Poll: What do you think about it ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gold spam in Wildstar is awful. Credd doesn't seem to be doing much to slow them down. Not that anyone has actually needed to buy any game time yet...

Deleted
    As much as it's against the ToS, people have been doing this in WoW for years. Since you can "gift" a code to someone, what is stopping you "gift" gold to someone? I know several people who do it simply because it's so damn easy to make the required gold to buy a months sub fee, and I don't really see Blizzard caring to much, they are still selling a months sub, they aren't really loosing out on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Gold spam in Wildstar is awful. Credd doesn't seem to be doing much to slow them down. Not that anyone has actually needed to buy any game time yet...
    Spammers in any game with an economy are always awful, especially early on in the games life. They will slowly die down (but never completely vanish) over time.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Yeah, Credd's only been up for one/two days >.< Give it time to actually have an effect on gold spammers. For example: On the one gold site they sell 200 gold for 20$......you can buy Credd for $20 and the buy out price on the AH this morning was 500 gold. So even if you're contemplating to buy gold from these gold sellers then it's a pretty dumb move to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    The game has been released one week ago and the CREED have been active only since yesterday, give it few months and you will see.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2014-06-11 at 03:22 PM.

Meh I already use the wildstar system in WOW. 100k gold to my poor (in WOW terms) brother and he buys me a 6 month game time card.

People already sell game time for gold in game.

The only thing this does would be to make it official. it's a better system than the guardian cub if you ask me.

But I know tons of people who never paid for game time.

Deleted
    Just keep rl money away from me as far as possible when I play. I really hate all those sell run services and what so ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Just keep rl money away from me as far as possible when I play. I really hate all those sell run services and what so ever...
    Real money ingame ? seriously guys, read the full post before commenting...

Deleted
    To be honest.. i would rather have Gold sellers than blizzard starting to offer gold purchase for real life money, because if blizzard started to sell packs of 10.000/20.000/50.000/100.000 gold, it would totally destroy the servers economy.. The gold that the gold sellers sell is usually gold that is already on the server..

That kind of Inflation would totally destroy people without alot of gold/alot of RL money..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    To be honest.. i would rather have Gold sellers than blizzard starting to offer gold purchase for real life money, because if blizzard started to sell packs of 10.000/20.000/50.000/100.000 gold, it would totally destroy the servers economy.. The gold that the gold sellers sell is usually gold that is already on the server..

That kind of Inflation would totally destroy people without alot of gold/alot of RL money..
    It's not like that, somebody buys the tradeable gametime through the store, then sells it, the price of gold would be decided by the playerbase, not Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Why would it stop gold sellers? Because there's a picture of a rabbit and it says they don't get anything?

Can you trade virtual currency in Wildstar? Because if so, it'll go like this: Stolen Credit Card(or account)>Buy CREDD>Sell in-game for gold>sell gold on website>profit.

While it's certainly another method for people who play and don't have a job or money to pay for it, it's not really an option I can see them using for WoW.
    I thought that too. Not only is your method above valid, but who is to say that gold sellers aren't going to just make their price lower than that of the CREDD? Why pay $15 for CREDD which is worth lets say 10,000 gold, when you can buy 10,000 gold from a gold sellers website for $10 instead?

I think their heart is in the right place, but it's going to do very little in the end.

Were did you see me mentioning Blizzard selling Gold ? you just didn't read the OP at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Uhm, mate. You might wish to re-read the original post? Just saying, it is a good idea, you would find out that is wasn't gold selling we were about.

On-topic: Wouldn't mind some earning feature for WoW but shouldn't be easy or dedicated to a special group (I.e. from raids/pvp). Maybe a new currency, earned from activity/what you do, then use it for purchase of gametime?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    You can buy gold for money anyways. Just with more risk.
    Unless Blizzard starts with gold spam in the channels all over Org I don't see how this could be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You can buy gold for money anyways. Just with more risk.
    Unless Blizzard starts with gold spam in the channels all over Org I don't see how this could be a bad thing.
    Read the OP please.

Deleted
    Typical mmo-c thread, people using dumb logic to accomodate for their ignorant opinions. Formalizing and encouraging buying gold - a pay-to-win service, by the way - does not make it a good thing. Yes, it is possible to do it in wow nowadays, but it is actively pursued and bannings happen all the time because of it.

But hey, if people continue to follow the trend of not caring that the blizz store is becoming more and more prominent as well as the appearance of an instant level 90 service, we might very well be on the verge of such game-breaking system. I bet people will still claim it's fair because some people don't have the time to farm gold...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Typical mmo-c thread, people using dumb logic to accomodate for their ignorant opinions. Formalizing and encouraging buying gold - a pay-to-win service, by the way - does not make it a good thing. Yes, it is possible to do it in wow nowadays, but it is actively pursued and bannings happen all the time because of it.

But hey, if people continue to follow the trend of not caring that the blizz store is becoming more and more prominent as well as the appearance of an instant level 90 service, we might very well be on the verge of such game-breaking system. I bet people will still claim it's fair because some people don't have the time to farm gold...
    Have fun living in 2004. Maybe if you ever get with the times you can make some good money on sports betting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post

Yes, you are the typical dumbshit who can't read a simple post.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-06-11 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Have fun living in 2004. Maybe if you ever get with the times you can make some good money on sports betting.
    Sure, it's where the video-game industry is heading. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I'll be playing the original warcraft games and good classics while everyone loves the crap out of an ocean of micro-transactions.

Also, you can't get any more old-fashioned than having a subscription model. If blizzard really is trying to get with the times, why don't they drop it? Hearthstone has been doing pretty well - Yet we see no evidence that this is what they're going to do, and we have the double and tripple dipping on people's wallets