Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The great thing about it is you can try games that are super cheap. They may "look" bad, but some of them are just downright awesome, but a lot of people overlook them because they're not big name, or use a not realistic graphic set or whatever prejudgements people make.

I tend to scroll down to the metacritic score (click it and read what peoples issues are, some people down rate for stupid reasons sometimes), scroll further down for peoples reviews. I probably have skipped some proper gems of games, but I have so many games to play through, I allow myself that few

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I tend to scroll down to the metacritic score (click it and read what peoples issues are, some people down rate for stupid reasons sometimes), scroll further down for peoples reviews. I probably have skipped some proper gems of games, but I have so many games to play through, I allow myself that few
    I only take a look at metacritic rating to cringe between the difference of so called critics and site users.
    Then I just go and watch some gameplay videos and steam recommendations of people who actually played the game.
    Not the ones that are "pixels are so last-gen" / downvoted / playtime: 0.1h

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, I don't read the "professional" reviews

Hell, half of my top 10 list of games consists of N64 games, and I love old 8/16 bit RPGs and puzzle games, definitely not a "gotta have awesome pixels" fan, so to speak.

Deleted
    Have to admit looks wise, I can be fussy. Took months of a cronie nagging me to get Terraria but when I did, ye gads, played the hell out of it.
    Even giving Hammerwatch a blast at the min`.
    I tend to rely on what someone I know says rather then reviews, but I often youtube things to help too.

Aren`t there some firms that have had some very suspicious meta-critic scores though?
    Vaguely recall TB going on about some of the dodgy reviews/scores in the past too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Have to admit looks wise, I can be fussy. Took months of a cronie nagging me to get Terraria but when I did, ye gads, played the hell out of it.
    Even giving Hammerwatch a blast at the min`.
    I tend to rely on what someone I know says rather then reviews, but I often youtube things to help too.
    Honestly, I remember last year during Steam Sale I steered away from the older games mainly because I was thinking I have a decent computer why play with bad graphics when I can buy the newer/cooler stuff. Then people suggested a couple games and I watched a video, read about it, debated and gave in. Now I could care less. As I was of the mind set of "it's got old graphics it can't be that great to play why waste time on it"

I'd love to snag Wolfenstein, but it's probably to new to be put on sale for more than maybe 10% off, so I'll wait for the winter sale. Also looking at some somewhat older titles like Wolf Among Us, Dishonored, and Walking Dead Season 2. If Far Cry 3 goes on sale for dirt cheap I'll probably pick up copies for a couple friends so we can play multiplayer. There are some other more indie games I'd score too if the price was right. Time to wait and see!

Well, I managed to get my "Have not played" list down to 20-30 games, so it is about time to fill up the surplus stores again with new games.

I mean... at some point, I have to run out of new and interesting games to buy, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I'd love to snag Wolfenstein, but it's probably to new to be put on sale for more than maybe 10% off, so I'll wait for the winter sale. Also looking at some somewhat older titles like Wolf Among Us, Dishonored, and Walking Dead Season 2. If Far Cry 3 goes on sale for dirt cheap I'll probably pick up copies for a couple friends so we can play multiplayer. There are some other more indie games I'd score too if the price was right. Time to wait and see!
    Walking Dead S2 and Wolf Among us probably gonna get down up to 50% off
    Pretty sure Dishonored and Far cry will go up 75% off if not 80%.
    Wolfenstein I would not expect going bellow 25% off, it's fairly new and it's AAA title.
    However, talking from experience, always be ready to check deals just when they update, if there is an error in price reduction you may grab some games dirt cheap, I felt dirty while doing that, but it's kinda thrilling whether you gonna snag it in those 2-3 minutes until they fix it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, not sure I got any of the broken priced games, but I did see one or two. I wouldn't mind walking Dead Season 2 maybe, enjoyed the first one. Or maybe the DLC if it drops, apparently it's really short, so rather not fork over full price. I've seen Far Cry drop to 75% (or maybe 50% off) recently, I dunno if there's any DLC but they might do 75% off a GOTY type edition?

I will both keep my eye on it at all times and try my best to avoid buying things. Do want lots of cards to sell to finish off my badges though. Selling holiday cards is a great way for me to finish my other badges

Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    Walking Dead S2 and Wolf Among us probably gonna get down up to 50% off
    Pretty sure Dishonored and Far cry will go up 75% off if not 80%.
    Wolfenstein I would not expect going bellow 25% off, it's fairly new and it's AAA title.
    However, talking from experience, always be ready to check deals just when they update, if there is an error in price reduction you may grab some games dirt cheap, I felt dirty while doing that, but it's kinda thrilling whether you gonna snag it in those 2-3 minutes until they fix it or not.
    Yeah, I got my copy of FC3 for $7 or so last year, was a good deal but it doesn't seem to go on sale much. I'd be all over any pricing errors in my favor, I've spent plenty at the steam store in the past so I wouldn't feel too bad. =) Fortunately I don't have much going on this summer, so I can keep an eye on the deals around the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Hah, not sure I got any of the broken priced games, but I did see one or two. I wouldn't mind walking Dead Season 2 maybe, enjoyed the first one. Or maybe the DLC if it drops, apparently it's really short, so rather not fork over full price.
    TBH I didn't like TWD S1's DLC. Comparing it to a TWD chapter, it's garbage. I honestly wouldn't bother unless it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    I managed to grab CS:GO for €0,13 that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    say what you like, on steam I have bought civ5 and football manager, nothing else because when I watch the videos, they don't draw me in, nothing seems interesting enough to buy. as I said I have money read ths time, but apart from final fantasy 8 (which I cleared 14 years ago, 14?13?) nothing seems decent

And I LOVE gaming, just decent gaming
    Well I don't want to tell you how you should enjoy your games, but you might want to consider doing something different. If I look to myself I sometimes have to force myself playing a game, and while an experience like that isn't ''the perfect game'' I might never forget some of those games and I really enjoyed myself in the end.

I think that's what the Steam sales are good for, buying some cheap games to try out which might not be your type of game in the end. Atleast you're sure those games are not for you. I heard everyone talking about Fallout 3 and New Vegas and how good it was and it was the game of the generation for a lot of people. Bought both for a few bucks, tried it out a few times, and HATED it. Since I spent so little on it instead of 120 euro's, I'm pretty okay with that and I'm on to the next game. Bioshock on the other hand, at moments I had a hard time enjoying it, but went on and in the end it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Sure this might not be your style of doing things, but in the end you'll probably experience a lot of great games. Why so scared of buying a wrong game? Just try it out and see if a game is for you or not. Because if you only like Civilization 5 and Football Manager, well sure I believe you LOVE gaming then...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I got Awesomenauts: Starstorm and three copies of Don't Starve, of which my friends didn't want two left over copies.
    So they just rust in my inventory :|

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    As someone who played CS:Go, you still overpaid. =)

Deleted
    I pretty much have everything I want. And Steam always has pretty bad Prices in the €U Store, so I rather buy on Nuuvem, GMG etc.

Deleted
    Might pick up a game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    If Far Cry 3 goes on sale for dirt cheap I'll probably pick up copies for a couple friends so we can play multiplayer.
    Well, during the Winter Sale Far Cry 3 hit 75% off bringing it to $7.49 so depends on if you think that is cheap enough. There's a possibility it could go lower, but we won't know until then.

Well according to the Fall/Winter 2013 thread I had up here with daily sales and stuff. Which you can view for the deals during the Autumn/Fall Sale to see what past deals where and if you are interested in them in case they come up again.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-06-09 at 02:06 AM.

Since steam allowed publisher do their own sales ( since february this year I believe), I don't see much meaning in the Summer/Winter Sales. On top of that, you can find almost any title with good offer on dlcompare already (and most come with steam activation).

Will see but I was already disappointed last time with most sales being on cheap indie titles.