Poll: Would you want a Gilnean/Worgen District in Stormwind in place of the park?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd rather see Varian follow up on his Siege comments and actually do something about Gilneas itself. It's big, amazing zone with very large city which remains pretty much unused for years now (just couple of undead quests, part of rogue legendary and phased/instanced worgen starting zone). Such a waste :/

Also, I'm worried that Gilnean architecture would really stand out in Stormwind - not sure if in good or bad sense. So far Stormwind style is rather uniform - adding district not matching rest of the city might not look as cool as we hope.

Personally I hope for some airship docking area. Skyfire, Skybreaker and others - those are some of most impressive and awe inspiring machines Alliance has. Surely they deserve some more spotlight. It would also expand on idea of Stormwind docks being launching point of Alliance operations (think Northrend/Vashj'ir/Twilight Highlands/"Tides of War"). And how awesome would it look from Mage District vista point

Gilneans need Gilneas back. Not a district.

Put Dalaran in the park.

Awesome signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunduus View Post

Put Dalaran in the park.
    Oh, no no.. I would vote for Gilneas back. Mentioning it here because I don't find it likely yet if so..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lunduus View Post

Put Dalaran in the park.
    Put an entire city into one district of another, when SW already has a mage quarter, instead of a district for the least represented race?

Gilneas being reclaimed would be awesome but let's not kid ourselves it's not going to happen in game.

We don't need more Worgen, so I would say no. But yes, they have pretty buildings.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

It simply won't happen. This was the original plan in Cataclysm but fel down the drain after they ran out of time. The only proof of it, is Greymane being stationed in Stormwind. Right now, it does not make sense. By now, Gilneans would already make a place for themselves in Darnassus. So the question appears, what would force Gilneans to move from Teldrassil in masses to live in Stormwind?

Truth is that while Gilneans stay in Darnassus they still have one last shred of identity, if they move to Stormwind, in time of one generation they will be just people of Stromwind, not a unique independent entity, not even if some of them are worgen.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    It simply won't happen. This was the original plan in Cataclysm but fel down the drain after they ran out of time. The only proof of it, is Greymane being stationed in Stormwind. Right now, it does not make sense. By now, Gilneans would already make a place for themselves in Darnassus. So the question appears, what would force Gilneans to move from Teldrassil in masses to live in Stormwind?

Truth is that while Gilneans stay in Darnassus they still have one last shred of identity, if they move to Stormwind, in time of one generation they will be just people of Stromwind, not a unique independent entity, not even if some of them are worgen.
    I assume many Gilneans traveled with Genn to Stormwind as well. They'd want to protect their king, surely. And as the Worgen have been mentioned as an elite fighting force in the Alliance in several books at this point, I'd assume they'd have their own place to set up camp in Stormwind as well as Darnassass (where they have hardly enough room for a dozen citizens, much less an entire population)

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    We don't need more Worgen, so I would say no. But yes, they have pretty buildings.
    Don't need more? They're the least represented player race.

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Don't need more? They're the least represented player race.
    And its still too much. I hate fake british accents.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It's a game made primarily in the states and voice acted primarily by Americans. What the hell do you expect?

Deleted
    I personally think a path leading down to the sea, it fits in with how it can work with that gapping hole. Then at the bottom is a small Gilnean Harbour with their buildings and look and feel, maybe a ship or two. Make it dark and gloomy, it is part of Stormwind but just far enough away for it not to clash with the look and feel of the rest of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    Hopefully your expansion becomes a reality...
    it kind of feels like south seas+ dark below.
    mix of gain new/old allies while fighting off the old god minions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Nothing since Blizzard fucked worgens over quite majorly.
    yeah and probably going to get worse before it gets better(if it ever does)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You not liking their accents is no excuse for an entire race to get shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Uh... Sylvanas did fight, and got her ass handed to her.

Really? That's amazing was that in a novel?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems really unclear what Blizz intend to do with Gilneas zone.

If they don't have any plans for it in the immediate future, they should make a gilnean district in stormwind, could possibly have a tree+moonwell to host night elves too.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would've been cool if they added two additional districts for SW. a crowded Pandaren District which acts as a "chinatown" for SW, and a dark and creepy Worgen District. but im fine with either one :3.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alundra View Post
    It's a game made primarily in the states and voice acted primarily by Americans. What the hell do you expect?
    Doesn't stop them from hiring English actors who live in the USA, or maybe even seeing if there any residing in England, and bringing them to Anaheim to record lines.
    I wonder if they get real Scots for the Dwarves and Jamaicans to voice the Trolls?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Really? That's amazing was that in a novel?
    In the Gilneas quests as a new worgen character you eventually have an epic battle to reclaim Gilneas City, culminating in fighting Sylvannas herself and forcing her to flee. Sadly despite the victory they still have to flee to Kalimdor because lolhordesuperweapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm inclined to agree, because unless Worgen get back Gilneas, they do not have a single location that could be called a home with their own architecture. Yhe only thing there's in game is Surwich, and lets face it, the lack of NPC's and enviroment clutter there make it kinda lame.

So either a Gilnean District (hell, even the park retextured with Ginean artwork could be enough) or an embassy sort of area, for all the other alliance races (Worgen, night elf and draenei) to hang out. I personally prefer the second idea, but I do understand the plight of the worgen players.

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    In the Gilneas quests as a new worgen character you eventually have an epic battle to reclaim Gilneas City, culminating in fighting Sylvannas herself and forcing her to flee. Sadly despite the victory they still have to flee to Kalimdor because lolhordesuperweapon.

Ohh, that's what you mean. Yeah, I knew that, I did that area a couple of times. I just thought the fight wasn't quite over, mostly because the Worgen weren't actually back in Gilneas yet.

Either way, let's hope there will be some clarity about the future of Gilneas at some point along the road. If it's not important to the main story line, I don't think there has to be a huge spectacle or event with huge new cutscenes and stuff. Just the old Gilneas as it was at the start of the Worgen storyline.

Or maybe *hopes getting up* there could be a scenario for it? "Reclaiming of Gilneas"?