Poll: Would you want a Gilnean/Worgen District in Stormwind in place of the park?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think we have to consider the geography - the area has been blown apart, you can't just build on rubble and mini islands.

Either make a Gilnean version of Laketown where all the buildings are on platforms above the water, or let the gnomes turn it into a Sky-Port where you can board the air ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A better idea would be to make SW and Org have a district for all the factions. Like a mini little home spot for everyone.

Allot of the older cities are really nice and no1 goes there because they aren't main cities.
    This would be fantastic!! I am all about Horde pride, but it feels more like Orc pride. The rest of us are totally left out in the cold Same for the Alliance, everything is Human themed.

More on topic I really like the Worgen race a lot, even though I just dabble with alliance alts occasionally I am all for them adding a district in SW for them.

Deleted
    well since a few druids and shaman's managed to teraform (heal) the back of a living turtle durring thereby changing the landcape in the pandaren starting zone. I would'nt find it hard for them to fill a hole in stormwind with some sand, dirt or gnome corpses

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll never guess how I voted

10+ Year Old Account
    A picture is worth a thousand words:

Do you see how ridiculous would be a Gilnean District? It's horrendous! for God's sake! The architectures and styles of Stormwind and Gilneas are INCOMPATIBLE.

Whatever it is what will be located in that area, one thing is certain: it must be built with the architecture and style of Stormwind.

And I repeat: if you like so much the Gilnean style, go and retrieve the Kingdom of Gilneas for the Alliance!!

So far, the best idea has been this:

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    A tower for the Alliance Assembly, with room for each of the Alliance races and nations, a meeting hall, space for those races/nations not seen in game (yet) and room to grow, alongside a harbor/dock and a tower where Alliance gunships and transports can dock.

That way you can get a mix of styles for each Alliance race...Jinyu, HElf, Gnome, Dwarf, Worgen, etc...as well as a RP area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't we have Gilneas? Don't goblins have their own little city in the middle of Azshara? It would be nice if worgen could have their own place, after all these years.

Deleted
    i also voted no for the worgen district it just doesnt fit in SW

Quote Originally Posted by garloshan View Post
    hi i did a quick photoshop for the new worgen district,

https://imageshack.com/i/musqbwj

(cant post links yet)
    added a gilneas style square with some trees and a docking station for one alliance gunship cause why not have both, ( a docking station + worgen district)
    Yeah, I don't think you're doing your idea any favours here :P

Of the two choices given, I vote yes for a Gilnean District in Stormwind. Real talk, let's do a scenario or something where we take back the real thing, or at least part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    I'm curious as to what they plan on doing with that gaping hole in the ground.
    Just gotta figure out what to do with that crater.
    Well considering that there exists this class called Shamans who can commune with the earth and heal it, fixing that hole really isn't an issue, so why are you even making it so?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words:

Do you see how ridiculous would be a Gilnean District? It's horrendous! for God's sake! The architectures and styles of Stormwind and Gilneas are INCOMPATIBLE.

Whatever it is what will be located in that area, one thing is certain: it must be built with the architecture and style of Stormwind.

And I repeat: if you like so much the Gilnean style, go and retrieve the Kingdom of Gilneas for the Alliance!!

So far, the best idea has been this:
    This is not a good representation of what the district could be. It could be built into the side of the broken cliff of the park, making it swampy. This is not what we want.

More like a nicer looking version of this:
    http://imgur.com/sUT5oda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    This is not a good representation of what the district could be. It could be built into the side of the broken cliff of the park, making it swampy. This is not what we want.

That is "nicer"?

For the love of God! It's horrible! Is out of place! Such mismatch of styles damages the human vision.

It's better that the smoking crater remains with us forever before having a Gilnean district in Stormwind... at least Stormwind architecture and style would not be infringed...

It is shame that this awesome gilnean architecture is barely used at all. I don't play as Alliance too much, but I agree that there should be proper worgen district utilizing this architecture or even Gilneas City should be made worgen capital (which is possible lorewise, considering how Siege of Orgimmar has ended).

Yeah I agree a Worgen district would need to fit in Stormwind's style... although Gilnean details would be cool, to make it feel more homely ^^

Doesn't really matter for me. I would also love to see a full night elf/draenei district, maybe they can somewhat merge the 3 in one huge district. Or maybe let Dalaran land there.

Since Genn Greymane stands mostly beside Varian, it would make sense that he will eventually want a worgen district for his people. Night elves and draenei already have their own capital, the worgen lost Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

That is "nicer"?

For the love of God! It's horrible! Is out of place! Such mismatch of styles damages the human vision.

It's better that the smoking crater remains with us forever before having a Gilnean district in Stormwind... at least Stormwind architecture and style would not be infringed...
    I've seen you lobbey for a high elf district, you think that wouldn't contrast with the stormwind style of building if you badly photoshopped them in? Besides the worgen have such little in game it'd be nice to give them an actual distict and not a freaking tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    The only issue with a Worgen district is that arguably it's already done in Darnassus. I'd like to see it done.
    It's in Darnassus because Blizzard fucked up the worgens royally in about all respects and moved in there as a shoddy tree placement instead of SW district that was intended originally.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Remade park IMO with moonwell and park stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post

Good god that is horrendous.

I lold. The park was a night elven hangout before it got torched by deathwing, and it'll be again if blizz decided to rebuild it before the century is over.

Fidos got an entire hollow treestump dedicated to them in Darnassus, enjoy.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's in Darnassus because Blizzard fucked up the worgens royally in about all respects and moved in there as a shoddy tree placement instead of SW district that was intended originally.
    Yeah, if the worgen got an actual DISTRICT, a full fledged DISTRICT in Darnassus I don't think anyone would complain. That's not what they got. They got a single tree with all the class trainers and an inn keeper stuffed into it, and that was that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    I lold. The park was a night elven hangout before it got torched by deathwing, and it'll be again if blizz decided to rebuild it before the century is over.

Fidos got an entire hollow treestump dedicated to them in Darnassus, enjoy.
    If they do fix it up honestly I'd rather see something new done with it like the proposed gilnean district rather than 'oh hey the park is back.'