Deleted

Controller compatibility?

This will sound VERY stupid but just to make sure, are windows Xbox controllers compatible with Xbox's themself?
    Also as a side question are Windows compatible xbox controllers worth buying to play games or not?
    Last edited by mmoc597552a6f5; 2014-06-08 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T4 Explosive Gaming View Post
    This will sound VERY stupid but just to make sure, are windows Xbox controllers compatible with Xbox's themself?
    Wireless ones, yes. The Windows wireless receiver uses a standard wireless Xbox 360 controller, and that can also be used on Xbox 360s, as a Xbox 360 controller can be used with the PC wireless receiver. No difference.

Wired controllers, yes. You can use the one packaged for PC or the one packaged for Xbox 360. They're all essentially the same.

You cannot, however, use a Plug and Charge kit on a wireless controller and plug that into your PC - unless you have a wireless receiver for it to connect to, it will only supply power to the controller - no data travels over the plug and charge kit.

(I am aware this answer is way more detailed than it need be. I'm tired.)

Edit; for your side note - I find they are. I love it. I still play traditionally with keyboard and mouse, but for some games (e.g. GTA), I insist on using a xbox controller. Wolfenstein: The New Order supports the Xbox controller, but I didn't bother with it at all - I always opt for mouse + keyboard for FPS games, unless I'm sitting back on a couch or otherwise cannot sit at my desk.
    Last edited by xeroer; 2014-06-08 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xeroer View Post
    Wireless ones, yes. The Windows wireless receiver uses a standard wireless Xbox 360 controller, and that can also be used on Xbox 360s, as a Xbox 360 controller can be used with the PC wireless receiver. No difference.

Wired controllers, yes. You can use the one packaged for PC or the one packaged for Xbox 360. They're all essentially the same.

You cannot, however, use a Plug and Charge kit on a wireless controller and plug that into your PC - unless you have a wireless receiver for it to connect to, it will only supply power to the controller - no data travels over the plug and charge kit.

(I am aware this answer is way more detailed than it need be. I'm tired.)

Edit; for your side note - I find they are. I love it. I still play traditionally with keyboard and mouse, but for some games (e.g. GTA), I insist on using a xbox controller. Wolfenstein: The New Order supports the Xbox controller, but I didn't bother with it at all - I always opt for mouse + keyboard for FPS games, unless I'm sitting back on a couch or otherwise cannot sit at my desk.
    the xbox ones plug and play wireless controllers work. While the 360 ones require the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    the xbox ones plug and play wireless controllers work. While the 360 ones require the receiver.
    That piece of information is even helpful to me. Thanks!