572 Mage -- Arcane or Fire?

With my current gear, I feel like I may be better itemized for Arcane.

Thoughts? And yes, I am comfortable with either spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Qiladin/simple

I also have hit/haste ring and KTT trinket at my disposal.

Thx

Deleted
    'what spec for x ilvl' again.

whatever you want. its your character, your playstyle affects your dps really, just test them in raids and whatever you find to do more dps/ you like more.

Quote Originally Posted by johnprescott View Post
    'what spec for x ilvl' again.
    People don't want to bother searching, they just want to get an answer to their direct problem.

Quote Originally Posted by johnprescott View Post
    whatever you want. its your character, your playstyle affects your dps really, just test them in raids and whatever you find to do more dps/ you like more.
    This basically, but the general rule to follow is what do you have the most of, stat-wise?

- Crit?: Fire [If you don't have Crit gear, don't even bother with Fire]
    - Mastery?: Arcane [If you don't have Mastery gear, don't even bother with Arcane]
    - Haste?: Frost [Even if you don't have Haste gear, Frost is good with Mastery as well; it only doesn't work well with a lot of Crit {~35%} because anything past 28% fully buffed is only good for FO and FB]
    - Mastery and Haste?: Frost or Arcane

Also, let me just say: You're 570 (use equipped iLevel, not overall iLevel), so your competency with your class should definitely be high enough to where you could easily make your own decision unless you bought runs and bought all your gear, in which case, it doesn't really matter. Your playstyle and what you enjoy most will yield the most DPS because all 3 are fairly close together.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-06-11 at 07:14 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

there isn't much of a difference between arc and fire so go w/e. if u care about the small difference go arcane but u'l have to work harder for the extra dmg
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME

replace "hunter pet" with "mage spec"
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Ok ill be diffrent form the others :P

As im looking at your gear it is better to go arcane. You actualy have enough mastery gear and 4p set bonus. Replace Blood trinket with KTT and the pennyroyal ring with something else and you will get better results. And actualy i am advising you to do so, because your gear is really really bad for fire.

P.S. i want to note that nowdays with 4/4 upgrades everybody can reach 570+ ilvl with normal gear and 1-2 WF peices. So dont be impresed. Be impressed when someone say 580+ ilvl because that means he have more than half his gear from hc.

Many cents. Much wisdom. WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-06-12 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Hilariously accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Love it. Should be put up as a sticky with "Please watch before posting about what spec you should play and when".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Ok ill be diffrent form the others :P

As im looking at your gear it is better to go arcane. You actualy have enough mastery gear and 4p set bonus. Replace Blood trinket with KTT and the pennyroyal ring with something else and you will get better results. And actualy i am advising you to do so, because your gear is really really bad for fire.

P.S. i want to note that nowdays with 4/4 upgrades everybody can reach 570+ ilvl with normal gear and 1-2 WF peices. So dont be impresed. Be impressed when someone say 580+ ilvl because that means he have more than half his gear from hc.

Many cents. Much wisdom. WoW.
    Hey I will only be 578 with full 4/4, I have a bunch of heroic gear tyvm >.>...I stopped raiding in december, but still..You should be impressed with my 588 h wf'd staff D:

Deleted
    This is getting off topic, but... after all this months in SoO i actualy have all caster weapons (except the staff from Siegecrafter) hc warforged, so a little things can impress me right now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Qiladin View Post
    Thoughts?
    My thoughts are this question needs to stop happening, do some research, thread closed.