Deleted

shamys vs other healers

how are shamys compared to other healers? my first thought was that absorb healers is dominating and past experiance that resto was kinda bad due to only being good at stacked healing. but recently i've seen many shamy healers and some say they are the best atm. would be nice to know as the healing as shamy looks kinda fun=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard they weren't doing too well in a PvE environment, but don't take that as fact as I haven't raided since Siege came out. They're above average in PvP though, being viable in a lot of compositions and are almost on par with Druid's (the Kings).

Deleted
    They are second to discipline priests in terms of general average throughput inside siege of orgrimmar. We still suffer from the stacked niche which blizzard constantly tries to force on us. Other than that overall they are in a good spot right now with incredible cooldown capabilities.

Here are some "objective" hps statistics for different healer classes with current item levels:

25-man: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/statisti...&timespan=1000
    10-man: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/statisti...n=1000&size=10

However at the end of the day the thing which matters is the fun playing the spec -- except for disc priest on 25 man, the differences in the rest aren't that big and all healer classes are viable.

Deleted
    As others have said, they are doing pretty well in PvE, generally considered second for overall throughput, but have less mobility than other healers. They do pretty well in PvP too because of the amount of utility they have and how powerful Earth Shield is in such small groups.

Deleted
    thanks for the input guys

In my opinion resto shaman is incredibly good in 10man, and quite good at 25man as well.

In 25man setting resto shaman is comparable with a druid (throughput wise), but still most healing there is done by discs. So either throughput healer works (shamans do make Thok easier though).
    In 10man, resto shaman is right there with discs. Furthermore, discs and resto shamans complement each other in 10man and create a very powerful healing combo, making fights like IJ or Thok which are tuned to be three healed (in hc) not that hard to two heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    We still suffer from the stacked niche which blizzard constantly tries to force on us.
    I wouldn't call it "suffering" since there is still a lot of stacked time in most fights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    I wouldn't call it "suffering" since there is still a lot of stacked time in most fights
    Let's hope there's a lot in Warlords. The last thing I want to do is have to spread heal with a tool-kit that works against that.

Right now Resto Shaman are very good healers. But that's due to the usual last tier bandaid fix of buffing Healing Rain and Chain Heal to compensate for dragging behind in the previous two tiers.

But as of now, they're good. In WoD, we will see, but the info released thus far has been far from encouraging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

We are good 2º~3º ...

You cant really compare to Discs nowadays that class is just broken in any dificulty and any fight.

Yeah, just ignore Disc on the meters really!
    And I say this as a Disc Priest alt player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Let's hope there's a lot in Warlords. The last thing I want to do is have to spread heal with a tool-kit that works against that.
    I'd rather not be forced into a niche and perform sub-par there against other healers who are not in that niche, that still do stacked healing better, and do not get penalised for not healing stacked groups (ie Resto Druids).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Healing is a team sport (more so than dps is). A lot of healing is all about the ~10 seconds per minute that matter and having enough cooldowns across the raid. I main a priest (who is discipline for the obvious reasons). I two healed 10H with a resto shaman through Spoils. We then went 25 man to better make the transition to mythic (ie to not be screwed by being the last heroic raiding 10 man on the server). I am now the healing lead with a roster of 2 disc, 3 resto druid, 1 monk, 2 shaman, and a fraction of a pally (ie his main is a dk and he heals H Thok). Discipline is stupid broken right now (as I remind everyone, I'm cheating for our team). However, since it is burst healing and cooldowns that really count, resto shaman are my favorite other healers. When some healers have to sit, it starts with druids and monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    Healing is a team sport (more so than dps is). A lot of healing is all about the ~10 seconds per minute that matter and having enough cooldowns across the raid. I main a priest (who is discipline for the obvious reasons). I two healed 10H with a resto shaman through Spoils. We then went 25 man to better make the transition to mythic (ie to not be screwed by being the last heroic raiding 10 man on the server). I am now the healing lead with a roster of 2 disc, 3 resto druid, 1 monk, 2 shaman, and a fraction of a pally (ie his main is a dk and he heals H Thok). Discipline is stupid broken right now (as I remind everyone, I'm cheating for our team). However, since it is burst healing and cooldowns that really count, resto shaman are my favorite other healers. When some healers have to sit, it starts with druids and monk.
    a roster of 7 healers why so many at most you need 4 healers for hc thok and the rest can be done with 3 otherwise its a boring job for the healer and stuff dies so much slower with too many healers when you can get an extra 1mill dps plus. My healing team is me Disc, shammy and 2 x druid for 4 heal fights and drop 1 druid when not needed, by healing a fight with an appropriate amount of healers you can see how strong each class is, obviously disc will always be top but if there is lots of healing also the shammy wont be far behind.

Your team I would use 2 x disc, 1 x druid and 1 x shammy and that's more than enough to clear 14/14H, monk is severely weak compared to all other healers but may be ok if your only 4 healing at most, I would have the other healers have a suitable dps spec to play or another equally geared alt to switch to.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-06-10 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    a roster of 7 healers why so many at most you need 4 healers for hc thok and the rest can be done with 3 otherwise its a boring job for the healer and stuff dies so much slower with too many healers when you can get an extra 1mill dps plus. My healing team is me Disc, shammy and 2 x druid for 4 heal fights and drop 1 druid when not needed, by healing a fight with an appropriate amount of healers you can see how strong each class is, obviously disc will always be top but if there is lots of healing also the shammy wont be far behind.

Your team I would use 2 x disc, 1 x druid and 1 x shammy and that's more than enough to clear 14/14H, monk is severely weak compared to all other healers but may be ok if your only 4 healing at most, I would have the other healers have a suitable dps spec to play or another equally geared alt to switch to.
    This depends heavily on gear and progress. As it seems they just largely expanded their raid roster it might be assumed that a significant portion of their raid are undergeared.