Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    +1 so much. It was a bad decision then, and it still is now....I DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE PLAYING WOW DURING THE NIGHT FOR X REASON, It just can't be right thats enough to completely remove something that brings alot off immersion to a game. Bad game design 101.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Why can't they just add is as an in game option? A slider like many other graphical options?

That'd be enough to satisfy most people's appetite.

I'm not sure of the coding but it doesn't sound too difficult to achieve, and in zones like Duskwood or STV it'd be great again.

We used to have a slider for the weather effects, back when we had weather effects and not just the shitty thing we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Why can't they just add is as an in game option? A slider like many other graphical options?

That'd be enough to satisfy most people's appetite.

I'm not sure of the coding but it doesn't sound too difficult to achieve, and in zones like Duskwood or STV it'd be great again.
    This. Add a slider, its not that hard. This just proves blizz gives 0 fucks about what pretty much every player wants.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    This. Add a slider, its not that hard. This just proves blizz gives 0 fucks about what pretty much every player wants.
    Man this is right...Forgot that! You could adjust the intency off rain right?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I agree with a slider option. Or a toggle for it even, since we're already getting a toggle for the old/new character models.

i remember darker nights. i mean, it was never like it should be. but it was still better than it is now. i fully support darker nights.

If you go through the numerous continuations and reiterations of the thread, it is the vast majority of replies that support the idea (>90%). Blizz will listen eventually, we just need to get the thread posted over on the US forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Blizz will listen eventually
    No, they really don't. If you think Blizzard cares in the slightest about the opinions of players, you are so gullible I have some moon rock I want to sell you.

They will stick to whatever they've decided in their little meetings and player feedback has little to nothing to do with it. If their design decisions happen to coincide with something players have been asking for a decade, they will certainly make a big deal out of it but that's all.

They care as little about your opinions as politicians do.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    No, they really don't. If you think Blizzard cares in the slightest about the opinions of players, you are so gullible I have some moon rock I want to sell you.

They will stick to whatever they've decided in their little meetings and player feedback has little to nothing to do with it. If their design decisions happen to coincide with something players have been asking for a decade, they will certainly make a big deal out of it but that's all.

You're really deluding yourself if you think Blizzard can remain a successful company with the mindset that you described.

Why would a game care about the opinion of its players? Not like the players are providing financial support, and are the foundation of the company or anything silly like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You're really deluding yourself if you think Blizzard can remain a successful company with the mindset that you described.
    Mindless fanboys keep them afloat no matter what decisions they make - endlessly delaying content, store items, releasing horrible sequels and outright ignoring their customers (cough, dead servers, asking hundreds of dollars/euros for transfers etc.) has no impact on how well they've been doing.

They could package shit, stamp the Blizzard logo on it and it would sell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoroaria View Post
    It might be the same people over and over, but at least they're keeping the idea in the public eye and not letting it fade away.
    Oh, I see

Besides, we already know a ton of players like the idea.
    We don't. Your wish is not a belief of masses.

That's been demonstrated over and over.
    Where and how?

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Oh, I see

We don't. Your wish is not a belief of masses.

Where and how?
    Read all the threads and find more than maybe 30-40 replies that hate the idea compared to the several hundred of replies that support the idea. (Mostly from different accounts/people, new people join the thread every day. All threads are linked in the first post.)

I will continue my attempt to get Blizzard to reverse the "art decision" that removed what I feel to be a vital component for immersion. No negativity will stop me from bringing back the night.
    Last edited by razski; 2014-06-19 at 12:28 PM.

I hate not having night time. Depressing really.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added proper nighttime to their shop for 30$. After all it's just a cosmetic change.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You're blinded by nerdrage. Of course blizz cares about player feedback but caring doesn't mean they are going to do exactly what the community cries out for. They carefully consider the cost versus benefit of implementing any feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxarth View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added proper nighttime to their shop for 30$. After all it's just a cosmetic change.
    Quote for truth, lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Mindless fanboys keep them afloat no matter what decisions they make - endlessly delaying content, store items, releasing horrible sequels and outright ignoring their customers (cough, dead servers, asking hundreds of dollars/euros for transfers etc.) has no impact on how well they've been doing.

They could package shit, stamp the Blizzard logo on it and it would sell.
    You just love drama... last time I checked a server transfer is only $25, not hundreds. No one is forcing you to move all 10 of your characters (just like no one forced you to level 10 characters on the same 'dead' server). The cost is there for a reason, if transfers were free people would be switching servers weekly.

If you have a problem with Blizzard's business model the solution is simple, unsub. You're not being forced to play the game, if you enjoy it just submit some feedback and spend your time caring about something that actually matters; there's plenty of important RL issues to be concerned about.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2014-06-19 at 02:11 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Gotta admire their tenacity i suppose, though it is ultimately a waste of time because blizzard is probably not gonna bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Gotta admire their tenacity i suppose, though it is ultimately a waste of time because blizzard is probably not gonna bring it back.
    The more people who voice their opinion on the matter and use the in game customer feedback tool, the more likely it is that they will turn down the night light. Tell your friends about the threads/feedback tool and get the word out is all we can do, really. In the end, it's up to blizzard to listen (or not).

I noticed this happened in Cataclysm when they redesigned all the old zones and maybe it effected the expansion zones too. Don't know exactly why or how it got removed but it needs to come back for obvious reasons. Night time is the best time of the 24 hour cycle imo but if we're stuck at day time all day it's ridiculous and worse then being stuck at night 24/7.