Poll: What do you think about it ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ok..it is hard to pull this off without sounding like an asshole...but you will now be farming gold to buy a sub from people with an ingame currency...when you could be out working earning REAL Money (and probably more) to pay for food, rent..and eventually the sub?
    Who's said only jobless can't / don't want to pay for a sub ?
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2014-06-11 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ok..it is hard to pull this off without sounding like an asshole...but you will now be farming gold to buy a sub from people with an ingame currency...when you could be out working earning REAL Money (and probably more) to pay for food, rent..and eventually the sub?
    Yep, you definitely sounded like an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Hi, i just wanted to know if Blizzard should implement the same system as the Wildstar Business model, the C.R.E.D.D feature is really awesome for players like me who LOVE to play Wow but can't really pay for it.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...usiness-model/

EDIT : this could also stop gold sellers.
    Judging on how gold sellers are RAMPANT in Wild Star (and Wild Star doesn't know how to deal with it, banning legit players for returning the mails and not implementing anti-spam systems), I would say that it's not going to stop anything.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And people hack other people's accounts and cheat and give themselves GM commands. Doesn't mean Blizzard should condone it "because people do it."

At any rate, sounds like a way to MASSIVELY encourage botting. Not only can they sell gold, they can zero out any money they'd have to pay to do so. And they could do that without hacking anyone's account.
    The thing is, if you don't implement things to discourage botting, you may as well not have a game at all. Everything in MMOs encourages botting, from honorfarm to matsfarm to just regular goldfarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Wildstar not exactly the originators of this method but uh.. there's 0 negatives and it gives people options.

No reason not to do it.
    Rofl, posted directly after a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Why would it stop gold sellers? Because there's a picture of a rabbit and it says they don't get anything?

Can you trade virtual currency in Wildstar? Because if so, it'll go like this: Stolen Credit Card(or account)>Buy CREDD>Sell in-game for gold>sell gold on website>profit.

While it's certainly another method for people who play and don't have a job or money to pay for it, it's not really an option I can see them using for WoW.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Judging on how gold sellers are RAMPANT in Wild Star (and Wild Star doesn't know how to deal with it, banning legit players for returning the mails and not implementing anti-spam systems), I would say that it's not going to stop anything.
    Honestly I'm kind of surprised to see that goldsellers jumped on wildstar so fast. I don't think they don't know how to deal with it, it's just they have other priorities at the moment.

That said, I've never seen worse goldselling/botting dealing than WoW. It's horrible and it's always-increasing, and I have more problems with WoW botters and goldsellers than I've had in any other game.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I could see Blizzard charging us for content patches. Like you buy the expansion, then get charged $10 every patch or pay $50 for the season pass... Think about it, we pay for pets, mounts, xmog helms, leveled toons, a subscription, faction changes, name changes, server transfers, and expansion packs... The only thing left is patches, is this such a crazy idea?

I wish they would cut us some slack financially, I feel like they are making money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    This is pure speculation on my part, but I could see Blizzard charging us for content patches. Like you buy the expansion, then get charged $10 every patch or pay $50 for the season pass... Think about it, we pay for pets, mounts, xmog helms, leveled toons, a subscription, faction changes, name changes, server transfers, and expansion packs... The only thing left is patches, is this such a crazy idea?

I wish they would cut us some slack financially, I feel like they are making money hand over fist.
    They would sell class changes before selling patches, which I hope neither happens.....;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They would sell class changes before selling patches, which I hope neither happens.....;_;
    They already sell class changes: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...haracter-boost

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i already buy my game time with gold (for 3 years i guess) don't care if they add a legit way for it or not .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    But hey, if people continue to follow the trend of not caring that the blizz store is becoming more and more prominent as well as the appearance of an instant level 90 service, we might very well be on the verge of such game-breaking system. I bet people will still claim it's fair because some people don't have the time to farm gold...
    Is there a trend in not caring about the store? Is that a joke? You must be blind, dear fellow poster. Every single time something gets released in the store, dozens of threads pop up and fill up with whine.

Ahaha yeah let's gold farm 30 hours for 15 bucks.

The only thing that's gonna come out of this is chinese bot armies being even easier to sustain, also hackers making more dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Not the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Can't pay for it? 13$ per month?
    dude. after going to blizzcon i believe it. some of the people i saw there are living breathing sterotypes lol.

OT: people would probably freak out but honestly i dont think it would be a terrible idea. i dont really back it but im not against it either. doesnt have any real effect on me so i dont care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    Sounds like a way to be BTP without calling it that. Is this correct?
    If you're really good at making gold, you can buy to play. it helps reduce gold farmers drastically and helps regulate gold buying. The company takes a hit, but the consumers usually feel a lot better about it.

Good guy Wildstar
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Not the same thing.
    You're right, this is better. The Boost gives you a new race while maintaining your old one and gives you usable gear. A priest in full mage tier wouldn't be very useful, unless you're proposing all of your gear getting swapped over with its gems and enchants and upgrades, in which case, that seems like a colossal waste of time to implement when there's already the boost option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    If you're really good at making gold, you can buy to play. it helps reduce gold farmers drastically and helps regulate gold buying. The company takes a hit, but the consumers usually feel a lot better about it.

Good guy Wildstar
    Nobody takes the hit, the game time is still being bought by someone who wishes to trade it away for gold

Considering my inability to gather gold in game since you can no longer be a lazy fuck and sell valor-point-boots for ingame-dosh im a bit... eh... well...

It is a fair concept... But i dont like to work in game to play, you know? I got enough in my head with money and bills when im not playing, i dont want to do chores in a game as well, just to be able to keep playing it. I work already to do that and pay a monthly fee.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bashing anyone but after reading some threads it seems there are some people who will defend the subscription until Illidan returns wielding Frostmourne :O

Personally I think this idea is nice so long as the potential loss of income doesn't hinder the speed at which content is created, if for example content was delayed by a month each tier I could live with that quite easily. Now if content was delayed 3 months or more I would say to the Nether with the idea! I am all for reducing the pricing of things such as the subscription, in-game services (transfers, faction changes) and making all blizzard store items under $10 HOWEVER I am not for most if any of them if it means content is released at a much slower pace.

In the end I want to trust in Blizzard and trust that they won't succumb to greed and instead will focus on making life better for players (in-game and IRL with cost reductions) however a company is first and foremost a company, companies survive off of money just like goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    That's the only possible downside and it's not much of one when you consider that botting for gold to buy CREDD gets you nothing more than a month of gametime, i.e. $15 maximum per month. That hardly seems worth a botter/hackers time.
    I'm just guessing, personally I'd like such a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    1 - hackers already exists
    2 - encourage botters to do what ? farm gold ? again why would everyone buy gold from and external source and take any risk ?
    Would make it easier to... let's say launder their botted/hacked gold and convert it to cash.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    So, with how cheap gold is in WoW(under $1/100gold) the price of a CREDD-like currency would have to be incredibly high and that high price would translate to a very high real currency price. It wouldn't work, IMO. It works in WS because it's a new game and the economy is still shifting every single day.
    Well, if such a system existed it would operate at a different price point to the illegal market. People will pay more for something legal, simply because of the reduced risk of being scammed or banned. And of course some people don't know where to go to get black market gold or are afraid to approach them.

I'm not sure what those friends of mine are paying in gold to buy their game time, but I'm sure it's a lot more than 1,500 gold! Which proves that such a market could exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

Good guy Wildstar
    I guess we'll see whether or not it has an effect on gold farmers. Wouldn't gold farmers use their gold to buy a lot of CREDD and then sell it on ebay or some such?

Unless it's only possible for CREDD to change hands once, like Bind on Sale or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.