Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I for one can really do with an empowerment arc for my Horde after all the shit we took in MoP's finale.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I was alliance for my first 2 yrs, it always felt not right. I'm Horde at heart, the only thing I don't like about Horde is too many Blood elves. I'm thinking maybe we should trade them for worgen lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Horde is cool, orcs are boring. When I knew we had to raid SoO for a year I was really hoping that we'll get a huge break of orcs......

.... and then WoD got announced....
    Haha sucks for you ,but not for me! more Orcs the better lol.

Deleted
    I like the Horde but it's simply too Orc dominant. Yes, I understand they're the leaders/main race of the Horde but they're over-doing it. I'm not liking orc architecture because seeing as how we're facing expansions in the future, ALL future Horde bases will be based on orcish styling looking completely barbaric. Again, it's okay that they're focusing on that but they're doing it too much.

The Burning Crusade had Troll bases in Zangarmarsh, (Horde) Blood Elf bases around Outland etc.

I want the other Horde races to be more dominant. I want a Blood Elf / Tauren / Forsaken base on Draenor in WoD or any other new territory. Same with the questlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanxys View Post
    I like the Horde but it's simply too Orc dominant. Yes, I understand they're the leaders/main race of the Horde but they're over-doing it. I'm not liking orc architecture because seeing as how we're facing expansions in the future, ALL future Horde bases will be based on orcish styling looking completely barbaric. Again, it's okay that they're focusing on that but they're doing it too much.

The Burning Crusade had Troll bases in Zangarmarsh, (Horde) Blood Elf bases around Outland etc.

I want the other Horde races to be more dominant. I want a Blood Elf / Tauren / Forsaken base on Draenor in WoD or any other new territory. Same with the questlines.
    I love Orc architecture more Orcs the better!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I love Orc architecture more Orcs the better!
    This is the Horde. Not the Orcs. It's a faction, not a single race. A colony of multiple races not just one. Besides, we're getting an entire expansion purely focused on Orcs and already we have too much Orc influence in the old continents as it is. This is not World of Orcraft.

You don't get it. A very unreasonable and selfish comment you made there.

Deleted
    I agree with you O.P. I mainly play Alliance but I have a couple of Horde characters, so my perspective I guess is from the Alliance side. It feels like we're not 'cool' or however you want to phrase it. People almost feel ashamed to say " I'm an Alliance player " and I feel that stems mainly from Blizzard itself. It's no secret that the Horde is favoured by them, if people want to disagree with me then I guess they are entitled to. From small things such as that Horde band ( lvl 70 elite Tauren Cheiftans or whatever they changed their names to in subsequent expansions ) playing in game and their real life counterparts playing at Blizzcons, to the focus of this next expansion and everything in between. It's frustrating, but what can you do about it? The more you protest about these things the more of a whiny beehatch people think you are, so I tend to keep my opinion to myself these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want them to start considering dwarven lore...

Couldn't give a shit if the entirety of WoW history (and future) was ultra Alliance or Horde focused tbh, as long as there's stuff in game for me stab I will be happy.

WOD orcs and the iron horde are not THE HORDE.

also, every book/story/movie has their own version of the orcs and trolls, thats what makes them special, humans and dwarfs, they are the EXCAT same eveytime, which is kinda boring.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want Blizzard to centre an expansion's story around races that aren't Humans and Orcs. Say if Azshara and N'zoth did both appear for The Dark Below, that could potentially put Night Elves and Undead at the front, with some Worgen and Goblin development on the side. If Blizzard would actually feature other races that aren't their two poster races, and write them well in the process, it shows they care and can put the effort in.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Horde centric or not, I'm just tired of fighting orcs. Been killing 'True Horde' orcs for 5.3 and 5.4 and after a prolonged period of SoO, we're jumping right into evil horde #47, on top of it being pulled out of nowhere via timetravel. I just can't get excited about not only killing MORE orcs right after SoO, but fighting copies of lore characters long dead. Orgrim and Blackhand and Gul'dan, they already had their stories told. The story should move forward not backwards.

If I wasn't excited to finally see some Dranei lore, and curious to see Draenor itself and the lore other than 'hey it's another evil horde run by the wc 2 orcs' such as learning more about the arakkoa I might not even buy the expansion.

As Alliance I go into battlegrounds and all I fight are orcs and trolls and undead. Blizz, why are all the battlegrounds Horde battlegrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    As Alliance I go into battlegrounds and all I fight are orcs and trolls and undead. Blizz, why are all the battlegrounds Horde battlegrounds?
    Apples and oranges comparing the story and pve content to the racial composition of teams you fight in battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I agree. But im not so much sick of the Horde getting the spotlight, but more because of the Orcs.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I agree. But im not so much sick of the Horde getting the spotlight, but more because of the Orcs.
    It just feels like a step backwards. They've shown they can create new villains and new lore, why resurrect dead rts villains to fight them again instead of an established threat like Azshara or doing something new like with MoP.