which means they are loosing them which means their performance drops. Instead u just ask some class who can actually give u a self buff to buff you. Gg with that point we are so useful!
    Bl is currently beeing casted by 3 classes as far as i know so its not like we have monopoly here or are unique anymore in any way
    I can agree on tranq and healing tide being more or less equal atm
    Shadowfury and capacitor.... if u don't know how many things are wrong with that statement than i can't really help u fellow log ingame and check the discription of both spells than learn how they work >.>
    We are the only class with spell redirect? u mean like warriors with spell reflection? And on how many boss spells is grounding working PROPERLY( i cant stress this enough ofc) again? How useful is this totem exactly? Its so useful i was forbidden to use it on lei shen hc because it kept causing more problems than it solved. It has less than 1% usage in pve most of the time its not worth its gcd.
    Healing stream in wod is not smart heal in wod (which is what the discussion is about) so gg here as well
    Spirit link totem is restricted to 1 spec is affected in small area only if there are more than 2 ppl in there and can be counter productive with some boss mechanics.
    We can be mele and range class at the same time? That's like saying that other classes can heal and tank at the same time its not like we don't need different gear for it. Its being a hybrid and the last time i checked its hardly something we should feel great about :|

U call this utility? I call this bs your statement has so many holes in it it makes Swiss cheese jealous. >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    Do you even play shaman? Like at all? Those things which you pointed at for the totems might be ok or op in pvp (heck if i know since i dont play pvp) but in pve they are almost or absolutely useless.
    Lets start with the buffs: From my personal experience in 25 man hc raid my raid leader does not count any of the buffs as buffs because they are unusable in some situations example: When the raid splits up in different groups and there is a big distance between them my `buffs` do not reach them (or when i am out of phase) which means they are loosing them which means their performance drops. Instead u just ask some class who can actually give u a self buff to buff you. Gg with that point we are so useful!
    Bl is currently beeing casted by 3 classes as far as i know so its not like we have monopoly here or are unique anymore in any way
    I can agree on tranq and healing tide being more or less equal atm
    Shadowfury and capacitor.... if u don't know how many things are wrong with that statement than i can't really help u fellow log ingame and check the discription of both spells than learn how they work >.>
    We are the only class with spell redirect? u mean like warriors with spell reflection? And on how many boss spells is grounding working PROPERLY( i cant stress this enough ofc) again? How useful is this totem exactly? Its so useful i was forbidden to use it on lei shen hc because it kept causing more problems than it solved. It has less than 1% usage in pve most of the time its not worth its gcd.
    Healing stream in wod is not smart heal in wod (which is what the discussion is about) so gg here as well
    Spirit link totem is restricted to 1 spec is affected in small area only if there are more than 2 ppl in there and can be counter productive with some boss mechanics.
    We can be mele and range class at the same time? That's like saying that other classes can heal and tank at the same time its not like we don't need different gear for it. Its being a hybrid and the last time i checked its hardly something we should feel great about :|

U call this utility? I call this bs your statement has so many holes in it it makes Swiss cheese jealous. >.>
    Just because you can't use it properly it doesn't mean it's not there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Earth: Movement. Windwalk, Earthbind, Earthgrab.
    Fire: Damage. Searing, Magma, Fire Ele.
    Water: Recovery. Healing Steam, Healing Tide, Mana Tide.
    Air: Defense. Tremor, Grounding, Capacitor.

It doesn't though. Totems like Windwalk being in the Air totem slot screws with that. Totems like Earth Ele screw up utility. I'd be happy to throw them off the totem rotation, but to say remove all totems because of one problem totem is even more ridiculous than pretending it's caused any issues at all.
    Have u even used magma lately? Even if the target is on one spot from start to end of the duration its hardly worth the gcd especially at high end gear. Most of the fights dont have adds which live long enough for them so the magma can do enough dmg to justify its cast -.- You sound more and more like a troll with each comment. A single cl on any add fight will do 10 times more dmg than magma totem in any situation. I just ... i just dont see how u can call magma + searing + fire elemental op. Or any of the other combos. Like healing tide + healing stream + mana tide? Can i cast healing tide all the time? No! Can i cast healing stream all the time no? What about mana tide? No! these spells are all on cd and even if u cast them at the same time u get little bit more of a burst healing + mana regain at the same time than u usually do. U call that op? lol ok mate sure it is and i caught a lepricon yesterday in my garden and it gave me a pot of gold!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    But just because those spells are weak or useless does not mean they are op which is his and apparently your point >.> You can't compeat against something like that then i really feel bad and sorry for u.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    A lot of his points are legitimate.

A lot of raid leaders ignore aura buffs that have manual buff versions because the auras have range disadvantages as well as the minor disadvantage of not being there when you die (vs having to be rebuffed after you die - I'd say on a progress kill where you may be out of CR's the former is a bigger hit)
    Shadowfury is infinitely better than capacitor in PvE, the only real instance of people using capacitor legitimately in PvE is garrosh adds - and once again people disagree on this due to the burst damage stuns can cause to the tank as a result of aoe stunning
    I'm not sure of anything in SoO you can use grounding on outside froststorm bolt, which is such a minor thing it really doesn't make a difference?
    Being both a melee and ranged class is not an argument, at all really.
    He concedes tranq and HTT are comparable.

I disagree with the other points or in the case of HST we will see since it's WoD.

Shamans do indeed have a lot of utility, but to pretend that it's all amazingly designed utility is just plain wrong. Some things work fantastic situationally like spirit link, some are a bad joke in pve like capacitor compared to other stuns (almost all of which are instant)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    i would like to challenge the ppl that keep on bringing capacitor totem up as being op useful or what have you to explain to me if a stun in area which is being applied to a target after delay in time and which u can move only if u choose a specific talent (and which can be applied earlier only if u use specific glyph) is so great mechanic wise than how come we are the only class in game which has it? How come we don't see other classes who have to wait 5 seconds in order for their stun to be applied after an area which u can't see clearly btw but can only imagine and u have to position your char in order to `place` the totem where u want since its not being casted on your char but on the side. Come on step forward and defend your statements of capacitor being op and what not.
    Looking forward to the endless waves of replies which are to follow .... pfff

Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    i would like to challenge the ppl that keep on bringing capacitor totem up as being op useful or what have you to explain to me if a stun in area which is being applied to a target after delay in time and which u can move only if u choose a specific talent (and which can be applied earlier only if u use specific glyph) is so great mechanic wise than how come we are the only class in game which has it? How come we don't see other classes who have to wait 5 seconds in order for their stun to be applied after an area which u can't see clearly btw but can only imagine and u have to position your char in order to `place` the totem where u want since its not being casted on your char but on the side. Come on step forward and defend your statements of capacitor being op and what not.
    Looking forward to the endless waves of replies which are to follow .... pfff
    The issue of Capacitator is that its great effect and rather low cd is offset by a very clunky mechanic.

A 5 Second AoE Stun on a 45Second Cooldown is really strong and this had to be compensated somehow.

Personally i wouldn't mind if they change to the Stasis totem mechanic which is seemingly the original idea of capacitator.

You drop it, after few seconds it goes invis, next enemy who walks close to the totem triggers an AoE stun.