Poll: Would you want a Gilnean/Worgen District in Stormwind in place of the park?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Yeah, if the worgen got an actual DISTRICT, a full fledged DISTRICT in Darnassus I don't think anyone would complain. That's not what they got. They got a single tree with all the class trainers and an inn keeper stuffed into it, and that was that.

- - - Updated - - -

If they do fix it up honestly I'd rather see something new done with it like the proposed gilnean district rather than 'oh hey the park is back.'
    The worgen are exactly as entitled to their own district in SW as are the gnomes, night elves, draenei, dwarves and humans.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

at least give the worgens a pub :P

i wan't a worgen place for my heartstone

I'm all for various districts but I firmly believe that with the technology and magic available there is no reason that each, and I mean each and every, capital city, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Silvermoon City, Darnasas, Exodar, Ironforge, Thunder Bluff, Undercity, etc. Maybe even Gilneas and we can throw in Shat and Dalaran. They really all should have portals like they have in the Pandaran city.

I mean, seriously? I'm all for various districts in Stormwind, but I don't understand why we can't just pop around any city.

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    The worgen are exactly as entitled to their own district in SW as are the gnomes, night elves, draenei, dwarves and humans.
    Gnomes *maybe* and even they have something since the recapture of Gnomeregan (which was quite a letdown by the way). The other races have their own capitals and on top of that there's already a Dwarven District :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shinaniganz View Post
    I'm all for various districts but I firmly believe that with the technology and magic available there is no reason that each, and I mean each and every, capital city, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Silvermoon City, Darnasas, Exodar, Ironforge, Thunder Bluff, Undercity, etc. Maybe even Gilneas and we can throw in Shat and Dalaran. They really all should have portals like they have in the Pandaran city.

I mean, seriously? I'm all for various districts in Stormwind, but I don't understand why we can't just pop around any city.
    IIRC, Blizzard got it in their heads that the portals "ruined muh immersion," or something, and they decided to remove portals. Then instead of sticking to their guns about it, they ended up half-assing it and leaving us with the current SW/Org/Shrine idle scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    IIRC, Blizzard got it in their heads that the portals "ruined muh immersion," or something, and they decided to remove portals. Then instead of sticking to their guns about it, they ended up half-assing it and leaving us with the current SW/Org/Shrine idle scene.
    Well, I don't believe you are wrong at all, but at the same time I was under the impression that the reason the portals to cities were removed was because players were using those cities as their "hub". So if I could get to everywhere from Dalaran (like we use to be able to do) then I would never leave Dalaran for the new world city. And for some reason they didn't like that.

The portal immersion thing I thought, and I could be wrong here easily, was related to the Cata concept of having zones reachable by portal. Mount Hyjal, Twilight Highlands, etc. And I agree with that point. We likely shouldn't have portals to zones directly, i.e. questing/fighting zones

But from city to city? Why shouldn't the inhabitants of the Alliance or Horde be able to pop from city to city. If you allow that, then you can actually make the cities have different things that are beneficial to players to visit. You could, in theory, have different Fishing dailies in each city that one could do if they so wanted, etc. I mean, that's a single example but just something that came to mind.

Horde obviously has it better with their Zepplins and the portal from Undercity to Silvermoon. I just don't get why all cities just let you pop around from them. Especially if they add in something like faction reputation hubs within each city that allow players alternatives to getting rep with the core reputations of their factions other than just wearing a tabard which they have said repeatedly they didn't like a whole lot.

Anyway, just rambling now!

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Nelves dwarves and draenei have their own city.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lold. The park was a night elven hangout before it got torched by deathwing, and it'll be again if blizz decided to rebuild it before the century is over.

Fidos got an entire hollow treestump dedicated to them in Darnassus, enjoy.
    Yeah, I rather wish to see it Gilnean.

You can't really compare a hollow tree the size of theirs with a hollow tree the size of Teldrassil.

Would be the most fair for them though. Of course, we don't know. The most fair would just be for the Kingdom of Stormwind but would cheer for Gilneas. They have a small fishing village, the hollow tree and ruins?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, I rather wish to see it Gilnean.

You can't really compare a hollow tree the size of theirs with a hollow tree the size of Teldrassil.

Would be the most fair for them though. Of course, we don't know. The most fair would just be for the Kingdom of Stormwind but would cheer for Gilneas. They have a small fishing village, the hollow tree and ruins?
    They don't have ruins. Those are Forsaken territory gameplay wise after the short "detour" worgen take there in the beginning of the game..

I don't often like to take part in all the "who got shafted" discussions in regards of lore but in sense of gameplay/content worgens were really, really shafted in about every way possible compared to goblins..
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    They don't have ruins. Those are Forsaken territory gameplay wise after the short "detour" worgen take there in the beginning of the game..

I don't often like to take part in all the "who got shafted" discussions in regards of lore but in sense of gameplay/content worgens were really, really shafted in about every way possible compared to goblins..
    I know they are Forsaken lands currently but technically still their ruins, they just don't have control of them at the moment.

And well, I think for being shafted, worgen is a little higher than Goblins. Goblins still have a city/town, while worgens has a village and a tree they can use.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I know they are Forsaken lands currently but technically still their ruins, they just don't have control of them at the moment.

And well, I think for being shafted, worgen is a little higher than Goblins. Goblins still have a city/town, while worgens has a village and a tree they can use.
    I'm not talking lore-wise. I'm talking of the effort that Blizzard put into goblins vs. worgens content overall. Goblins not only got their own district in Orgrimmar, but also their "dedicated zone", their own new capitol (even if it's not official capitol) and presence in almoust every revamped zone, including small towns and what not. Not to mention it was the Horde side that got to see the conclusion of the worgen storyline rather than you know, worgens themselves

Worgens got tree stump, village with 1 short questline and couple stray worgen here and there (and even those were typically old questlines just refitted for worgen characters)
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'm not talking lore-wise. I'm talking of the effort that Blizzard put into goblins vs. worgens content overall. Goblins not only got their own district in Orgrimmar, but also their "dedicated zone", their own new capitol (even if it's not official capitol) and presence in almoust every revamped zone, including small towns and what not. Not to mention it was the Horde side that got to see the conclusion of the worgen storyline rather than you know, worgens themselves

Worgens got tree stump, village with 1 short questline and couple stray worgen here and there (and even those were typically old questlines just refitted for worgen characters)
    That is sadly true, would have loved if you saw more crossed stories for the worgen. Another reason I would rather see more Gilnean stand than other races in Stormwind. Specially don't wish to see Night Elves in there. Not racism but I know what you mean, and for 'shafted' feeling.. The night Elves are hardly on the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least let I, the Great Genn Greymane! (GGG) open a pub

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, and forgive me if this has already been stated here, I think that both Gilneas and the Goblin community of Kezan should return as the primary Alliance and Horde cities for an expansion. Or at the very least they should make for decent scenarios, dungeons or raids. Exodar and Silvermoon City were lessons for Blizzard, I think. They made these cities and hardly anyone goes to them. If they are going to make Gilneas and Kezan into cities like Ironforge and Thunder Bluff, then there has to be a good reason to go there and an easier way of getting there.

A Gilnean area in Stormwind would really add more flavor to Stormwind itself, but I don't see Blizz doing that since the Worgen have their tree in Darnassus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Personally, and forgive me if this has already been stated here, I think that both Gilneas and the Goblin community of Kezan should return as the primary Alliance and Horde cities for an expansion. Or at the very least they should make for decent scenarios, dungeons or raids. Exodar and Silvermoon City were lessons for Blizzard, I think. They made these cities and hardly anyone goes to them. If they are going to make Gilneas and Kezan into cities like Ironforge and Thunder Bluff, then there has to be a good reason to go there and an easier way of getting there.

A Gilnean area in Stormwind would really add more flavor to Stormwind itself, but I don't see Blizz doing that since the Worgen have their tree in Darnassus.
    Well, the way I look at it, Silvermoon and Exodar aren't appealing to players because thus far Blizzard has done a horrendous job of making them appealing to players. Simply adding portals to Org/SW respectively would do wonders in making players go back to their favored cities IMO.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

That is "nicer"?

For the love of God! It's horrible! Is out of place! Such mismatch of styles damages the human vision.

It's better that the smoking crater remains with us forever before having a Gilnean district in Stormwind... at least Stormwind architecture and style would not be infringed...
    A nicer version of what I posted...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    At least let I, the Great Genn Greymane! (GGG) open a pub
    *scuffs* Get off my plot of land! *rolls a barrel over* My pub's gonna be shining bright here!

^^

I would really love it for the Gilneas to find a good seat finally, even if they have to recieve the land from another kingdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the King of Gilneas, Pub master and Chief

I dont always drink beer, but when I do... its in my new pub in the new Gilnean district in SW

10+ Year Old Account
    We need the old park back to be completely honest.

I loved wandering through Stormwind as a noob player and finding the Park, Night elves and druid trainers and it just looked nice, I was blown back by the beauty of it the first time I saw it.

Deleted
    I'm thinking an airship docking platform would make most sense on that spot,seeing as there is no ground to rebuild on. According to the story (novels, quest text, etc.), airships arrive and leave regularly at Stormwind.

edit:
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2014-06-09 at 10:54 PM.