I claim the thousandth!

OT: Zeta, just because Star Citizen isn't a realistically accurate simulation doesn't mean it isn't apart of the genre, because it is still whether you like it or not a space simulator, just in the same way Elite, Wingcommander, the X-series, Freelancer, and EVE Online are space simulators.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    While you are on wikipedia, also visit this page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_f...simulator_game
    quote from it

Examples of true simulators which aim at piloting a space craft in a manner that conforms with the laws of nature include Orbiter and Microsoft Space Simulator. Other games that take place in space involving space flight in 3d space without restricting movement to a physics system that resembles how objects move in space in the real world are also commonly called space flight simulators, but aren't simulators in the strictest sense of the word.
    Its just a space ship game, not a space combat sim. But regardless of how this is i want to see how this combat module with stress under large combat, i have a feeling it will have a max of 15 or so people before it gets to much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I claim the thousandth!

OT: Zeta, just because Star Citizen isn't a realistically accurate simulation doesn't mean it isn't apart of the genre, because it is still whether you like it or not a space simulator, just in the same way Elite, Wingcommander, the X-series, Freelancer, and EVE Online are space simulators.
    eve online and x series are far more space sandbox than simulators.

From Wikipedia:
    Star Citizen is an upcoming space trading and combat simulator video game...
    ...Space simulator...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    From Wikipedia:

...Space simulator...
    combat simulator*
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    combat simulator*
    Key word: Simulator.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    first of all wether its pre alpha or not they arnt going to change the entire engine or suddenly add physics if they havnt allready so i dont know what that excuse has to do with anything.
    On the contrary, the whole point of a pre-alpha combat module was to test mechanics and ship design, if you think they are just going to slap in more ships and leave the combat alone as it is right now, you are sorely mistaken. There is no way in hell anyone would deem what we currently have as acceptable for space combat in terms of physics, but I doubt they can do a whole lot until they know what their server requirements are going to be. The overall grand scope of the game is just too much right now to be worrying about physics at this point anyway. Physics is probably low on the priority list right now anyway, since that is a polishing thing and should be looked at closer to finishing the product, not early in the design cycle. There is still so much for them to do that in my opinion, and many others would agree, takes precedence over physics at this frame in time.

And also on what grounds are we basing the quality of space combat physics anyway? Other games? That isn't a real measuring stick to be honest since every game is different based on the design team working on any given game. Real life? Well, we haven't got that far yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    combat simulator*
    Space combat simulator* :P

Sentence could read space trading and space combat simulator :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is a space flight sim then so was every game in the rogue squadron series.

- - - Updated - - -

its not just physics its a space sim that sims flying in space as if u were flying in atmosphere. the only thing about space is the backdrop, zero g, and lack of air resistance (aka space) nothing else here would gvie away that your in space.
    You really are an idiot, you haven't even played it and you are bashing the game like they raped and murdered your family. Either that or you just have no clue about the difference between space and an atmosphere.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-06-08 at 09:37 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    You really are an idiot, you haven't even played it and you are bashing the game like they raped and murdered your family. Either that or you just have no clue about the difference between space and an atmosphere.
    Don't worry about him. He's just a Eve Online fanboy who is feeling a little bit threatened.

This is getting pretty old. If you cannot let this "is/isn't simulator" argument go, create a new thread about what qualifies as a simulator. The discussion on that point in this thread has been pointless and non-constructive. This thread is about discussion of the game, not what the game is and isn't. If you're not here to discuss the game at hand, I'll respectfully ask you to cease posting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    This is getting pretty old. If you cannot let this "is/isn't simulator" argument go, create a new thread about what qualifies as a simulator. The discussion on that point in this thread has been pointless and non-constructive. This thread is about discussion of the game, not what the game is and isn't. If you're not here to discuss the game at hand, I'll respectfully ask you to cease posting in this thread.
    Yeh and then the new thread would be closed and pointed here. This is the place were one would go to discuss it as its a discussion about the game regardless of the fact that it may be an unpopular view, this is a forum no? Not a place for people to only post nice things about the topic. As far as i can tell discussing the games mechanics or lack of mechanics are still discussing the game and under forum rules a duplicate thread on the same game topic would be closed. So i see no better place to talk about this than here. But if you want me to stop talking about an unpopular view of this game then just say you only want nice things said about it here, And then we can establish that only fanboyisk posts are wanted and anything thats the unpopular opinion or negative opinion are to be banned and not allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Don't worry about him. He's just a Eve Online fanboy who is feeling a little bit threatened.
    I dare ask what eve is threatened by?

It's not that we are against anything unpopular or negative; it's that it seems you've been coming in here and making a lot of remarks about the game without knowing that much about it.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Horsemen-Wins

Ah, hmph. Looks like the deluxe hanger goes home back to the servers tomorrow.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh and then the new thread would be closed and pointed here. This is the place were one would go to discuss it as its a discussion about the game regardless of the fact that it may be an unpopular view, this is a forum no? Not a place for people to only post nice things about the topic. As far as i can tell discussing the games mechanics or lack of mechanics are still discussing the game and under forum rules a duplicate thread on the same game topic would be closed. So i see no better place to talk about this than here. But if you want me to stop talking about an unpopular view of this game then just say you only want nice things said about it here, And then we can establish that only fanboyisk posts are wanted and anything thats the unpopular opinion or negative opinion are to be banned and not allowed.
    No, you keep dragging this thread off topic with every post, so either get lost and let us talk about the game in peace and discuss what is relevant about the game, or start posting constructively. If you have nothing worthwhile to offer to the discussion of the ongoing development of Star Citizen, do us all a favor and leave, if not I will just continue to report your posts as trolling and derailing the thread which you have done numerous times. No one gives a flying fuck about minor technicalities about a games genre.

10+ Year Old Account

I dare ask what eve is threatened by?
    Any game that is interactive or intricate at all.... sure EvE has spreadsheets but point and click only goes so far.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Yeh and then the new thread would be closed and pointed here. This is the place were one would go to discuss it as its a discussion about the game regardless of the fact that it may be an unpopular view, this is a forum no? Not a place for people to only post nice things about the topic. As far as i can tell discussing the games mechanics or lack of mechanics are still discussing the game and under forum rules a duplicate thread on the same game topic would be closed. So i see no better place to talk about this than here.
    What constitutes a "simulator" can be (and at this point, needs to be) a discussion exclusive from Star Citizen, as in this thread it's become more of a hindrance to discussion than actually adding to it. I'm not going to advise users to create new threads then close them when they do as they're requested to.

Also, there comes a point where "expressing an unpopular opinion" toes the line with trolling, and it's gotten to that point in this thread. There is no rule that states that you can't have a non-positive opinion about a game in a Megathread, but there are rules against disrupting actual discussion; that's what's happening here: sparse discussion about the game between spurts of "no it's not" and "yes it is."

So again, make a new thread discussing what constitutes a simulator, or agree to disagree on whether or not Star Citizen falls under that label and move on.

But if you want me to stop talking about an unpopular view of this game then just say you only want nice things said about it here, And then we can establish that only fanboyisk posts are wanted and anything thats the unpopular opinion or negative opinion are to be banned and not allowed.
    If you think that's how this works, I don't know what to tell you; you can discuss your negative and unpopular opinions without derailing the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No, you keep dragging this thread off topic with every post, so either get lost and let us talk about the game in peace and discuss what is relevant about the game, or start posting constructively. If you have nothing worthwhile to offer to the discussion of the ongoing development of Star Citizen, do us all a favor and leave, if not I will just continue to report your posts as trolling and derailing the thread which you have done numerous times. No one gives a flying fuck about minor technicalities about a games genre.
    Explain how its going offtopic? We are still talking about the game, though it may be opinions or parts you dont like or want to talk about. i hardly see that as offtopic. Or are the only relavant posts those that just heaps praise and awsomeness upon the game?

No one gives a flying fuck about minor technicalities about a games genre.
    really i see it in countless other threads about countless other games, but because oh no you dont like the view iv taken no one apparently cares. this is a discussion forum last i check, a forum is a place to start a topic, and discuss the goods the bads, what you like what you dislike. Im sorry you dont like what i have to say, you can ignore it and stop throwing a fit, and keep on pouting that im saying shit you dont like.

Back on topic, please. I've clarified how this discussion needs to proceed; any questions can be directed at myself or another VG mod or global mod. Please refrain from the off-topic personal jabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hard not to get personal when the guy is talking about a game he knows nothing about.....

But fine....

They need this guy to do commercials for the other ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    The commercials make it seem like the game is real where you could just go down the local dealership and buy your self a spaceship, heh if only. If only I was born 200 years in the future :/
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    The commercials make it seem like the game is real where you could just go down the local dealership and buy your self a spaceship, heh if only. If only I was born 200 years in the future :/
    I'm pretty sure the narrator is the same guy who does Ford commercials.