10+ Year Old Account

Best Melee for someone who plays with higher ping than most people?

I'm playing WoW in NZ and wanting to get back into some PvP so i thought i would use my 90 boost on a sweet new pvp toon.

But here in NZ we have around 250-300 ping always. I'v played plenty of range but would love to play a melee for WoD so i am wondering what melee would be the best pick for arena and BG. I remember playing a rogue ages ago for pvp and it sucked.. Could never interupt quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the melee will help you interrupting quicker than the other, but I do recommend DKs as melee simple because of 24/7 snare, death grip and more ranged abilities.

I'm not sure if ferals are any good for high ping players, but considering their movement speed and (in general) a 100% uptime snare I guess it wouldn't be -that- bad compared to some other classes.

Warriors might also be decent considering charge put you in melee range immediately while stunning your opponent as well as your snare being off GCD, but after that you'll have a hard time catching someone.

So yeah, I'd say DK>Feral>Warr

DK or warrior.

But don't expect to be able to interrupt everything with high ping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    DK or warrior.

But don't expect to be able to interrupt everything with high ping.
    That's another reason why feral -might- be a decent choice seeing as how the interrupt has a 10-13 yard range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    That's another reason why feral -might- be a decent choice seeing as how the interrupt has a 10-13 yard range.

I haven't played feral since cata and I remember I still did ok with high ping but iirc the interrupt itself is still sorta like melee range and the added bonus of moving in to your target with skull bash.

But it's probably a lag thing why it won't interrupt right away.

Unholy DK is good, snares, stuns, death grip, pet plus dots all make it easier to keep up damage on a moving target. I'm in Australia with between 200-300ms ping and dk was the least frustrating melee to play in arena for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    Unholy DK is good, snares, stuns, death grip, pet plus dots all make it easier to keep up damage on a moving target. I'm in Australia with between 200-300ms ping and dk was the least frustrating melee to play in arena for me.
    I think this is your answer, makes the most sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhance Shammies. Pop Ascendance and enjoy range everything but lava lash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Enhance Shammies. Pop Ascendance and enjoy range everything but lava lash.
    I guess enha shamans could work as well yeah. Frost Shock if you can't reach your target, Ele Blast from afar, ghost wolf with glyph to move at 100% movement speed etc and unless you're going for competitive play you could spec into the Frost Shock root as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't go into arena on 250 ping. unless you're like uber pro... just save yourself the hair pulling frustration my friend. or roll a healer.

dk, since the effect of mind freeze is delayed

I'm def going to say Unholy DK too. Mes was one on the best DK's in the world and he played from Australia, so must not be too bad then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    I'm def going to say Unholy DK too. Mes was one on the best DK's in the world and he played from Australia, so must not be too bad then.
    DK is a safe bet for high pingers. On top of a interrupt they have a ranged silence. Perfect for when you just cant get close enough. Deathgrip is also nice if they are too far and i think they can spam a snare or something like that.

On many occasions you will see your character sitting right on top of the enemy and still getting the out of range problem so you gotta also train yourself to walk right into them, not just next to the actual player.

I was going to say Rogue as they are energy limited rather than GCD limited, but then I saw you meant PVP.

In which case play ranged or just slash your wrists IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Death knight.

I would say you should choose a hunter though, even though they aren't really melee. in PvP people will be unable to hit you as long as you play with posthaste, and you'll basically be a god against every melee