Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I might just say "fuck it" and have two prot specs so I don't have to worry about that. Or perhaps I'll get back into PvP and have a holy spec for that.
    Meh, at least i'll get a few weeks of fun while doing content undergeared, before it turns into "pay attention to mechanics if you want to" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Meh, at least i'll get a few weeks of fun while doing content undergeared, before it turns into "pay attention to mechanics if you want to" mode.
    If I had to play only one role when undergeared, I think I'd probably have the most fun healing. Undergeared healing gives you such an adrenaline rush when you are trying to balance keeping people alive and keeping your mana bar as full as you can). A tank, while his (or her) survival is critical, is only really responsible for their own survival. A healer is responsible for the entire raid, not just their own survival.

Don't get me wrong, tanking is immense fun, and I love my paladin tank. But if I were posed the choice between healer and tank, and I couldn't go back on that choice, it wouldn't be an easy decision.

So I've been keeping tabs on Paladin because my tank is going to be a Paladin or Monk in WoD (I currently have and play both), but the first page doesn't seem to have a summary of all of the (meaningful) changes for Protection Paladins specifically, so I'd like to put one together here.

Pruning

Avenging Wrath has been removed.

Hand of Salvation has been removed.

CC

Blinding Light has been removed.

Cooldowns

Devotion Aura is no longer available to Prot.

Avenging Wrath has been removed.

Prot Changes

Bastion of Glory doesn't affect EF HoT.

Stats

Dodge and Parry rating have been removed.

Crit also gives Parry.

Heals you receive have a chance to Multistrike based on your own Multistrike value.

Mastery gives Attack Power.

Bonus Armor gives armor and attack power.

Versatility gives damage, healing, and damage reduction.

Prot Paladins get 5% more Haste rating.

Is that it? Overall it seems like almost nothing Paladin-specific is really changing, just the big tank-wide things like Resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Is that it? Overall it seems like almost nothing Paladin-specific is really changing, just the big tank-wide things like Resolve.
    Paladins weren't really bloated to begin with, just IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    This. They have everything you would ever really need.

Although, I will note, I expected a couple of abilities from Monk tanks to be pruned.

You forgot Hand of Salvation, which was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Right, in general protadins are not very button heavy, so fact we are loosing abilities generally feels 'bad' to me. I have a guardian and a monk tank and I feel like im hitting more buttons throughout a fight as both.

It also seems weird things like hand of freedom are considered 'raid utility' to me. I can see hand of protection and sacrifice (although the interface more or less requires you use a healer ui addon to make good of that. I wonder how many other tanks are sporting a healer ui addon to make use of their 'raid utility'?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rewyn View Post
    Right, in general protadins are not very button heavy, so fact we are loosing abilities generally feels 'bad' to me. I have a guardian and a monk tank and I feel like im hitting more buttons throughout a fight as both.

It also seems weird things like hand of freedom are considered 'raid utility' to me. I can see hand of protection and sacrifice (although the interface more or less requires you use a healer ui addon to make good of that. I wonder how many other tanks are sporting a healer ui addon to make use of their 'raid utility'?)
    Such add-ons aren't just fir healers, I use clique on all my alts. Md for hunter, tricks for rogue, cr for lock,druid and dk. To not use such add-ons makes u lazy and inefficient imo.

Personally use VuhDo.
    I do find it funny, how now, prot paladins are going to be the more complex spec w/o some dps with 2-3 button rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    Such add-ons aren't just fir healers, I use clique on all my alts. Md for hunter, tricks for rogue, cr for lock,druid and dk. To not use such add-ons makes u lazy and inefficient imo.
    Basically that, raid frames are not a healer-only part of the UI and haven't been in years (if ever?)

New information from Celestalon: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...35005007417344

The heal bonus from Shining Protector is considered a heal from the Paladin and it is effected by Resolve. Almost sounds like it will double dip with resolve...

10+ Year Old Account
    Still makes it boring as shit

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Still makes it boring as shit
    But it's quite strong. We are going to have the most self healing options as a tank by far.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure if im the only one who noticed this but he mentioned hammer of wrath still being part of prot, and the reasoning was #1 a large damage boost ( not correct ) and #2 increased holy power generation.

Last time i checked, prot did not get holy power from hammer of wrath did it?
    Or am i mistaken.
    I sure as hell hope i am.

Maybe I missed something, but since we're losing AW, what is happening to SW for prot? I can't see anything different on the talent calc. Has it been talked about yet?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but since we're losing AW, what is happening to SW for prot? I can't see anything different on the talent calc. Has it been talked about yet?
    Nope,they haven't announced anything yet.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think in it's place prot should gain a smaller CD ability.

Between HA, guardian, and ardent defender, prot hardly needs another 3 min or so CD, i usually find that prot has an issue keeping up with very consistent amounts of damage instead of the quick bursty ones.

Maybe something that makes you block all attacks and spells for 10 seconds or something?> i dunno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callsignecho View Post
    But it's quite strong. We are going to have the most self healing options as a tank by far.
    But we do on live, EF ftw, also it is going to be nerfed in WoD, wich makes no sense to make Shining protector strong if blizz meant to tone down our self heals :S
    Last edited by Demsi; 2014-06-25 at 10:10 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    that was to make selfless healer and SS stronger, in the form of nerfing the other.

And we all see how that worked out when they nerfed SS too.

TLDR, replace the whole tier if you want any choice, cause one will ALWAYS be stronger for prot than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    But we do on live, EF ftw, also it is going to be nerfed in WoD, wich makes no sense to make Shining protector strong if blizz meant to tone down our self heals :S
    They do want to tone down tank self healing across the board, however, they also want Prot Pally to have decent self healing, most likely to the point that there is a noticeable difference from other tanks.