Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    bboy is more rng because over the 10 second proc you could have to move at the last 5 seconds of the proc, it hurts alot more than if you had KTT equiped.
    The same is true in reverse, if you have BBOY equiped and you have to move during the first few seconds of the proc you are losing alot less dps than if you had to move during the first few seconds of a KTT proc. Generally you have higher risk/reward with using BBOY and KTT is the 'safer' option for more consistent dps.

But an Regular Heroic BBOY vs Heroic WF KTT fight, which one it's better in your opinion guys?

If u play properly even with lower ilvl BBOY surpasses WF KTT or the 6ilvl higher will make more reasonable go to the simple choice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post

But an Regular Heroic BBOY vs Heroic WF KTT fight, which one it's better in your opinion guys?

If u play properly even with lower ilvl BBOY surpasses WF KTT or the 6ilvl higher will make more reasonable go to the simple choice?
    I personally would never play Destruction with BBoY except on fights where I know I'm going to plant my feet and not move no matter what mechanic comes at me. On any movement fight I would play with a regular heroic KTT over my Heroic WF BBoY.

Go with H WF KTT over H BBOY. You'll do more even with perfect usage (which is essentially impossible on real fights).

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Go with H WF KTT over H BBOY. You'll do more even with perfect usage (which is essentially impossible on real fights).
    This ^^
    Surely logic tells you when there is a close debate between HWF KTT v HWF BBOY that HWF KTT will be better than H BBOY.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    This ^^
    Surely logic tells you when there is a close debate between HWF KTT v HWF BBOY that HWF KTT will be better than H BBOY.
    I think for steady fights like Protectors, Norushen or even Garrosh depends on your job, BBOY would surpasses KTT by a mile with proper management.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think for steady fights like Protectors, Norushen or even Garrosh depends on your job, BBOY would surpasses KTT by a mile with proper management.
    This is blatantly not true, with perfect play the delta between the trinkets is still quite small.

You forget that the static multistrike is giving you like 5-6% dmg. There's no way you'll get that much dps from 2700 haste/mastery. So while the proc is better, the static is worse. That's the balance.

So I've been going affliction for Thokk and it works ok. I want to go destro for tonights kill. My Question. How do you guys do the fight when your unending resolve is on CD and there is no Aura up? Do you just cap on your embers and say fuck it and just Incen, Immolate, and conflag? Raid buffed I hit 33% haste and can't get a CB off towards the end.

Deleted
    Use a stack of backdraft to squeeze out a chaos bolt.

Reforge for a high haste build. Or if you guys have devos plan around that and UR. You may not have procs but it's better than capping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Use a stack of backdraft to squeeze out a chaos bolt.
    You stole my transmog you dog

Reforge for a high haste build. Or if you guys have devos plan around that and UR. You may not have procs but it's better than capping.
    If you manage your conflags well and time your UR well with respect to whenever your devo chain starts, you should be able to use all your embers without capping without too much trouble.
    Last edited by FurtyIRL; 2014-06-05 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    So I've been going affliction for Thokk and it works ok. I want to go destro for tonights kill. My Question. How do you guys do the fight when your unending resolve is on CD and there is no Aura up? Do you just cap on your embers and say fuck it and just Incen, Immolate, and conflag? Raid buffed I hit 33% haste and can't get a CB off towards the end.
    As mentioned, you don't have the time to chain cast, so the reduced cast time on Incin from backdraft is not gaining you anything. Use your MC charges as much as possible on CB's and keep close attention to your Meta procs. After my opening burst, i usually build up to 3 embers then use my UR and dump those CB's, unless I get a proc sooner. After that I build up again in time to drop those during Devo. From that point forward I weave them in when I have 3 backdraft charges or a meta proc. Don't forget to keep up RoF as one of your instants you can cast during the i nterrupt, along with fel flame, when conflag is on cooldown.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2014-06-05 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Don't forget to keep up RoF as one of your instants you can cast during the i nterrupt, along with fel flame, when conflag is on cooldown.
    My best attempt at this boss was when I went Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Haste was around 6-7k, and I just incinerated once between roars at high stacks. No need to fel flame as it can mess with your GCD timings.

Not saying it's the BEST way to do it, but it worked for me extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    My best attempt at this boss was when I went Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Haste was around 6-7k, and I just incinerated once between roars at high stacks. No need to fel flame as it can mess with your GCD timings.

Not saying it's the BEST way to do it, but it worked for me extremely well.
    Yes, I personally feel Crit over Haste on this fight for sure if you want to truly min/max it. Due to the mechanics of the fight, you can not gain the full benefit of Haste since you can not chain cast. What is the point of lowering your cast time by .1s if your still capped at a point where you can not fit 2 globals between the interrupt?

I had ~4k haste when we killed him during progression lol

Awesome guide, has been tons of help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    It depends on a lot of things. Personally for most of the bosses in SoO I run ~12k haste in destro because I like the way it feels on most of the fights due to cleave (could drop a bunch for more ST fights like jugg, but I'm lazy). On garrosh though I run ~6k haste and bump up my crit because the AoE part of the fight is pretty irrelevant and I'd rather get more damage on the boss.

Play around with different forges and see what works for you, I don't think the difference between mastery > crit and Mastery > haste is really the different, I just wouldn't want to ever drop down lower than ~6k haste personally because it feels sluggish. More haste is also nice for having to move often like you do in garrosh, makes it easier to get CBs off without having to move cuz of mechanic X Y or Z.
    Thanks so much for your feedback and for the other people who gave me tips. On the whole my dps had improved by like 50k on Garrosh fight. Also on a fallen protectors normal I was doing upwards of 350k dmg by the end of the fight. Also in the same run I did Immerseus HC and Norushen HC and on Norushen I was top dps and I even wasn't the first to take the golden orbs.

Again great tips.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have a preference/ better results with crit/haste stacking on heroic garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    Anyone have a preference/ better results with crit/haste stacking on heroic garrosh?
    I've found Haste to work better personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I've found Haste to work better personally.
    I found the opposite to be true for me. I was heavy haste and switched it to crit with mastery being my top secondary obviously and my numbers this week shot up from the last few weeks. Could have just been better attempts, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I found the opposite to be true for me. I was heavy haste and switched it to crit with mastery being my top secondary obviously and my numbers this week shot up from the last few weeks. Could have just been better attempts, who knows.
    I assume you have been valor upgrading your gear these past few weeks?