Poll: What does your gut say?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Care to elaborate? Continue to challenge games like what?
    My money is on him saying morrowind.... While enjoyed morrowind , ive moved on. There have been plenty of games where i really enjoyed one part of the series but ive never understood this extreme nostalgia that Morrowind brings up in people. Move on FFS lol . Same with D2 and D3 .

OT : Didnt the Devs say that the main story wasnt what they focused on. Also there are not alot of game(including franchise) where you can mod it to your liking.

Never played Witcher series but W3 looks interesting enough for me to play

Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    Drop WHATEVER it is you're doing and do yourself a favor and go play those games.

Dethrone what? Two different story lines, different ways of playing them and both released at different times. Why would you compare them if they have so few things in common.

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on him saying morrowind.... While enjoyed morrowind , ive moved on. There have been plenty of games where i really enjoyed one part of the series but ive never understood this extreme nostalgia that Morrowind brings up in people. Move on FFS lol . Same with D2 and D3 .

OT : Didnt the Devs say that the main story wasnt what they focused on. Also there are not alot of game(including franchise) where you can mod it to your liking.

The Witcher 1 starts abit slow, if you do and find it boring id recommend you keep at it until Geralt at least entered Vizima, which is where the story takes a bit of a leap imo.

Deleted
    Drop WHATEVER it is you're doing and do yourself a favor and go play those games.
    Might do once i finnish my rerun of Dragon Age 1 and 2.

In fact shouldnt DA 3 be on this poll?

Care to elaborate? Continue to challenge games like what?
    Pick any well-loved "classic" game, and some member of it's fanbase will be able to give you a long list of it's virtues, and tell you at length how no modern games will ever come close to it in terms of quality. Arguing about which title deserves to sit on the throne is fruitless, as everybody has different metrics they value in a game.

Personally, I didn't find the bugs in Skyrim to be all that glaring. I never came across any showstoppers, and the few small glitches I did find didn't lessen my enjoyment any. For others, the bugs made it completely unplayable. Also personally, I could never get into The Witcher series. I bought and played some of both, but quickly tired of them. Some people here will tell me I'm missing out. All of those opinions are valid as personal viewpoints, but I don't accept anybody else's opinion as fact any more than I think they should accept mine.

I don't want to sound like the numbers can be skewed, but my wife and I have purchased somewhere between 3-5 copies of Skyrim. Depending on the sale, it would be easier to buy a new copy of Skyrim+DLC than to just buy the DLC. The Skyrim Legendary edition is an example of that. I think it can be found at around 15-20$ these days. And then there's the console versions. We started with a console copy, then upgraded to a PC copy just to get around some of the bugs. It earned them more sales, but I wasn't specifically happy about the reasoning.

After the disappointment of Elder Scrolls Online, I would be happy to see another game like Witcher take the throne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    Dethrone what? Two different story lines, different ways of playing them and both released at different times. Why would you compare them if they have so few things in common.
    Because that is what people do. It isn't about enjoying games, it is about enjoying one game, and that game has to be the best. Look at some other titles: BF vs CoD, LoL vs Dota, WoW vs all other MMOs etc. and it even goes into what you play on PS vs Xbox. People are obsessed with this, when we could just rejoice that we now get another big open world RPG, that so far looks solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    There is a thing, you know.. called story telling, and what story telling has in common with other story telling, is the story telling.

You can have two complete stories, still the way one of the story telling was, might suck. Skyrim story telling is, I don't even know... it's just bland and disconnected!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's certainly trying to dethrone Skyrim in sales with the absurdly early preorder on Steam.
    How do you pre-order it on steam? I wanted to pre-order it but didn't know how on steam....
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    There is a thing, you know.. called story telling, and what story telling has in common with other story telling, is the story telling.

You can have two complete stories, still the way one of the story telling was, might suck. Skyrim story telling is, I don't even know... it's just bland and disconnected!
    The story i,e the main story was never meant to be the main part of the game. it was just there for giving a reason. Exploration in an open world was its selling point.

I loved both Skyrim and W2, but they´re not even comparable. Skyrim´s best at what it does, period. W3 WILL be a great game, but it´s not really the same category.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    How do you pre-order it on steam? I wanted to pre-order it but didn't know how on steam....
    it should come up with your news feed when you launch steam. then follow links.

Note i havnt pre-ordered but it does come up on my news feed

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with skyrim's popularity isn't the base game really or any official content... it's the fact that it's easily moddable and has a very active modding community, like all hte other elder scrolls before it.... and that's also the reason why another series will never beat it... because while games like witcher are better than the base game itself they have a limited lifespan, whereas Skyrim will keep getting content added to it by modders for a long long time...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Skyrim was just a LFR version of Oblivion, honestly Morrowind and Oblivion were way better.

Depends on how much freedom we have in W3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might do once i finnish my rerun of Dragon Age 1 and 2.

In fact shouldnt DA 3 be on this poll?
    Probably, but with the move back to turn style combat I find it hard to believe it will be better than Witcher 3.

Which is also why I think Witcher 3 will prove to be a far better game than Skyrim, as the combat in Skyrim is really pathetic in comparison to Witcher 2, and by all appearances 3 will make good changes.

How much left click slash, hold left power slash, right block can you stomach.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Witcher is the king hands down

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we seriously comparing a game released on 2011 to one that is going to be released on 2015?

Besides, TES and The Witcher have each a really different approach to the RPG genre.

The Witcher is undoubtedly a higher quality series, but unlike the Elder Scrolls, it's not marketed towards casual bro gamers. It's targeted at people who have a lot of time on their hands to get involved in a very deep, rich story with actual challenging gameplay. As such, it will not sell nearly as many copies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    What? This is so wrong I don't even know where to begin. CD-Projekt is a company and a publisher just like EA or Ubisoft or whatever. Obviously, they respect their customers, unlike most other companies, so I guess this is where you're getting your impression from. Respecting customers is very much an "indie behavior" these days.
    CD Projekt is only really a distributor of Games via GOG and a localization studio.
    CD Projekt RED is essentially their only development studio under them, and since they self publish their own titles, they can be defined as an indie studio.
    They don't rely on a third party firm to publish their products.

Similarly how Blizzard was partially an indie studio before the Activision Blizzard merger.

It is you who seems to be confused.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2014-06-08 at 06:43 PM.