Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    1)ams infest
    2) ???
    3) profit

just pick up death siphon because the fight still does do a good amount of damage and lasts quite a while

It should take no more than 6-7 minutes at that ilevel, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    jugg trinket gives something like 2k crit, not that much of a dps loss
    For Blood maybe. Frost and Unholy do not have access to Riposte and thus do not gain an offensive benefit to the Dodge on the trinket. Still worth using though for the self-healing it provides but I'll admit I don't know how useful the trinket is versus Death Siphon as I don't play Unholy, already completed Shadowmourne, and got my Invincible back in 5.3.

you know you can just put on your dps cloak while wearing tank gear too, some people only have tank gear because they raid MS tank but the dps cape and dps meta gem you just walk up to a vendor and buy, doesnt require having a dps set at all to use dps cap + dps meta and use your tank gear with 20k+ riposte crit + avoidance gcd cap
    Yep yep. My Druid has all four of the cloaks he can equip just in case I ever wanted to try Feral or, god forbid, Balance.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're really, REALLY desperate for extra healing sure, Juggs might be an option. But even then it'd have to be quite a long fight for it to actually give you a significant amount of heals. If you're rolling as dps, just toss it unless you've got like 463 trinket.

Deleted
    Just had my first try on Spine of Deathwing. One word : whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
    Seriously, what the fuck is this ? oO
    Is there a way to not make him roll ?

Deleted
    Yeah, but what about the Hideous Amalgamation ? They get rolled too (unless I'm doing something wrong)

A big milestone for me today, Sha of Fear 10 man normal down!!! I got bored tonight since our raid ID bugged out (Heroic Garrosh dissapeared and wouldn't respawn,) so I went on Openraid looking for a Heroic Sha of Fear lockout just for kicks. Over the next couple hours I ran in a circle and occasionally went out to re-forge and re-gem. After finally re-gemming straight Crit (was a pretty substantial DPS increase,) I ended up getting him with time to spare! I know this isn't all that impressive given my i-level but it was fun so I thought I would share it with you all Thanks again to everyone in this thread and a big shoutout to Castle, the random Openraid member who gave me the lockout! Editing the video right now!

Note: I didn't bother using the buff off of Heroic Sha, I wanted to test if I could get this down without it. Obviously it was needed before, but with gear I had I figured it wouldn't be needed.

Last edited by Tatsh; 2014-06-09 at 10:17 AM.

Hey guys,

Got Elegon down finally - it was absolutely faceroll using the 85% transition, however I am having a couple of issues reaching the 50% transition instead. I don't mind spending ~28m a week on it using the 85% but the 50% one would definatly speed it up. Unfortunatly my dps gear is still 10 ilvls below my tank gear (585 vs 575), and with either set, combinations, different reforges and what not, the best % I have been able to get at berserk cast is 54%. Any tips to increase my dps on this? Out of curiosity, do you reset stacks twice per ghoul (once at start and once before it expires) or just once for a little bit more vengeance? Surviveability seems to be a non issue resetting twice, but haven't given it a try with once. I got pretty close to dying once when he decided to crit-oneshot my ghoul in last phase making me unable to reset stacks so I'm abit wary giving that a try.
    Also, sometimes I summon ghoul to reset stacks and I see it whacking boss so start running, but boss still randomly decides to grip my ass back, any idea what is causing this?
    Any tips are appreciated, I could grab some logs/stream a kill next reset if that would help.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Ended up having an hour before raid to do Spine of Deathwing on 10 man and got it! I think I figured out a pretty decent strategy for it, I'll post a small guide along with a video after raid!

Short Guide:

Before this encounter I recommend having the following:

-Drums of Rage (Bloodlust)
    -Runescroll of Fortitude (II or III)
    -Drums of Ancient Kings
    -Food Buff
    -Flask
    -STR Potions

None of these are all that mandatory besides maybe the Kings Drums but every little bit helps, especially if your gear level is on the lower end of the spectrum.

Talents/Gear/etc.

Mione's talents are all ideal here, I do recommend that you have Death Coil bound to where you can reliably hit it if needed. This fight is less of a gear-check and more of a sanity/patience/rage check, learning the precise point on Deathwing where the left and right rolls trigger will account for a bunch of your wipes and while practice makes everything much easier there is still a bit of RNG to deal with throughout the fight (especially when Corruptions spawn). This encounter is also probably easier as Frost but I haven't tried it yet.

How to actually do the fight:

The mechanics are actually relatively simple, but the roll mechanic makes a bearable fight into an absolute nightmare. Deathwing will roll to either the left or the right side based on where you are positioned on his back, but while soloing this encounter staying on either side for more than 5 seconds (feels more like 4.5 or 4.25) will cause you and all Amalgamations to roll off Deathwing's back which will instantly kill you unless you are positioned in one of the holes on Deathwing's back. Staying in one of these allows you to have Deathwing roll endlessly without sending you or any Corrupted Bloods flying off of his back. Using the holes on his back will be the key way to make this encounter much easier once you learn the roll positioning and Grip timing.

Starting the fight, drop down onto Deathwing's back and immediately kill every Corruption up except one. I choose to leave one up here just so you aren't sitting in a hole where another Corruption can spawn on top of you and make you fly off. After killing these Corruptions you can pretty much just sit in the hole on Deathwing's back and allow Corrupted Bloods to spawn. I usually try not to attack these Bloods unless absolutely necessary and rely on other means of healing that do not damage them (Blood Tap, Ghoul Sac, Lichborne + AMS, etc.) After amassing a decent amount of bloods (9-12) start single targeting the last Corruption up and kill it to spawn an Amalgamation. This is where things get a little tricky...

You can't sit in your hole anymore because when Deathwing rolls he tosses all of the Amalgamations off of the side as well, so now you must carefully whittle down the Amalgamation while using AoE DPS (Diseases + Roiling Blood) to kill the Corrupted Bloods and get stacks onto the Amalgamation. At this point DBM start going insane and will count down for roll over and over again, giving you a maximum of four seconds or so for you to safely get from the side you are currently on to the other one. The divide that determines what side you are on is Deathwing's actual spinal cord, if you are even an inch to the left of it it will register you as so, same with right. At this point you should be alternating sides every 2-3 seconds, only staying on one side to whittle down or spread diseases to a Corruption that is close to casting Fiery Grip, which occurs about 25-30 seconds from the time a Corruption spawns.

This means that you will ideally want the Amalgamation that you are stacking bloods on to be dying at about the same time a Corruption is. Seal Armor Breach (the timer for how long you have to kill the Burning Tendons) has a 23 second channeling time which means that killing a Corruption at about the time a Breach goes off will give you ample time to kill the tendon before the newly spawned Corruption gets a fresh Grip cast off on you. Remember, when blowing up an Amalgamation you want to be as close to Deathwing's armor as possible, if you are too far away the Burning Tendons won't be exposed and the game will warn you that you need to be closer next time you trigger a Nuclear Blast. Also remember that depending on what side of Deathwing's spine you choose to detonate the Amalgamation on can cause a different Burning Tendon to spawn. If you got the Tendon on the right side to 20% before it shut and then blew up the Amalgamation on the left side the next time you'll get a different Tendon that will be at full health.

As far as killing the Tendons, make sure that the side that you blow up has an open hole from a dead Corruption so that you can hack away at the exposed tendon while not having to worry about getting thrown off Deathwing's back. There is ample room to melee attack Deathwing's Burning Tendons while in the front Corruption slots, so you should never get thrown off unless a Corruption dies and randomly spawns on top of your position during a roll. As for the Tendons themselves, depending on how much damage you can dish out you can choose to use Drums of Rage, Potions, Cooldowns, etc. at your own leisure. I would recommend using Drums of Rage for the first Tendon since the enrage timer for the encounter (15 minutes) allows you to use an additional Drum near the end of the encounter as long as you kill the first tendon in under 5 minutes or so.

After this it's pretty much rinse and repeat, although you have to make sure that you are in a position in which you can kill the active Corruption no matter where you are at any given time. If you ever have a Corruption that is more than one hole away I would recommend that you kill the active Corruption so that it is closer to you (or at least within Pestilence range). Even though a Fiery Grip isn't game over (at higher gear levels you can easily live the 20 seconds it channels the spell for without dying, especially since it holds you in place during a roll,) it still slows down the encounter for you considerably and adds unneeded pressure to an already taxing encounter.

The main thing to remember while doing this encounter is knowing when you need to play to win and knowing when you need to play to "not die". Pick your spots and know when it might be better to roll and reset a complicated Corruption position or spell timer and when to go balls out and hammer away at the Amalgamation to kill a Burning Tendon!

If anyone else has any questions about the fight please feel free to ask me (or any of the much more talented players in this thread,) anything at all!
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2014-06-12 at 07:20 AM. Reason: WALL OF TEXT HITS YOU FOR 99,999 <OVERKILL>

x16.5 damage and +90% damage reduction against everything else
    Well, here goes Mim/Invi rarity -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    - x16.5 damage and +90% damage reduction against everything else
    That's just overkill

Maloriak 25 man heroic youtube.com/watch?v=9OyhN9AOwJc

so anyone and their mother will be able to solo cata content on down on any setting without any problem? kinda pisses all over soloers

i guess the prestige next expansion will be entirely in MoP and current content soloing

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    so anyone and their mother will be able to solo cata content on down on any setting without any problem? kinda pisses all over soloers

i guess the prestige next expansion will be entirely in MoP and current content soloing
    On the bright side, you'll be able to amass a stock of gold from soloing 25H Cataclysm raids!

(Unless the 100g/boss drops, not counting vendoring stuff, is also nerfed).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    On the bright side, you'll be able to amass a stock of gold from soloing 25H Cataclysm raids!

(Unless the 100g/boss drops, not counting vendoring stuff, is also nerfed).
    The 100g drops will most certainly be nerfed, though loot might stay the same as it has since, well, from the launch of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    The 100g drops will most certainly be nerfed, though loot might stay the same as it has since, well, from the launch of the game.
    I was referring to the fact that you get 130 pure gold or so from the boss itself. Of course the loot will stay the same :P
    Also, Doomwalker and other easily soloable 25-man TBC content dropped 500g+ in WotLK, so we can hope. . .

The gold will probably get nerfed. They nerfed the gold from TBC raids because everyone could easily solo them. This change will make it just as easy for any pre-MoP raid so I'll assume they'll nerf gold again.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Hey guys,

Got Elegon down finally - it was absolutely faceroll using the 85% transition, however I am having a couple of issues reaching the 50% transition instead. I don't mind spending ~28m a week on it using the 85% but the 50% one would definatly speed it up. Unfortunatly my dps gear is still 10 ilvls below my tank gear (585 vs 575), and with either set, combinations, different reforges and what not, the best % I have been able to get at berserk cast is 54%. Any tips to increase my dps on this? Out of curiosity, do you reset stacks twice per ghoul (once at start and once before it expires) or just once for a little bit more vengeance? Surviveability seems to be a non issue resetting twice, but haven't given it a try with once. I got pretty close to dying once when he decided to crit-oneshot my ghoul in last phase making me unable to reset stacks so I'm abit wary giving that a try.
    Also, sometimes I summon ghoul to reset stacks and I see it whacking boss so start running, but boss still randomly decides to grip my ass back, any idea what is causing this?
    Any tips are appreciated, I could grab some logs/stream a kill next reset if that would help.
    Would still appreciate some input on this!
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty hard to give any input since most of the readers/posters haven't gone for Elgeon solo :P Since you got him down with the 85% transition tac I don't think there's any way you can make it shorter. Ghoul getting crit is just bad rng and there's nothing you can do about it. Altough, 54% is close, but you must take into consideration that maybe that pull you had good rng with crit. If you can bring him that low often, then it might be doable.

Hey guys,

Having soloed it a few times at 580 ilevel before the item upgrades, I can't relate - I've sometimes had to stop DPS for as long as 2:30 because I've hit the ~56% mark there around. With that said I'm not even sure how you've managed to enrage it at 85% while staying alive and not phasing it.

My advice would be to just play a little more 'recklessly' and take more stacks. Another thing you could try is start the fight at 99 stacks and tank it with CDs for as long as possible - should result in a pretty decent DPS gain with Army and Lust on the pull. Also, if you have access to Galakras' Eye, you can use the Army trick to eek out more Army DPS in phases 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Having soloed it a few times at 580 ilevel before the item upgrades, I can't relate - I've sometimes had to stop DPS for as long as 2:30 because I've hit the ~56% mark there around. With that said I'm not even sure how you've managed to enrage it at 85% while staying alive and not phasing it.

My advice would be to just play a little more 'recklessly' and take more stacks. Another thing you could try is start the fight at 99 stacks and tank it with CDs for as long as possible - should result in a pretty decent DPS gain with Army and Lust on the pull. Also, if you have access to Galakras' Eye, you can use the Army trick to eek out more Army DPS in phases 1 and 2.
    First, EEoF doesn't do the CDR for Blood.

Second, how are people soloing Elegon again, forcing the Enrage thereby skipping the transition and final phases?