Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    So as a public defender she, um, did her job?
    so slut shamming a 12 year old is doing her job? attorney like her is what keeps women from reporting and testifying in rape cases

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so slut shaming a 12 year old to get a pedophilia back on the street is doing her job
    Haha I wanted to let few more pages go by of liberals defending Hillary before dropping that fact but damn you just went and ruined my fun!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-06-17 at 11:17 PM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    Defending her client is.
    "I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and to engage in fantasizing," wrote Rodham, without referring to the source of that allegation."

This isn't actually defending your client. How can the courts even let that go as far as that?

10+ Year Old Account
    so slut shamming a 12 year old is doing her job? attorney like her is what keeps women from reporting and testifying in rape cases
    Yeah, its a shitty part of the job but it IS part of the job to question a victim harshly. My mother had to go through such a thing herself when 3 of her friends died and she was the only one who lived because she got out of the car 5 min beforehand.

Defending her client is.
    you can defend your client like she did with discrediting the evidence, but come on slut shamming a 12 year old? it is despicable tactics like that that keeps women from reporting and testifying in many rape cases

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Yeah, its a shitty part of the job but it IS part of the job to question a victim harshly. My mother had to go through such a thing herself when 3 of her friends died and she was the only one who lived because she got out of the car 5 min beforehand.
    edit: Scratch that, I'd have a problem with it with anyone if they're trying to paint the victim as being emotionally unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhil View Post
    ""I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and to engage in fantasizing," wrote Rodham, without referring to the source of that allegation."

This isn't actually defending your client. How can the courts even let that go as far as that?
    Maybe we need to dig deeper and find out who the guy on trial actually was.

Maybe there are some /cough connections here.
    MAGA

And F. Lee Bailey, Robert Shapiro, Alan Dershowitz, Robert Kardashian, Gerald Uelmen Carl E. Douglas and Johnnie Cochran all defended a murderer. Whats your point?
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a 12 year old. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was someone that was over 20 but doing that to a 12 year old? Fuck that. It's a kid.
    Unfortunately, the age doesnt matter. If the attorney isnt doing everything in her power, which includes discrediting witnesses and victims, then she should be fired. Although it should be based on at least a smidgen of evidence and not pulled out of her ass.

For any Europeans paying attention it is a myth that people get a fair defense in the United States thanks to the Republican party these days. You see if you are a qualified defense attorney with any ambition in life you no longer take any cases of anything other then misdemeanors. So the people that actually need a CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT TO A FAIR DEFENSE get fucked.

THANKS Republicans for yet again SHITTING on the constitution.

Don't derail the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    "I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and to engage in fantasizing," wrote Rodham, without referring to the source of that allegation."

Sooo... Lets say the client was emotionally unstable, did seek out older men, and had a history of fantasizing? Should a defense attorney not bring that up because shes a child, who might have been raped? I guess you can never just come out and say that the accuser is lying, because its a rape case.

A lawyer probably lied about something eh? I think they teach them to do that.

Lawyers and lobbyists, scum of the earth and all our government is made up of.

Deleted
    Unfortunately, the age doesnt matter. If the attorney isnt doing everything in her power, which includes discrediting witnesses and victims, then she should be fired. Although it should be based on at least a smidgen of evidence and not pulled out of her ass.
    That's not discrediting. That's attacking someone, way over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Binary Speaker View Post
    And F. Lee Bailey, Robert Shapiro, Alan Dershowitz, Robert Kardashian, Gerald Uelmen Carl E. Douglas and Johnnie Cochran all defended a murderer. Whats your point?
    They're not gearing up for a Presidential run.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    you can defend your client like she did with discrediting the evidence, but come on slut shamming a 12 year old? it is despicable tactics like that that keeps women from reporting and testifying in many rape cases
    Calling someone a liar isn't "slut shaming". It's saying "Hey! I don't believe you when you said you were raped! You're lying, and my client shouldn't go to jail for your lies!"

Every trial has a lawyer defending someone who is guilty.

Get over it, it's what they do.

They're modern mercenaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not discrediting. That's attacking someone.
    Its discrediting. If theres a piece of evidence that a defense attourny can use to twist into something like that, she can. If she doesnt try her best to defend her client, the conviction can be overturned on appeal due to ineffective counsel. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean shit.

Deleted
    Calling someone a liar isn't "slut shaming". It's saying "Hey! I don't believe you when you said you were raped! You're lying, and my client shouldn't go to jail for your lies!"
    That's not what she did though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ed-recordings/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ld-rapist.html

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/16/ta...-rapist-video/

http://www.news.com.au/world/hillary...-1226956750920

I guess in the 70's Hillary accepted a case to defend a man who got a 12 year old girl drunk and then raped her. She got his sentence severely reduced by arguing a technicality. It sounds from the tapes that she suggests she knew he was guilty and played the system in his favor anyway. I wonder how the Children's Defense Fund will react to this as they just honored her the other month.

When you post remember two things:

1) Sadly, even scumbag kiddy rapists are entitled to a defense.
    2) If this was a right wing politician gearing up for a run the phrase "war on women" would be attached to every article/discussion on this story.

ps. Keep it productive as the wolves are on a "no bad press for Hillary" day today so don't give them any reason to lock it up, as if they need one anyway haha.
    So she was appointed to represent this guy and actually did her job? What a shock.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Its discrediting. If theres a piece of evidence that a defense attourny can use to twist into something like that, she can. If she doesnt try her best to defend her client, the conviction can be overturned on appeal due to ineffective counsel. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean shit.
    Rofl, holy shit. If I had lived in America I'd literally have to lock myself up to avoid shitting on those who defend people in that manner, it's pure malice to suggest the things she did without presenting evidence for it.