Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Lack of Priest transparency? Zero feedback on Disc from twitter

Unlike most other classes, Blizzard has been completely silent about Priests. They have a multitude of issues players want clarification on, the largest being the fact that Disc as a spec doesn't exist at the moment.

Instead of this, we get: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...34105647955968

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Power Word: Shield castable in shadowform yes/no?
    Yes
    Who cares about the glaring issues with the class in Alpha, god damn we need to know if Power Word Shield is castable in Shadowform.

And we get the same bullshit every time.

Deleted
    Not really happy with the quality of communication regarding healers and especially Discipline. The majority of discussion time seems to be focused on DPS which is understandable given that that is the most common role amongst players and classes yet it is arguably the role that will be changing the least. Some more healer-centric discussion would be lovely but I doubt we will get it, especially with the plan for healing still in flux.

I don't Twitter much but it is striking how even a casual glance shows lots of Discipline concerns with no replies.

Just a simple, "We realize there's an issue and are taking steps to fix it." would be satisfactory at this point.

It took months of constantly bringing up the issue with T90 talents/absorbs on twitter before the devs even acknowledged that there might be an issue, so yea.

Deleted
    I think I personally have asked more than 8 glaringly obvious questions surrounding the issues with discipline in the current build and not received so much as a peep back. It feels a bit awkward asking contstructive, and well-informed questions to have them completely ignored in favour of answering "So will base mana regen be buffed?" for the millionth time.

LET US FORMULATE THE PERFECT QUESTION AND ALL TWEET IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN 8D
    (halfjoking)

Yeah, I get the same feeling. I see post after post highlighting all the other classes and roles, but very little about Priests in general - and when there is, it's about Shadow or Holy. Very silent about Disc. Not sure if that's just a confirmation bias on my part (perhaps it is happening to other specs and roles as well and I just don't notice) but I can't help but feel as though they are intentionally remaining mum on Disc due at least in part to how strong it's been, and how much QQ there has been.

Of course, it could also be that perhaps they just know that there are things wrong atm, both in Disc as well as the current alpha healing model, and want to implement some of the changes before they expend too much energy on answering a ton of questions which will be rendered moot in a few weeks anyway. That's my non-tinfoil-hat answer.

Either way, I did feel a bit insulted by today's choice tweet - really? There's literally 1,000 questions you had to choose from, and you chose one about PW:S in shadowform? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
    Yeah, I get the same feeling. I see post after post highlighting all the other classes and roles, but very little about Priests in general - and when there is, it's about Shadow or Holy. Very silent about Disc. Not sure if that's just a confirmation bias on my part (perhaps it is happening to other specs and roles as well and I just don't notice) but I can't help but feel as though they are intentionally remaining mum on Disc due at least in part to how strong it's been, and how much QQ there has been.

Of course, it could also be that perhaps they just know that there are things wrong atm, both in Disc as well as the current alpha healing model, and want to implement some of the changes before they expend too much energy on answering a ton of questions which will be rendered moot in a few weeks anyway. That's my non-tinfoil-hat answer.

Either way, I did feel a bit insulted by today's choice tweet - really? There's literally 1,000 questions you had to choose from, and you chose one about PW:S in shadowform? Ugh.
    I'm thinking that healers situation is likely still in flux and they don't have a solid picture of how healing looks at endgame yet.

I'm basing that line of thinking on the recently committed and removed "Active Mana Regeneration" concept that made it onto and off of the alpha notes.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I'm thinking that healers situation is likely still in flux and they don't have a solid picture of how healing looks at endgame yet.

I'm basing that line of thinking on the recently committed and removed "Active Mana Regeneration" concept that made it onto and off of the alpha notes.
    It's this. It's impossible to coherently comment on the healing paradigm when Blizzard clearly has no idea what it's going to be, which is not a problem unique to Discipline. They're talking about proposed Holy changes because Holy is colossally underrepresented, and even then they haven't discussed anything in concrete terms, only made vague allusions to QoL increases and giving Holy a strong PW:S.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    It's this. It's impossible to coherently comment on the healing paradigm when Blizzard clearly has no idea what it's going to be, which is not a problem unique to Discipline. They're talking about proposed Holy changes because Holy is colossally underrepresented, and even then they haven't discussed anything in concrete terms, only made vague allusions to QoL increases and giving Holy a strong PW:S.
    It is a problem unique to Discipline? Have you seen the "pruning"? They took a chainsaw and cut down the tree. Discipline doesn't exist as a spec anymore, healer paradigm changes or not is irrelevant. Saying that they realize how unplayable and broken the spec is on Twitter, and that they're looking for a solution is all anyone wants and doesn't hold them to anything specific.

This is all we know about discipline for WoD:

Every single passive, besides Focused Will for some odd reason(?), was gutted or removed.
    The level 90 talents have been nerfed substantially.
    Atonement has been nerfed substantially.
    Several core and spec-defining abilities were removed for no apparent reason.

So... those are the changes. There's no additions. Removals and nerfs, and now we have a lifeless spec. It's pretty obvious they're not gonna leave it in shambles, but some acknowledgement would be fucking nice.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-06-25 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck, I'd just like to know whether going back to PW:Spam is going to be the intended playstyle or not. My wild guess: no, but that's what we'll end up doing, because nothing else will be remotely viable. It'll get nerfed to uselessness at some point, bandaids will come out that won't fix the spec, and we'll get rebuilt - again - for the Post-WoD expansion. Titans, but I wish Blizz could drop their obsession with reinventing several different wheels every two years.)
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2014-06-25 at 10:36 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I've seen someone say "I just want them to tweet and acknowledge the issues!" with every single possible issue of every change ever. Give feedback and stuff but expecting constant tweets telling you they're working on stuff and freaking out if it doesn't happen within a couple weeks is a bit much...

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I've seen someone say "I just want them to tweet and acknowledge the issues!" with every single possible issue of every change ever. Give feedback and stuff but expecting constant tweets telling you they're working on stuff and freaking out if it doesn't happen within a couple weeks is a bit much...
    This is a bit of a special case. It's not a "oh no my crit scaling is bad" or "this spell isn't useful" woe.

I can't stress it enough, Disc in its alpha form is not a functioning spec. That's the issue.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-06-26 at 12:03 AM.

Correct.

This is a bit of a special case.
    Nope, it's just selection bias. Druids are posting the same things for the same reasons, and there's really nothing to say except the very obvious "it's alpha, it's not supposed to be functioning yet, you're commenting on iterations that aren't finished or even intended for perusal."

I have myself commented on all the alpha changes and I personally think that the proposed Holy PW:S change is absolutely disastrous for Discipline in a way that none of the removals really are yet (since it's so obviously unfinished). That being said Discipline is completely playable, if boring and lifeless, in alpha according to the people who have actually played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    This is a bit of a special case. It's not a "oh no my crit scaling is bad" or "this spell isn't useful" woe.

I can't stress it enough, Disc in its alpha form is not a functioning spec. That's the issue.
    I believe you that the spec sucks in the alpha, I'm just not sure why you need to be told they're working on changes all the time. It's alpha, of course they're working on changes, they shouldn't have to tweet you to let you know after every update to the closed alpha build that they're testing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Correct.

Nope, it's just selection bias. Druids are posting the same things for the same reasons, and there's really nothing to say except the very obvious "it's alpha, it's not supposed to be functioning yet, you're commenting on iterations that aren't finished or even intended for perusal."

I have myself commented on all the alpha changes and I personally think that the proposed Holy PW:S change is absolutely disastrous for Discipline in a way that none of the removals really are yet (since it's so obviously unfinished). That being said Discipline is completely playable, if boring and lifeless, in alpha according to the people who have actually played it.
    Please tell me why Druids are as bad as Priests right now.

I believe you that the spec sucks in the alpha, I'm just not sure why you need to be told they're working on changes all the time. It's alpha, of course they're working on changes, they shouldn't have to tweet you to let you know after every update to the closed alpha build that they're testing things.
    They haven't tweeted anything. That's the issue presented in the OP. Compared to other classes, Priests get "Can PWS be used in Shadowform."

The problem is the, like said in the OP, lack of transparency. For all we know Blizzard doesn't think there is a problem, and that's why people are worried. Just look at Disc in early Cataclysm and MoP. Exact same story, Blizzard ignored feedback. Disc is useless at launch. Disc gets a bandaid hotfix later.

They're probably going to do something stupid like buff Power Word: Shield instead of fix the class if this goes to release.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-06-26 at 12:32 AM.

Priests are probably the most ignored class in the game, in terms of discussion. I'd put money that we're the least discussed by the developers on Twitter, the last Wow-Insider article about priests was from June of last year.. unless people are talking about nerfing us, they aren't talking about us.

They haven't tweeted anything. That's the issue presented in the OP. Compared to other classes, Priests get "Can PWS be used in Shadowform"
    And that isn't indicative of anything worth freaking out about.

And that isn't indicative of anything worth freaking out about.
    The problem is the, like said in the OP, lack of transparency. For all we know Blizzard doesn't think there is a problem, and that's why people are worried. Just look at Disc in early Cataclysm and MoP. Exact same story, Blizzard ignored feedback. Disc is useless at launch. Disc gets a bandaid hotfix later.

They're probably going to do something stupid like buff Power Word: Shield instead of fix the class if this goes to release.
    It's very indicative. The last two expansions are precedent, and WoD is the exact same scenario. It's arguably worse.

If they don't acknowledge an issue, but respond to feedback from other classes, how does that come across to players?

It's very indicative. The last two expansions are precedent, and WoD is the exact same scenario. It's arguably worse.

If they don't acknowledge an issue, but respond to feedback from other classes, how does that come across to players?
    Not tweeting you about the fact that they're doing stuff doesn't mean priests will suck again at the start of the expansion.

Not tweeting you about the fact that they're doing stuff doesn't mean priests will suck again at the start of the expansion.
    K. Thanks.

Saying "No no no" to every response without reasoning is idiotic and not worth even being called a discussion.