Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Getting tired of this "Farm dungeons, rares, dailies" before doing BG's mentality.

I am absolutely getting sick of this. And yes before I continue, I will admit that I am mad. There are so many people here or on the official forums that believe that a fresh 90 should not be allowed to join random battlegrounds until you reach a certain item level. Yes, random battlegrounds. People are actually mad that a bunch of fresh 90's are ruining their random battleground experience. And now someone like me is mad that I have to deal with their constant belittlement of players that just want to pvp to y'know earn pvp gear.

Seriously, since when did it become almost mandatory to have full honor gear before doing random battlegrounds? And every time I say this these people are always like "oh man it's so easy to get honor now I can farm a full set in a week. Just do dailies, farm Rares, do tol barad/wintergrasp, do Grizzly Hills, do timeless isle man its so easy you're just being selfish for not forcing yourself to do these."

No fuck it. I AM SO SICK OF THIS SHIT. It's like all of these honor incentives outside of doing actual pvp has created a standard that you MUST DO THEM BEFORE YOU PVP. This shit never existed when I seriously played this game during wotlk. You had to run into the game as a fresh 90 and farm random battlegrounds while getting treated like a dirty harlot by every single geared player on the other team.

This hasn't changed and I don't want to hear how its somehow worse in MoP because of the item level scaling. No, back then there wasn't even baseline resilience, no catch up system that indirectly enabled this "Carry me for gold" bullshit. And yes the queue times did suck back then.

And you know what, I have to ask you people that honor gear outside of random battlegrounds, how is any of what you do fun?

*How is doing shitty trivial pve content that is dungeons over and over again fun?

*How is sitting around with a thumb up your ass waiting for rares to spawn fun?

*How is doing old ass open world events that nobody plays anymore (Tol Barad, Wintergrasp) fun?

*How is doing thunder isle dailies (oh and doing that wonderful solo quest chain before you can actually get the dailies) fun?

*How is doing old ass Grizzly Hills dailies fun and engaging?

*How is doing fucking Timeless Isle for useless ass 496 gear fun?

THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO AFTER REACHING LEVEL 90 AFTER DOING 100000 QUESTS AND DEALING WITH SLOW ASS FAT ASS TAUREN BEAR TANKS DURING DUNGEONS IS MORE AND MORE PVE CONTENT.

But no this is considered "the norm" now before you pvp. You have to do dungeons and sell your soul to other shitty pve content before you pvp or else you're a "selfish scrub" for not spending hours doing trivial ass pve content. That or you're expected to pay someone or have friends to carry you. And for new players? For these people it's "Fuck new players, they should just somehow learn to come to forums and do what we say before they pvp."

Has all of these pve incentives made you people lose sight that pvp gear can be earned through random battlegrounds? I seriously wish Blizzard would just remove these stupid pve incentives to grab honor gear. That way, there is no hostility towards players that want to do random battlegrounds in crafted or quest gear. It won't happen because for some reason people feel the need to gear a million alts as painless as possible and that is why these stupid fucking mechanics exist in the first place. This is my theory anyway.

Back in Lich King I literally had one main character, a Warrior. Most people didn't have many alts because the leveling grind was heinous back then unless you had hierloom gear from the argent tourny dailies. But in today's game everybody seems to have a million alts and have this entitlement that they should be able to gear every single one of their alts as painlessly as possible. And this is my theory on why these shitty pve incentives spawned in Cataclysm and grew in power with MoP to the extent that doing random battlegrounds to gear a fresh 90 is seen as a bad thing!

So you know what I'm going to do, I'm going to gear this DK (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imias/advanced) that I've had sitting around for 3 months doing nothing after reaching 90. And in a week, he'll be 522 geared just doing random battlegrounds. I don't care what I'm wearing or the idiots that are going to probably whisper me to either offer their "tips to help me get geared" or outright bully me by telling me to "leave."

I'm going to do the REAL WAY to get honor gear. I don't expect some recognition like I'm some hero for doing this because this is how people used to do it back in LK. My real goal is to be "that guy" that these people hate, the so called "useless scrub" that ruins their BG experience (makes it even more fun that I'm a DK which has no support or utility).

And yes I will deal with the shitty horde queue times because guess what? I've done it before during LK when they were 10 times worse. Fucking 22 minute queue times were sometimes normal back with occasional times where the queues were just broken. I don't care because once I get this DK geared step by step, the feeling of progression, the rise of power will feel so much sweeter than just farming some shitty dungeon for justice points, killing rares, doing dailies, doing timeless isle, doing old boring world pvp events or any of the bullshit that's expected to be done before you do random bg's.

So yeah that's all I gotta say about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    In WoD, they bring up your iLvL in pvp right?

10+ Year Old Account
    you might not like it, but guess what? you have 2 options in game right now.

1) you either suck it up and get stomped in BG with no gear ( no fun at all ) and get next to no reward

2) or you do a few simple things and get geared enough in a few short days so that #1 doesn't make you want to jump off a tall building

Like it or not those are your options.

People keep getting said answer because they complain of getting their faces kicked in by geared players and the gear grind in bg's is awful. So guess what? we gave them another option that didn't have them crying about getting one shot in timeless gear.

If you want to gear up only doing bg's, that's your choice ( nothing wrong with that )
    But don't berate others and get all pissed because we give others a 2nd way to gear up without their eyes bleeding.

Option # 2 is the fastest way to gear up for pvp period but to each his own i guess

To answer the question to everyone who does this grind outside of bg's, It's because it is the fastest way - #2 ur geared in a few days

We here on the forums don't force you to do anything you don't want to do - but we will give you options. That's why it's called a choice my friend.
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-06-11 at 08:05 PM.

Yes it sucks, WoD will pretty much fix it. I don't give a flying fuck what others think I do the rares and such because it's faster honor than random BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    In WoD, they bring up your iLvL in pvp right?
    No, they don't " bring up your ilvl in pvp " in WoD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, unfortunatly because of how shit Bgs are, this is the only option. It sucks that you have to trudge through the LFR of pvp to get to arenas, but they refused to update the crafted pvp gear, so you get rofl stompped
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Back in Lich King I literally had one main character, a Warrior. Most people didn't have many alts because the leveling grind was heinous back then unless you had hierloom gear from the argent tourny dailies. But in today's game everybody seems to have a million alts and have this entitlement that they should be able to gear every single one of their alts as painlessly as possible. And this is my theory on why these shitty pve incentives spawned in Cataclysm and grew in power with MoP to the extent that doing random battlegrounds to gear a fresh 90 is seen as a bad thing!
    What are you talking about it was easy as hell to lvl up in Wrath. That was the only expansion I maxed out all of my toons and that was with only having 3 70s in BC and nothing else above 30. Wrath gave us boa gear and easily accessible raids to rapidly gear up in. As far as pvp gear goes it is no harder now to get gear then it has been before and in many cases easier since you can trade JP for honor and there are certain maps that either faction almost always win to farm honor. If honor gear isn't good enough for you to more on to conquest gear that is a play issue not a difficulty in gearing issue.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Pro's of doing it through PVE

-Tank, Healer Fast queues (compared to 10mins queue for horde bg queue)
    -You always get around 300-400JP Average per dungeon (where in BG's you might lose a 15minute match and get 50honor)
    -Fast dungeons runs with geared PVE players (10minute runs)
    -You never lose. (for real, you always end up with points)
    -You're not completely useless to your team. (You are a hinderence to your BG team and you increase your chances to lose by being a heavy weight)

Con's of doing it through PVE

-Gets boring after a while (yea, it does)

The best is to mix it up.. because after all.. it's all about fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/139...ttle-4-29-2014

(clears throat)

yes huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Yes they do.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree with OP.

However, I feel that the gap is too great right now. "Back then" you would not be killed as fast as you are now in fresh PVE gear. This might be a "last season of the xpack" issue.

Running stupid heroics in order to be able to do something in PVP is a stupid workaround indeed. Running old shit battles is weird as well. This should be fixed in some way.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    in case you dont want to look at the link

"On top of that, all gear—even gear found in PvE content—will be scaled up to a certain minimum item level in any designated PvP area. That minimum is still lower than any of the actual PvP gear, but a fresh level-100 character who’s just wearing some dungeon gear, or even whatever they picked up while questing, will not be at quite as severe a disadvantage should they choose to step into a Skirmish or Random Battleground."

I don't care if you get honor for gear in random bg's. I've done it myself in a way. The biggest thing to keep in mind is you are around 430 ilvl or so when you hit 90 depending on how you level and if you buy items off the AH. A 430 ilvl DPS can be killed by a healer in battlegrounds if he has the gear.

There is a large amount of things that have made hitting 90 today and getting pvp gear in bg's a problem mainly the ilvl difference and the length of time it takes to get a full set of honor gear. You need 27,000 honor to get a full set of pvp gear. You get ruffly 300 honor for a win. That means 90 wins to get a full set. If you get a queue every 10 minutes you will sit in queue for 15 hours. If each BG takes 15 minutes it will take 22 and half hours of playing BG's to get the gear. So all and all you are looking at around 37 and a half hours to get a full set of honor gear as horde. That is a long time don't you think?

What I do when gearing a new toon is pop the BG queue and kill things on timeless isle for 496 gear. After that I wait for queues at the rare spawns. In between queues I kill the rares. After that I do the Isle of thunder pvp dailies between queues. After I get a friend and do VoA in between queues. If I get bored I do a dungeon while sitting in a bg queue (yes you can be queued for both at the same time)

Again I dont personally care if you are in 430 gear in a BG as long as you are not botting. It really doesn't help much though especially if you dont CC considering 550 gear and 400 gear CC's are the same. Honestly I wouldn't want to spend that much play time just trying to catch up to last seasons gear good luck on your adventure and I hope you don't mind dying constantly and having team mates comment on how they are carrying you.
    Last edited by Reveries1; 2014-06-11 at 09:25 PM.

whats the difference of sitting in a capital and waiting for your que to pop and waiting for elites to spawn as you wait in que?

the rest of your rant is well just a rant about people being people.

Deleted
    wow is 99% pve game 1% mini game pvp

play something else if it bothers you so much

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    wow is 99% pve game 1% mini game pvp

play something else if it bothers you so much
    Way to hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    in case you dont want to look at the link

"On top of that, all gear—even gear found in PvE content—will be scaled up to a certain minimum item level in any designated PvP area. That minimum is still lower than any of the actual PvP gear, but a fresh level-100 character who’s just wearing some dungeon gear, or even whatever they picked up while questing, will not be at quite as severe a disadvantage should they choose to step into a Skirmish or Random Battleground."
    The statement was
    My evidence is
    On top of that, all gear—even gear found in PvE content—will be scaled up to a certain minimum item level in any designated PvP area.
    Yeah, so they do bring your ilevel up. Whats the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    The statement was

My evidence is

Yeah, so they do bring your ilevel up. Whats the issue?
    I believe he was just poorly dropping the relevant information into the thread instead of making the troll click the link, and not saying you're wrong or calling you out specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I am absolutely getting sick of this. And yes before I continue, I will admit that I am mad. There are so many people here or on the official forums that believe that a fresh 90 should not be allowed to join random battlegrounds until you reach a certain item level. Yes, random battlegrounds. People are actually mad that a bunch of fresh 90's are ruining their random battleground experience. And now someone like me is mad that I have to deal with their constant belittlement of players that just want to pvp to y'know earn pvp gear.

Seriously, since when did it become almost mandatory to have full honor gear before doing random battlegrounds? And every time I say this these people are always like "oh man it's so easy to get honor now I can farm a full set in a week. Just do dailies, farm Rares, do tol barad/wintergrasp, do Grizzly Hills, do timeless isle man its so easy you're just being selfish for not forcing yourself to do these."

No fuck it. I AM SO SICK OF THIS SHIT. It's like all of these honor incentives outside of doing actual pvp has created a standard that you MUST DO THEM BEFORE YOU PVP. This shit never existed when I seriously played this game during wotlk. You had to run into the game as a fresh 90 and farm random battlegrounds while getting treated like a dirty harlot by every single geared player on the other team.

This hasn't changed and I don't want to hear how its somehow worse in MoP because of the item level scaling. No, back then there wasn't even baseline resilience, no catch up system that indirectly enabled this "Carry me for gold" bullshit. And yes the queue times did suck back then.

And you know what, I have to ask you people that honor gear outside of random battlegrounds, how is any of what you do fun?

*How is doing shitty trivial pve content that is dungeons over and over again fun?

*How is sitting around with a thumb up your ass waiting for rares to spawn fun?

*How is doing old ass open world events that nobody plays anymore (Tol Barad, Wintergrasp) fun?

*How is doing thunder isle dailies (oh and doing that wonderful solo quest chain before you can actually get the dailies) fun?

*How is doing old ass Grizzly Hills dailies fun and engaging?

*How is doing fucking Timeless Isle for useless ass 496 gear fun?

THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO AFTER REACHING LEVEL 90 AFTER DOING 100000 QUESTS AND DEALING WITH SLOW ASS FAT ASS TAUREN BEAR TANKS DURING DUNGEONS IS MORE AND MORE PVE CONTENT.

But no this is considered "the norm" now before you pvp. You have to do dungeons and sell your soul to other shitty pve content before you pvp or else you're a "selfish scrub" for not spending hours doing trivial ass pve content. That or you're expected to pay someone or have friends to carry you. And for new players? For these people it's "Fuck new players, they should just somehow learn to come to forums and do what we say before they pvp."

Has all of these pve incentives made you people lose sight that pvp gear can be earned through random battlegrounds? I seriously wish Blizzard would just remove these stupid pve incentives to grab honor gear. That way, there is no hostility towards players that want to do random battlegrounds in crafted or quest gear. It won't happen because for some reason people feel the need to gear a million alts as painless as possible and that is why these stupid fucking mechanics exist in the first place. This is my theory anyway.

So you know what I'm going to do, I'm going to gear this DK (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imias/advanced) that I've had sitting around for 3 months doing nothing after reaching 90. And in a week, he'll be 522 geared just doing random battlegrounds. I don't care what I'm wearing or the idiots that are going to probably whisper me to either offer their "tips to help me get geared" or outright bully me by telling me to "leave."

I'm going to do the REAL WAY to get honor gear. I don't expect some recognition like I'm some hero for doing this because this is how people used to do it back in LK. My real goal is to be "that guy" that these people hate, the so called "useless scrub" that ruins their BG experience (makes it even more fun that I'm a DK which has no support or utility).

And yes I will deal with the shitty horde queue times because guess what? I've done it before during LK when they were 10 times worse. Fucking 22 minute queue times were sometimes normal back with occasional times where the queues were just broken. I don't care because once I get this DK geared step by step, the feeling of progression, the rise of power will feel so much sweeter than just farming some shitty dungeon for justice points, killing rares, doing dailies, doing timeless isle, doing old boring world pvp events or any of the bullshit that's expected to be done before you do random bg's.

So yeah that's all I gotta say about that.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people didn't have many alts because the leveling grind was heinous back then unless you had hierloom gear from the argent tourny dailies. But in today's game everybody seems to have a million alts and have this entitlement that they should be able to gear every single one of their alts as painlessly as possible.
    I have maintained at least 8 classes on a couple realm since BC, now it up to 10 on them. I have leveled all them without heirloom, except for the last four. I also leveled and delete every single character I have had during LK at least 4 times, for one reason or another. Mostly because I did not want to pay to faction change or whatever, I think paying Blizzard for those services is a complete waste of my money. Leveling today is also a joke, I can level a character on a Saturday if I try hard enough, but mostly I go into Sunday to finish leveling it. Can also have geared out pretty well between whatever crafting gear and LFR gear I can get over a week or two.

This rant you are on is no different than on the pve side and its been that way forever, but you have to deal with more crap because you can't queue for normal and above content, like you can doing for pvp with battlegrounds, so on the pve side you can only get so far on your own before you actually need a group to further.

This game is about gear and its grind, it's also been that way, absolutely nothing new here. Some is just easier to get, but you still have to put in the time to grind it out no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I believe he was just poorly dropping the relevant information into the thread instead of making the troll click the link, and not saying you're wrong or calling you out specifically.
    Ahh, I suppose I reacted rather irrationally