Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Agreed that it would be nice if it affected MS, but that would force a crit>ms combo... unless crit becomes an enhancement stat such as:

Crit MS gives double hp
    your crit % is added to your mastery bubble. such as, a 1000 mastery bubble with 25% crit = 1250 absorb.
    crits give more rage

And whatever with versatility. That's kinda what i thought amplfiication should've been... Would be a nice implementation, although i wouldn't want to see bears becoming bis stat + crit to emphasize our main strength, which is what i was worried about amplification.
    Love that crit into mastery bubble idea, brings crit up as a more defensive stat like the other tanks have.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Question, MS = ? Been paying too much attention to Warrior patch notes and thinking you're talking about Mortal Strike.
    MS=Multi-Strike

What it does for bears:

Ursa Major
    Requires Druid (Guardian)
    Requires level 90
    Requires Cat Form, Bear Form
    Your auto attack multistrikes, Mangle multistrikes, and Lacerate periodic multistrikes grant you Ursa Major.

Ursa Major increases your maximum health by 2% for 30 sec. When this effect is refreshed, the remaining portion is added to the new effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    AMR's default weights are totally wrong. If you set them to something resembling accurate then yeah, it works pretty good.
    Hello, new tanking bear here. Any way that you could post what weights I should enter into AMR to make it more accurate?

I had been basically following the "Rage Build" in AMR to gear out/reforge/gem my bear but I keep seeing conflicting reports on different websites like this one and Inconspicuous Bear. Like in the forums for IB under the Guardian Gear Guide, it says the Talisman of Bloodlust is BiS for Tier 16 (even for heroic) which confuses me because I never heard anyone talking about that trinket really.

Also, my guilds a laid back family type guild, we beat Garrosh roughly every week on 10m and that's it, they really don't have any ambitions for 25m or heroics so from what I gather I then should stick with the 4 piece bonus for 10m normal correct? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    MS=Multi-Strike

What it does for bears:

Ursa Major
    Requires Druid (Guardian)
    Requires level 90
    Requires Cat Form, Bear Form
    Your auto attack multistrikes, Mangle multistrikes, and Lacerate periodic multistrikes grant you Ursa Major.

Ursa Major increases your maximum health by 2% for 30 sec. When this effect is refreshed, the remaining portion is added to the new effect.
    For some reason I was thinking you meant an actual ability with MS, not multistrike. My mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
    Hello, new tanking bear here. Any way that you could post what weights I should enter into AMR to make it more accurate?

I had been basically following the "Rage Build" in AMR to gear out/reforge/gem my bear but I keep seeing conflicting reports on different websites like this one and Inconspicuous Bear. Like in the forums for IB under the Guardian Gear Guide, it says the Talisman of Bloodlust is BiS for Tier 16 (even for heroic) which confuses me because I never heard anyone talking about that trinket really.

Also, my guilds a laid back family type guild, we beat Garrosh roughly every week on 10m and that's it, they really don't have any ambitions for 25m or heroics so from what I gather I then should stick with the 4 piece bonus for 10m normal correct? Thanks!
    The reason HTF Talisman is rated so high is that with normal/heroic mix of SoO gear you easily have the Crit to get the soft crit cap (79%). Once you reach this point you have to decide on what you want your Guardian to do: maximize damage (Crit) or maximize Rage Per Second (Haste).

Bloodlust talisman is BIS because siege trinkets are pretty bad for bears.

The amount of haste it gives and the uptime makes it so you go balls-out autoattack and generate tons of rage and tooth&claw procs.

Bloodlust talisman is BIS because siege trinkets are pretty bad for bears.

The amount of haste it gives and the uptime makes it so you go balls-out autoattack and generate tons of rage and tooth&claw procs.
    And there's that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

The reason HTF Talisman is rated so high is that with normal/heroic mix of SoO gear you easily have the Crit to get the soft crit cap (79%). Once you reach this point you have to decide on what you want your Guardian to do: maximize damage (Crit) or maximize Rage Per Second (Haste).
    Ahh I see... hmm, would I still hit the soft crit cap if I just have access to Normal/Warforged gear? If not, then I assume other trinkets are more valuable since I won't be at the cap?

Ahh I see... hmm, would I still hit the soft crit cap if I just have access to Normal/Warforged gear? If not, then I assume other trinkets are more valuable since I won't be at the cap?
    You should be able to, HoTW talent will help you get there too.

Since i've been crit capped, i let AMR figure out the best setup to make sure that I'm hit/exp cap w/o wasting stats then i manually go back in and swap any gems with crit into haste till im at least 76% vs boss.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2014-06-26 at 03:57 AM.

A lot of this is subjective based on whether you are MT or OT, 10 or 25, and normal vs heroic. You can play with the weights to get the desired affect but you need to shoot for?
    Weights are subjective to what you want to accomplish and the content you are facing. Generally you go for Hit/Exp caps first, then 79% crit. Once you meet those conditions you can play around with adding more haste for RPS or more crit for DPS. Talisman is a good trink for RPS but its not the end of the world if you don't have it especially if you are only facing normal 10m Garrosh. Since all gear can be upgraded 16 ivls you shouldn't have any problem meeting the caps. Also given your raid environment, i would just keep stacking crit after 79% for increased tank dmg in the 10m

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Since i've been crit capped, i let AMR figure out the best setup to make sure that I'm hit/exp cap w/o wasting stats then i manually go back in and swap any gems with crit into haste till im at least 76% vs boss.
    I'm confused by your wording: did you mean to imply you swap gems while maintaining 76% crit or that you switch gems until you reach 76% haste vs a boss? If its the former then I'm guessing you are making up for the other 3% crit needed agaisnt a lvl 93 boss (79%) via food & Flask? If its the latter, why 76%? That's seems random for a haste value to aim for.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2014-06-26 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    I'm confused by your wording: did you mean to imply you swap gems while maintaining 76% crit or that you switch gems until you reach 76% haste vs a boss? If its the former then I'm guessing you are making up for the other 3% crit needed agaisnt a lvl 93 boss (79%) via food & Flask? If its the latter, why 76%? That's seems random for a haste value to aim for.
    76% vs boss is 79% crit on you character sheet, that is the point where your auto-attacks will either crit or glance VS a raid boss. Auto-Attack crits are the highest source of rage for bears, so any more crit past that point is not as valuable as Haste for survivability. Haste gives us more AA for more rage and more TnC procs, you can how ever keep doing crit if you want to put out more dps.

I load my toon into AMR let it run so its best math for hit/exp cap, which in turns puts me around 82% crit VS a raid boss, so at that point i go thru the gems and swap any with crit for the haste version instead till my crit drops down to 76%.

I find Catus to be better than AMR although AMR has a more straightforward UI. The great thing about Catus, though, is it will spit out several reforge/gemming options in a handy drop box with a full listing of stat changes. Several times it has got me either a perfect hit/exp cap or within +2.

CATUS - http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4574

hello can anyone post his weak auras for guardian druid im looking for something that can track my cds and any external i get so i can make my life easier

Quote Originally Posted by cowbear View Post
    hello can anyone post his weak auras for guardian druid im looking for something that can track my cds and any external i get so i can make my life easier
    http://www.theincbear.com/forums/vie...t=739&start=60

Just curious if anyone has the mat.. never bothered with sims or whatever. What is better for dps, heroic guardian tier chest, or heroic norushen's chest? Tier has a lot more crit, but more agi/overall stats might outdo it... or is the difference anywhere near big enough? I'm skipping on all tier bonuses for full hwf crit pieces btw.

Items:
    Tier: http://www.wowhead.com/item=99419
    Off-tier: http://www.wowhead.com/item=105452
    Last edited by Dreyen; 2014-07-09 at 12:18 AM.

Just curious if anyone has the mat.. never bothered with sims or whatever. What is better for dps, heroic guardian tier chest, or heroic norushen's chest? Tier has a lot more crit, but more agi/overall stats might outdo it... or is the difference anywhere near big enough? I'm skipping on all tier bonuses for full hwf crit pieces btw.

Items:
    Tier: http://www.wowhead.com/item=99419
    Off-tier: http://www.wowhead.com/item=105452

If DPS is your goal: the Tier chest wins IMO. Fully upgraded the "Off" chest only nets you +204 agi. Its takes approx 1200 agi to equal 1% crit so that is small potatoes. The Tier chest, however, offers +444 more crit which will give you +1% crit in bear form.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ** Edit, stole Treckie' TMW string.
    Last edited by Nekusar; 2014-07-21 at 02:54 AM.

Deleted
    I just recently gotten TTT warforged from a alt run a couple of days ago and was wondering if it's still good for bears atm.

I cannot post my armory atm, but will in a few posts. I'm current 81% crit capped atm.

EDIT: here is my armory

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Klutchez/advanced
    Last edited by mmocc10e405315; 2014-08-10 at 08:43 AM.

Survival wise, it's pretty crappy, as it's only benefit is slightly increased haste and mastery, but dps wise it's one of the two best DPS trinkets along with haromm's being the best, because of the increased crit damage. make sure to use it for every fight where survival isn't an issue for some extra dps!

Deleted
    Survival wise, it's pretty crappy, as it's only benefit is slightly increased haste and mastery, but dps wise it's one of the two best DPS trinkets along with haromm's being the best, because of the increased crit damage. make sure to use it for every fight where survival isn't an issue for some extra dps!
    So is it good to pair it up with my harom's trinket as well? I also have vial of living corruption trinket. (I have pretty much all trinkets lol)

Haromm + Thok is the best dps combo. Harrom's + Vial is probably the best survival combo (try using barkskin on cd unless you need it with vial), unless you really want to farm primordius' trinket which is a shitton of rage gen, but i doubt you really need it at your ilevel, and harrom's is a lot of dps, plus the proc puts you at 90%~ dodge with savage defense up..

How does the RF talisman compare to SoO trinkets for bears?