10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Exactly, everyone on a flight path is out of the game - the same goes for everyone on a flying mount. Flight paths limits this time.
    Completely wrong, on taxi I have zero interaction with the world. On flying mount I have interaction whenever and where ever I want.

Are you just trolling me?

The convenience of flight actually allows you to avoid game play. That is the point Blizzard are making.
    What part of GAMEPLAY being subjective did you not underfuckingstand? Your gameplay, is different from my gameplay, which is different from Blizzard's gameplay. Gameplay is the

the quality of the experience had by gamer while playing a particular game and is based on player experiences during the interaction with game
    Gameplay may CHANGE during online play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Completely wrong, on taxi I have zero interaction with the world. On flying mount I have interaction whenever and where ever I want.
    I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Are you suggesting that game play should be inconvenient?
    I think he is.

He's probably one of those advocates of blizzard new motto: "Fun is out there. We just don't want to getting to it in a timely manner so jump through these worthless hoops first."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    If your feelings against flight were so strong, what kept you engaged in WoW for the duration of it's life?

Also, I kinda think you have the mindset that an MMO is an ant colony, with all the workers doing one thing to progress the colony, and all should be content with the status quo.

When really an MMO is like a children's playground, with some kids preferring the swings, some on the monkey bars, some in the sand pit, and some kids doing everything.
    I'm actually not that bothered, I've never liked the way it was restricted with silly reasons like cold weather flying. It has always struck me that Blizzard have a game play problem with it that they are incapable of solving. I've also felt the game lost something when they added it. With this in mind the idea of Blizzard making a purely game play decision I think is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    I use my flying mount to get me to:

- Pet Battles
    - Farming Ore
    - Farming Herbs
    - Dailies
    - Cooking at Halfhill
    - farming at Halfhill

- getting to old raids
    - getting to old dungeons

- tracking rare pets
    - finding rare battle pets

- going to specific fishing spots
    - giving friends a lift over the wall in Pandaria
    - carrying noobs out to DeadMines
    - chasing down flagged Alliance for PvP
    - getting across the zone with a quickness to help a lowbie
    - flying guildmates to a dungeon to run them through
    - meeting guildmates at the raid entrances
    - flying out to the PvP vendor on the wall for new gear
    - getting from A to B at 310% instead of 100% to get it DONE
    - going back for Loremaster achievement quests
    - showing off new flying mounts from old content
    - showing off new flying mounts from new content
    - Role Playing my Orc Warrior on my Iron Skyreaver

etc, etc, etc...

Like I said, I have an entirely different way of flying than the "afk, out of the world" bullshit that most of you anti-fliers keep spewing.
    I bolded the ones that won't be effected in the slightest by flying being limited. The rest are borderline retarded..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I think he is.

He's probably one of those advocates of blizzard new motto: "Fun is out there. We just don't want to getting to it in a timely manner so just through these worthless hoops first."
    Yes, of course the game should have a level of inconvenience. Should they include an "I win" button.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    What part of GAMEPLAY being subjective did you not underfuckingstand? Your gameplay, is different from my gameplay, which is different from Blizzard's gameplay. Gameplay is the

Gameplay may CHANGE during online play.
    Flight allows you to actively avoid gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I bolded the ones that won't be effected in the slightest by flying being limited. The rest are borderline retarded..
    That's not all that is retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post

You have said yourself, you are effectively inactive whilst in flight. Flight paths limited the time this happens.

Yes, of course the game should have a level of inconvenience. Should they include an "I win" button.

- - - Updated - - -

Flight allows you to actively avoid gameplay.
    How, in any way shape or form, is flight an "I win " button. I can not kill, loot, farm or engage anything while flying.

Flight allows you to actively avoid irrelevant gameplay.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    I never said an I win button is the same as flight.

It also allows you to avoid relevant content. What can Blizzard do?

It also allows you to avoid relevant content. What can Blizzard do?
    Sorry about the reference I thought you made about flight being an "I Win" button, I just got thrown off by the reference you made regarding flight as an "I win" button. I will be more careful in future.

If it was relevant content, I wouldn't be avoiding it.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-06-18 at 09:14 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    You have said yourself, you are effectively inactive whilst in flight. Flight paths limited the time this happens.
    I said, as you know, when I'm on a flight TAXI I am inactive. When I'm on my personal flying mount I am very active, swooping down on any content that I'm interested it. You are an idiot or a troll. Ignored!

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone is arguing for that so you can drop the hyperbole.

Travel should be the most convenient thing in a game. Getting from A to B should not be a hassle unless there is a reason for it (B is located inside enemy territory or in a great untamed wilderness). I don't see a reason for travel in general to be a inconvenient.

Winning and convenience are not the same thing. Arguably too, you can't "win" at an MMO anyway.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

What Blizzard is trying to do is increase players interaction with the world.
    No they are trying to control how. This change without compensation else where will discourage people from being in the world. Compelling content in the world that makes people want to do it is not hurt by flight.

That lends it self to immersion.
    How? I wasn't being drawn out of the game by flight. Neither were you. You just dislike it. Disliking something isn't immersion breaking. It has to be something that doesn't make sense within the context of the world it happened in. Things like respawning. That is an immersion breaking mechanic.

Could flying be more dangerous? That may be a suitable alternative, but its a problem that Blizzard has fundamentally failed to solve.
    They actually have actively worked to make it safer, rather than less. Hell they really haven't even spent much time discussing the problems of flight. Other features have caused far more issues than flight.

Exactly, everyone on a flight path is out of the game
    False. You have limitted interaction possibilities with someone on a FP. Not sure if you can target ppl, pretty sure you cannot attack them.
    - the same goes for everyone on a flying mount. Flight paths limits this time.
    Still false. Everything you can do to someone on a ground mount can be done to someone on a flying mount. You may not be able to interact with them as effectively as you would personal like. Like its unlikely they'll sit in range long enough for me to kill them...specially since I can no longer dismount them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you made a hyperbolic comparison in order to paint flying as something outrageous and unreasonable.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    You people just want convenience over game play. You have all failed to come up with a single point to disprove this. Blizzard cannot design engaging content if players can simply fly over it. Flying of all types effectively removes the player for the world and this should be restricted. Flying had added no game play benefits other than convenience allowing players to drop in and out of the world completely at their control. Personally, I think you are being a bit pathetic.

You people just want convenience over game play. You have all failed to come up with a single point to disprove this...Personally, I think you are being a bit pathetic.
    Yes you are pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No, you made a hyperbolic comparison in order to paint flying as something outrageous and unreasonable.
    No, he was trying to make out that inconvenience in games is bad. I was merely taking the over convenient gameplay to its logical conclusion proving that a world without effort and inconvenience would be very boring.

I feel sad and slightly annoyed I've had to take the time to explain this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people just want convenience over game play. You have all failed to come up with a single point to disprove this.
    Since none of us have been arguing for that, you're the one who keeps bringing it up, we have no reason to disprove something we're not arguing.

Personally, I think you are being a bit pathetic.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he was trying to make out that inconvenience in games is bad. I was merely taking the over convenient gameplay to its logical conclusion proving that a world without effort and inconvenience would be very boring.

I feel sad and slightly annoyed I've had to take the time to explain this.
    Inconvenient things are inconvenient not because they require effort, but because they require effort beyond their rewards.

Just, be kind.