If it stays like it is now, you're going to spam it till kingdom comes during CA. Which probably means it wont stay as it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, new build. Nothing terribly surprising there, other than that 5% mastery bonus we're getting for some arcane reason(i'd have preferred Multistrike, but that's just me). Also, perks now more useful.

As long as it does damage first and then applies the root. Otherwise, might as well not bother.

Don't hesitate to MF/SuF during movement. With low gear levels, and current coefficients, it will almost never be a net loss.

Suppose total mastery is 60%, and haste is 20%. MF/SuF have a DoT coefficient of 33.75%. At the eclipse peak that is
    33.75% (coef) * 1.6 (mastery) * 1.2 Haste / 2(s tick rate) = 22.5% of SP/second.
    Clip it at the worst possible moment (only half of your mastery) and the DD is
    94.5% (coef) * 1.3(mastery) = 122.85% of SP.
    Your new DoT ticks at 1.3/1.6 * previous value or 18.3% SP/second. Your DoTs lost 4.2% SP/s. Divide that into 122.85, and it takes 29.1s before you have a net-loss in total MF damage. You probably planned to cast MF again in 30s anyway (even with no more movement), so you don't quite break even. Cast the weak MF even one second earlier and it (and its DoT) is 6% stronger, and you come out easily ahead.

For Sunfire, the direct-damage is only half as much, but so is the DoT duration. Again, in the very-worst case DoTing during movement is almost break-even. Realistically, you almost always come out ahead in practice.

This analysis starts to break down as your gear gets better (more than 60% mastery and more than 20% haste), but even then if you need to move for two or more GCD's, (and you don't have Starsurge charges to burn) MF-spam will be a clear winner.

The 2-piece set bonus gives you another 10% mastery, and the 4P lets Rejuv ticks proc shooting stars. With that combo, your may prefer Rejuv (once) over MF during movement, but first you'll need to get that gear.

PvP 2/4 piece, that is.

Though were are you getting the idea that Sunfire has less direct damage? They're identical in that regard. Only the DoT-portion differs.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    PvP 2/4 piece, that is.

Though were are you getting the idea that Sunfire has less direct damage? They're identical in that regard. Only the DoT-portion differs.
    My bad on lower SuF direct damage. I was remembering that from early alpha notes.

Starsurge You fuse the power of the moon and sun, launching a devastating blast of energy at the target that benefits from your strongest current Eclipse bonus. Instantly causes [ 280% of Spell Power ] Spellstorm damage to the target
    Does this mean that SS damage is aplied the instant u cast it?, will they remove the projectile? like Starfire? or just tooltip change

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminalle View Post
    Does this mean that SS damage is aplied the instant u cast it?, will they remove the projectile? like Starfire? or just tooltip change
    I suppose it just means that SS is an instant cast.

No, just instant cast. It's also not that way from the start, we get instant SS as a perk.

No, just instant cast. It's also not that way from the start, we get instant SS as a perk.
    I know we get instant SS as a perk, But why is that stated in the actual SS tool tip thats listed as 2 sec cast. It wouldnt make sense to put that in the actual SS tooltip cause it wouldnt be the case until u got the perk(assuming it is meant the way you stated it)
    Meh maybe the tool tip's are just for maxlevel
    Last edited by Criminalle; 2014-06-11 at 09:59 AM.

I know we get instant SS as a perk, But why is that stated in the actual SS tool tip thats listed as 2 sec cast. It wouldnt make sense to put that in the actual SS tooltip cause it wouldnt be the case until u got the perk(assuming it is meant the way you stated it)
    Meh maybe the tool tip's are just for maxlevel
    Dynamic tooltips don't play nice with datamining.

Does the way SS is going to function in WoD mean that we no longer spam the crap out of it but use it as a nuke when trinkets are proccd?

I guess I'm asking how we'd use it. I'm slightly confused.

We've used it as a nuke before. Now, we use it as a buff as well. Though we're probably going to use at least one charge rotationally.

Gamebreaking Bug Report Thread

Balance Druids are missing Wrath.
    Casting this spell crashes the server.

Link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...report-thread/

My guildmate said its OP and blizzard will nerf it ;(

- - - Updated - - -

We've used it as a nuke before. Now, we use it as a buff as well. Though we're probably going to use at least one charge rotationally.
    If boss don't require burst phase you must use charges in every optimal time you can. You must all charges till CA time at beginning and then use all other in lunar, extra charges in solor(for single target) and watch CA timer, because you must have full charges for next CA.

If you don't you risk use charges suboptimal or waste them completely. Random is random.

I keep re reading the new tooltip for it. I just still don't get it. Call me an idiot perhaps, but could someone break it down for me?

Starsurge will pretty much be Chaos Bolt. You hold them until you get procs (or the peak of an Eclipse, not sure at this point) and don't let them cap out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Starsurge will pretty much be Chaos Bolt. You hold them until you get procs (or the peak of an Eclipse, not sure at this point) and don't let them cap out.
    Thank you. So basically I have to train myself to not ram my button when my SS procs?

Also what is considered the "peak" of an Eclipse?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

if starsurge is like chaos bolt, and we have 3 of them that are all instant cast, I would assume they're going to add a cooldown to starsurge? which could be lame and cause us to have wasted shooting stars procs unless we randomly use starfall?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ntrovert View Post
    if starsurge is like chaos bolt, and we have 3 of them that are all instant cast, I would assume they're going to add a cooldown to starsurge? which could be lame and cause us to have wasted shooting stars procs unless we randomly use starfall?
    Hopefully he meant that the starsurge charge system would be similar to banking burning embers, but never capping, for destro warlocks, then dumping your embers/A charge with trinket procs or important burst.

It's not going to hit as hard as chaos bolt, and chain casting would waste empowerment buffs, as they do not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ntrovert View Post
    Like Chaos bolt in that you save them to use at the right moment, not in that it does lots of upfront damage. Starsurge increases the damage of 3 Wraths/2 Starfires by 30% so you just leave them recharging until the right moment to use them like Treants.