Thread: Capping my FPS

Deleted

Capping my FPS

Hi, i was wondering if somebody could tell me if i should be capping my FPS when i'm playing wow? Currently when i play i get between 60 and 190 depending on environment and how much im turning my screen and stuff, i was wondering if i should just cap it at 60, or maybe cap it at 120?

Is there a way to stabilize this without causing input lag?

I use the Eizo Forus 240 Hz monitor (120 hz with light boost to double up), if you need any other hardware info just ask :3

thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I cap it at 60. One, it keeps heat down in the video card, and two, I've never noticed a benefit past 60fps.

But I also don't have a monitor that is a 120 or 240hz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just cap it at 120. There's a notable difference between 60 FPS and 120 FPS IMO so I would just cap it at 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I'd just cap it at 120. There's a notable difference between 60 FPS and 120 FPS IMO so I would just cap it at 120.
    only if you have a 120hz monitor

if you have a 60hz monitor, it cannot show more than 60 frames at a time (else you get screen tearing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    only if you have a 120hz monitor

if you have a 60hz monitor, it cannot show more than 60 frames at a time (else you get screen tearing)
    Which the OP seems to have.

I'd cap it at 120hz as some have already suggested. Assuming your gfx card doens't turn in to a bbq that is.