Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorwave View Post
    I will keep buying these mounts, cause it keeps elitist pricks like you bitching about how they should be in game for the 1%'ers to have and no one else
    You I like, decent looking mog as well and to hell with the cash shop haters
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Wow, I didnt know you worked at blizzard. Seeing how you clearly are in a manager position in the art department there, you would know when boomkin forms would come off the backburner then.
    Oh, but you do?

Clearly the boomkin model is down their priority list. They said as much when asked about it during the new model previews. They aren't going to magically readjust their priorities just because they didn't make one store mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    I have yet to see a mount on the store I like, especially compared to what's in game. I have no problem with the store, I just don't like anything they sell. =\
    Agree. I think the golden dragon looks "ok"...but good? None of them.
    Haven't bought any of them so far; not because I necessarily dislike the store, but because I dislike the particular mounts there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets keep this discussion productive, and lets try to not divulge into any poor whining about the game shop, please.

Keep it on topic, and nice.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Just because you can't afford to buy the mount doesn't mean you can trash people who buy it.
    You claim to be a mount collector but that's your argument?

It's not that we can't afford it or anything. I could buy all Blizzard store mounts I don't have right now (that's 6 or 7 of them) if I really wanted to.

The problems are:
    1) It destroys their rarity value. Everyone will have them and most of us like mounts for their rare value. They would feel more valuable if they were an ingame reward (no, I'm not asking for them to be a "1% only thing" or whatever bullcrap you'll spew).
    2) It further incentives Blizzard to create beautiful mounts that will become jokes since every kid with their mom's credit card will buy it.

The Sparkle Pony would be a LOT more special if it became a drop from Algalon like it was supposed to be. That's my issue with it. People claiming "it's because you can't afford it!" are being completely childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post

It's not that we can't afford it or anything. I could buy all Blizzard store mounts I don't have right now (that's 6 or 7 of them) if I really wanted to.

The problems are:
    1) It destroys their rarity value. Everyone will have them and most of us like mounts for their rare value. They would feel more valuable if they were an ingame reward (no, I'm not asking for them to be a "1% only thing" or whatever bullcrap you'll spew).
    2) It further incentives Blizzard to create beautiful mounts that will become jokes since every kid with their mom's credit card will buy it.

The Sparkle Pony would be a LOT more special if it became a drop from Algalon like it was supposed to be. That's my issue with it. People claiming "it's because you can't afford it!" are being completely childish.
    This is something I absolutely do NOT understand. Why is it the rarity that seems to be the appeal of mounts? Rarity is the least important thing for a mount, in my eyes at least. The only thing that matters - for me - is the LOOK of the mount, doesn't matter if every single person has this mount, as long as I like the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post

The problems are:

I see what you're saying and it's cool that you've got an opinion and stuff but I feel like the whole "stuff is only cool when few people have it and it's not cool when more people get it" is incredibly more childish than "you can't afford it". The fact that someone else having the same thing as you can devalue it is about as childish as it gets to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not all mounts are supposed to be rare, though. Look at normal faction mounts, there are what.. 6-8 of them for just being exalted with The Exodar? Some mounts are rare drops. Some mounts are from easy achievements, some mounts are from hard achievements. These still exist, so what's the big deal about the cash shop mounts? I only have 2 of them -- 1 was a gift. 1 was the sparkle pony because it was a neat concept at the time to buy that kind of mount.

Anyway, OP I think you look great. I'm not a huge fan of the mount because I don't think all classes would look good on it, outside of a Warrior, DK, and Warlock (IMO, of course ^__^)

I think we should be mad when they start selling actual loot on the shop. Not transmog, actual current end tier loot. That is where we should all draw the line.

Deleted
    Paying 30 bucks (equal to the entire game) for a vehicle, youll probably replace with the next best thing. Ridiculous. People should donate that money if they want to throw it away anyway. Another drop in the Freemium bucket.
    They make it so obvious, but i guess they can caus the fanbase is blind.
    Freemium within a year. Calling it now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    People should donate that money if they want to throw it away anyway
    No. Just no. People can and should do whatever they want with their money. It's their decision if they think that it's worth it.

What set is that? Especially the shoulders?

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    This is something I absolutely do NOT understand. Why is it the rarity that seems to be the appeal of mounts? Rarity is the least important thing for a mount, in my eyes at least. The only thing that matters - for me - is the LOOK of the mount, doesn't matter if every single person has this mount, as long as I like the look of it.
    Often times the rarity of a mount usually has a more unique look and style to it (for the most part anyways).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pity you cant have red cloak effects.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I have bought one mount from the store, and I bought that before mounts were account wide. I paid half price for it as well. I do own most if not all of the store pets though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Paying 30 bucks (equal to the entire game) for a vehicle, youll probably replace with the next best thing. Ridiculous. People should donate that money if they want to throw it away anyway. Another drop in the Freemium bucket.
    They make it so obvious, but i guess they can caus the fanbase is blind.
    Freemium within a year. Calling it now.
    They are donating it.... to Blizzard. Companies exist to make money and need to make money to exist. There is nothing wrong with supporting a company.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What set is that? Especially the shoulders?
    Set is from Heroic Firelands.

Doesn't matter how much I like or dislike a store mount; I refuse to pay more than 20k per store mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm so after all the bs posts about the cash shop, I actually like the xmog ._.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-06-15 at 03:09 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice transmog. :3

The way I see it the mounts in the cash shop are a more readily obtainable (and as a result, far cheaper) version of the the card game mounts. Or had everyone forgotten about them? I imagine pretty much the same amount of time and man power has gone into designing and implementing them as they did for the card games.

And since this whole argument over the mount store is just endlessly publicising them, more people know about them and so will buy them if they want to, so making Blizzard more money. Which they can then funnel into more things. Which, believe it or not, won't solely be store mounts and pets.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

well that Transmog really looks nice!

about the shop:
    i don't really like it because of the already loud and wide said reasons, it's a subscription base game and everything in game should be obtainable without money.
    But i can live with it and don't get pissed at people who buy something.. even if i don't agree.

BUT
    this time i actually hate blizzard for it, skipping every content patch for over 1 year but releasing a store mount is just spitting in the faces of people who don't approve of the shop.
    I know, nothing gets delayed because of it and one mount more or less is nothing to worry about, but i think everyone can understand that we get pissed if you pay good money for something and they say "sorry no resources" and then release a store mount. It's not changing anything it's just a punch in the stomach

Quote Originally Posted by ru aware brah View Post
    keep buying those mounts.. it only feeds blizzard to put all the decent ones in the store instead of ingame where they should be for the 15bucks a month youre paying
    What game are you playing? the best mounts aren't available in the store. Some people actually work and make money and they enjoy spending some on themselves, or a friend, or a significant other and perhaps they want to spend 20 bucks and buy them a mount or 10 bucks and get them a pet.

Don't hate on people for being able to support their own desires to collect items they enjoy.

I have every store pet and every store mount except the Nightmare...i do it to collect mounts and collect pets. Just because you can't afford it (or your opinion is that it isn't worth it) doesn't mean you are right either way. You're entitled to your opinion, just like they are entitled to spend money they earn how they want to.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2014-06-24 at 10:04 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."