Heroic Garrosh 10: soloing engineers

Had my first few attempts on heroic Garrosh. Attempted to solo the engineer our first few attempts, failed hard on the first, got it on the second (only about 0.5 secs to spare) and failed (250k-ish) the third. Then started getting some help.

I'm guessing the engineer can be soloed in 10man but are there any tips on what to do to get it done reliably? I'm at 574, usually play BM but tried survival for this because I wasn't confident my pet would blink up to the engineer. Even with help some attempts were a bit iffy. I felt like I was at the mercry of RNG a lot more than I'd like when doing something that if I failed would wipe the raid. When I got it down alone the stars seemed to align and I got a couple of LnL procs but I can't really rely on procs so I'd appreciated any tips/tricks that people may have found to get it done reliably.
    Thanks

Do you not have a lock in raid? I wouldn't say it's exactly reliable as to do as a hunter at that ilvl
    Retired hunter

We have a lock or rogue do it depending on who is in the raid at the time. I dont know why I constantly see RL thinking that hunters are the best for this job.

I imagine you could probably get away with a hunter + healer off dps reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    Do you not have a lock in raid? I wouldn't say it's exactly reliable as to do as a hunter at that ilvl
    Yup we've got a 578 lock, 584 rogue, 576 mage and 583 ele that can all potentially do it as well as myself. Personally I feel like out of what we have available I'd probably be toward the bottom of the list to go on engineers. In best to worst order I'd almost be thinking lock, rogue, mage, hunter, ele, but not sure how that'd go over with the raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    Had my first few attempts on heroic Garrosh. Attempted to solo the engineer our first few attempts, failed hard on the first, got it on the second (only about 0.5 secs to spare) and failed (250k-ish) the third. Then started getting some help.

I'm guessing the engineer can be soloed in 10man but are there any tips on what to do to get it done reliably? I'm at 574, usually play BM but tried survival for this because I wasn't confident my pet would blink up to the engineer. Even with help some attempts were a bit iffy. I felt like I was at the mercry of RNG a lot more than I'd like when doing something that if I failed would wipe the raid. When I got it down alone the stars seemed to align and I got a couple of LnL procs but I can't really rely on procs so I'd appreciated any tips/tricks that people may have found to get it done reliably.
    Thanks
    If they insist on you doing it get a healer to go along with you to help kill it at lower ilevels

Yup we've got a 578 lock, 584 rogue, 576 mage and 583 ele that can all potentially do it as well as myself. Personally I feel like out of what we have available I'd probably be toward the bottom of the list to go on engineers. In best to worst order I'd almost be thinking lock, rogue, mage, hunter, ele, but not sure how that'd go over with the raid group.
    As a lock its such a joke, glyph havoc on boss, portal over, cast 2 cbs and run back, you barely even lose dps
    Retired hunter

Hunters are basically the worst ranged class for this because 15 / 50% of our damage is in a pet that can't get up there unless perfectly timed right with no sort of icd tracking. Not saying you can't do it, but you should consider something else.

Deleted

Thanks
    My guess is you should probably be looking to force L&L off the adds with a trap just before you run. Either that or ask your raid leader to chill out on the large amount of crack he has been taking, and get a Warlock to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    ask your raid leader to chill out on the large amount of crack he has been taking, and get a Warlock to do it.
    Who's going to pad the ever-living-fuck out of the adds if the Warlocks are killing engineers :\\\

Get lock to do it imo. You'd gain more leaving the 584 rogue on the boss imo.

Pretty much what everyone else said.

As Rogue you can easily do as Combat or Subtlety. Combat, just 2-3 x SS then KS and maybe Evis if needed. Subtlety just Garrote, SND and then BS x 3 and 1x Evis should do (You don't even have to Dance). Assassin you can solo first with SB but it is close. Second I am not sure.

Locks are also great, but at low gear levels you need to practice.

In our 10 man kills (before we changed to 25) we did me (Rogue) on first, and Lock on Second.

You are correct in thinking Warlocks and Rogues are much better than Hunters because it's true. Also, if you have the DPS to make the pushes easily with one less person you can even have the Rogue just sit at the engineer and use cloak of shadow on Ironstar impact. It really depends on your raid comp and how much each person is able to do.

Good Luck convincing your Raid Leader! Tell him to do some thorough research before each boss! It is after all his job. . .
    Rankings are hard to do when people don't do their jobs right. :S

I convinced my raid a while ago that Hunters should never try to do engineers on Heroic unless i guess they are with another class and you're really lacking in the Warlock/Rogue Department. Even trying to force a RF/LnL/Fervor I think it has what 3million HP on heroic? GL with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Who's going to pad the ever-living-fuck out of the adds if the Warlocks are killing engineers :\\\

Get lock to do it imo. You'd gain more leaving the 584 rogue on the boss imo.
    Elementalalalalalal shamans ^__^

Our rogue soloes the first one in 25 in similar levels as your rogue. Granted, he stays up there and had all his Yonkers up for it, but still. We don't get a 2nd, so it makes sense, I think.

Deleted
    If your RL insists on you doing it even though the lock would be far better for it, doing what Nnug said then well. Use ExtraCD. Track the ICD on Lock n load. If it's off cooldown, throw an ice trap on the adds before you leave to guarentee yourself a LNL proc for the engineer, as well as building up to high focus beforehand, and of course make sure you are there so as to be attacking it the second he is in range. If you still can't do it consistently like this, get them to send a healer (disc/MW monk if you have) to help you.

But really, get that damn lock to do it, or if not, the rogue.

Problem solved guys, rogue's on it Definitely makes more sense and I think I'll push more single target out of BM now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem solved guys, rogue's on it Definitely makes more sense and I think I'll push more single target out of BM now too.
    Grats on talking some sense into your RL
    GL on the future attempts ( Hopefully a kill !!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    Grats on talking some sense into your RL
    GL on the future attempts ( Hopefully a kill !!!! )
    Thanks. Working on getting through the 1st transition cleanly at the moment. Its a challenge.

One consideration you'll have to make is P4, rogues are pretty good at kiting the iron stars as well, and having him on the engineers in P1 means he's speccing into shadowstep and not burst of speed which I imagine is a requirement for the P4 Iron Stars. Monks are pretty good at it, we currently have a mage. But really if you have a priest dropping feathers almost any class can do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    One consideration you'll have to make is P4, rogues are pretty good at kiting the iron stars as well, and having him on the engineers in P1 means he's speccing into shadowstep and not burst of speed which I imagine is a requirement for the P4 Iron Stars. Monks are pretty good at it, we currently have a mage. But really if you have a priest dropping feathers almost any class can do it.
    I did it (as a hunter), just spam Disengage and you'll do fine.