Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Let's give hunters paladin treatment.

"Wyvern sting has been replaced with Beast is a Point of View that allows scare beast to be used on anything".

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    plenty of bad hunters used scare beast as well, they just tried to spam it on a feral and ofc it would always fail because they would just shift out
    ...Which could be exploited by another character, letting you set up a CC/stun chain to hammer a Druid when they are in a weaker form.

But I guess only "bad hunters" would use silly things like tactics.

where the hell did this "bloat" buzzword come from, QWER games? Good lord, why don't I hook up a fucking Wiimote and swing my arms around like a gorilla to play WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Finally! #removemorebuttons2014

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Let's give hunters paladin treatment.

"Wyvern sting has been replaced with Beast is a Point of View that allows scare beast to be used on anything".
    Or the Cleave treatment :

"Scare Beast is now a major glyph !".

No seriously, that would be awful; but since Distracting Shot made its retrun into the game, perhaps that Scare Beast shall aswell, who knows ...

It's just one of this spell you're really to have in some specific situations, and that's not even mentioning its "RP" value : hunters are good against beasts, so they should be able to track them, fear them, and tame them.

cause cat,travel form gives you so much passive defences >.>

and you would shift out of bear form when already being hit so fear would break anyway >.>

yeah didn't think that through very well did ya.

Deleted
    Good druids would just shift out & and casting it vs hunter pets wasn't worth it.
    Good druids still get caught unaware regularly, its situational, pretty sure fearing pets (which hunters do all the time actually) prevents the use of SAC, same with hibernate (also removed).

You can also co-ordinate hex/poly with hibernate/scare beast.

Removing it because a minority of hunters are actually good at the game and use it is as stupid as removing the Gladiator title because only a minority achieve it.

Its not bloat because it actually has a use and is used. Its casted CC and situational, so its good for the game.

Using it against resto druids/shaman in ghostwolf requires awareness and is rewarding when it lands.

Tell me this.

With readiness, pet swapping for SAC, deadzone and scare beast gone. What's left to determine a good hunter from a bad one?

To me button bloat is having Widow venom as a seperate spell, or serpant sting as a seperate spell
    I agree with widow venom, I don't think dots should be passively applied though. The fact warriors don't have Overpower or Rend anymore (in WoD), literally means they have about 2 buttons to press and everything else is just passively applied. Its incredibly tedious.

The bloat isn't real though, the game is 5 times more simple now than it ever was in Wrath (with the offensive/defensive dispel trash debuff tracking meta game) good players use all their abilities in the best situations bad players don't. If a class is reduced to 5 buttons with no global by global decisions, there's nothing really left to determine player quality.

They are removing decade old abilities that have added to the dynamic/depth of the game immeasurably, yet they leave all the mongo gamebreaking MoP abilities like Gateway in the game.
    Last edited by mmoc44ab44658a; 2014-06-14 at 02:41 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely been used, but it's super situational. You could scare beast and land a polymorph, that sort of thing. At Gladiator level, I maybe used it once every 20 games efficiently, probably got used more at lower levels against terrible druids. Much more useful in 5s or RBGs where most druids don't always notice it, though usually not worth the DR. I don't get why they're removing something, no matter how bad it is, it won't make the game any better, it's just removing depth, how's that helping a boring game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not only usefull for druids and hunter pets.
    Scare beast works on any beast, that includes shamans ghost wolf.

Once he is in ghost wolf trying to pillar.
    Scatter the shaman into scare beast, it works all the time.
    Really strong with priests/warriors/locks, to eat a tremmor or simply to get him away from the pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's fun for those who use it and in no way bloat since noone binds it.

Btw raiding is not really indicative of good use of class abilities, it cannot depend on them so they are rarely used. Scare beast was a fun second CC for TBC heroic 5mans for sure.
    YOU may not use it but I do. . . It is somewhat useful on H Paragons (well at least when we were learning it and people were dieing to feed damage) and I use it in PvP more than you think. It was a keybound spell for sure in PvP because a lot of feral druids (in random bgs) really didn't get out of form like in the old days.

However, I'm not really sad about losing it. Trap can be just as effective nowadays. If you cant aim a trap. . . it sucks to be you.
    Rankings are hard to do when people don't do their jobs right. :S

i use scare beat every time i'm in a bg

would swap it for eyes of the beast back
    somebody call for d doctor?

It feels like Eyes of the beast all over again. Why are they getting rid of these non-rotational spells?

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

Hibernate is gone aswell. They are probably removing CC that only works against specific classes so they easier can balance all the remaining CC. Banish elemental is also removed so no more banishing warlock / mage pets either (for shamans / warlocks). It is not only us that are affected and to be fair if this makes it easier for blizzard to balance then all is good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always loved using this on feral druids and see them shift OUT of cat form in the middle of the fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who don't know how to play the class and want the game to be Diablo like it gone. Bad change and this is the only thing I was afraid of. That they would dumb the classes down to the point of ruining the game for anyone but super casuals. I've been closing my eyes and letting the changes flow until I see the finished product but I really hope they don't lower the skill cap so much that the game becomes completely boring and flavorless.

I'm all for ability pruning but stop taking away so many iconic abilities we've had since vanilla. On top of the never-ending engineering nerfs, I'm getting very nervous. I've been praising WoD since it was announced and have been saying the xpac could be one of the best to date, if not the best...but only if they nail the content and the class changes...so far the class changes are not being nailed. I guess time will tell.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I've raided for the majority of my WoW "Career", and in that time done a fair bit of PvP too. I've never seen Scare Beast used in a manner that suggests it's worth keeping. It's just button bloat.
    Fearing a hunter pet during BW to peel, to stop it from rosing when bursting, forcing a feral to shift out of cat during berserk or to trap him to swap to in caster form, catching ghost wolf resto shamans/travel form resto druids off-guard, this ability is far from one that isn't worth keeping. It is clutch in arena when you pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    Removing it because a minority of hunters are actually good at the game and use it is as stupid as removing the Gladiator title because only a minority achieve it. With readiness, pet swapping for SAC, deadzone and scare beast gone. What's left to determine a good hunter from a bad one?
    This. Deadzone worst removal in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I've raided for the majority of my WoW "Career", and in that time done a fair bit of PvP too. I've never seen Scare Beast used in a manner that suggests it's worth keeping. It's just button bloat.
    Using it to fear ferals, ghost wolf shamans, hunter pets, should not be seen as button bloat, skill had a purpose, effective when used, profit? Will I miss it sure, for a PvP purpose, but blizz skinning cc's so not surprised.

Also, I love the " a good feral is NEVER going to get feared" comments, i mean really lol. Its like saying a good hunter is NEVER going to land is fear...wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    People who don't know how to play the class and want the game to be Diablo like it gone. Bad change and this is the only thing I was afraid of. That they would dumb the classes down to the point of ruining the game for anyone but super casuals. I've been closing my eyes and letting the changes flow until I see the finished product but I really hope they don't lower the skill cap so much that the game becomes completely boring and flavorless.

I'm all for ability pruning but stop taking away so many iconic abilities we've had since vanilla. On top of the never-ending engineering nerfs, I'm getting very nervous. I've been praising WoD since it was announced and have been saying the xpac could be one of the best to date, if not the best...but only if they nail the content and the class changes...so far the class changes are not being nailed. I guess time will tell.
    I feel the same, big change is big. From what I've seen, it's looking a lot like wrath pvp again. Which I'm all for. I'm just worried they're trying to change too much too soon. It's going to feel quite different. No doubt some will approve some will not.