Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    I'm looking at her logs and for protectors she definitely isn't using chaos bolt correctly or she is capping on embers way too much, or she is wasting them somehow (embertap, FnB when it isn't needed) her incinerate is her top damage, and not the FnB version either. This means she isn't using Chaos bolt correctly or she is massively undergeared, well she is undergeared but not to this extent she needs to make sure she is using chaos bolt correctly. Only with procs or to prevent capping embers, with the 4 set this becomes even easier because instead of using one at 3 and 3/4th embers you can use one at 3 and get 15% extra damage with it along with your usual immolate. She didn't use Rain of fire enough unless the bosses weren't stacked then that is fine, she never used Fire and Brimstone which is odd because when Sun empowers the adds that come out usually stay up a while especially since that guild's dps is pretty bad and doesn't have an affliction lock.
    I think its less a matter of wrong usage of embers, more so not generating enough
    Immolate being up at below 70% of the time, while multiple targets being dotted seems more accidentally more than anything else, due to about only 20 sec in the total fight more than 1 target had her immolate up.
    Rain of Fire used only 5 times in a fight like protectors is just way too low.
    Havoc has a 25 sec, in a 8 min fight she could have used it alot more than the 5 times she did
    She didnt pop Dark Soul on Pull / didnt synchronize it with her immerseus-trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Norushen is a hard log to analyze unless they log personally, but still chaos bolt dmg WAY low on Norushen the best strat is to stay at 1-2 embers because of shadowburn opportunities. In a guild like this you should easily be able to snipe shadowburns at least occasionally despite the amount of locks, bind shadowburn to a button on your mouse to make it way easier to snipe them. She only shadowburned twice the entire fight which is a pretty low amount in a guild that probably wasn't exactly destroying their faces. But even without shadowburning again chaos bolt dmg extremely low in comparison to incinerate dmg. Rain of fire ticks are low still for most of Norushen in 25-man you can keep rain of fire up on 2+ targets for an increase, she should be slapping immolates on each one that comes out as well.
    + havoc not used at all

The thing your gf needs to work on:
    Immolate- / Rain of Fire Uptime
    Cooldown/Procc and Execute Usage (introduce her to weakauras to make it easier)

Are there any videos/specific guides I/she can reference to learn all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrogol View Post
    Check the stickies on the top of this forum ^^ there's a destruction guide there. And a guide for the other 2 speccs while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    I think its less a matter of wrong usage of embers, more so not generating enough
    Immolate being up at below 70% of the time, while multiple targets being dotted seems more accidentally more than anything else, due to about only 20 sec in the total fight more than 1 target had her immolate up.
    Rain of Fire used only 5 times in a fight like protectors is just way too low.
    Havoc has a 25 sec, in a 8 min fight she could have used it alot more than the 5 times she did
    She didnt pop Dark Soul on Pull / didnt synchronize it with her immerseus-trinket

+ havoc not used at all

The thing your gf needs to work on:
    Immolate- / Rain of Fire Uptime
    Cooldown/Procc and Execute Usage (introduce her to weakauras to make it easier)
    Havoc 5 times depends if she glyphed it, I personally am not amazing with looking over logs in Worldoflogs warcraft makes it a lot easier to see things like how many charges of havoc were applied ect. When I first came back to the game I loved Havoc glyph because I was somewhat rusty and hadn't played destro the entire expac so I wasn't using it with shadowburns like I should have.

The rain of fire is an issue but it also depends how her guild approaches the fight, some guilds to this day will not stack the bosses no matter what generally because they have a group of people that aren't very competitive and just want to clear content.

I didn't notice the dark soul issue because I didn't expect someone in a heroic guild even as a trial to not pop it on the pull to be completely honest.

Immolate I'm not aware of how worldoflogs works so I didn't know if it tracked a single target for immolate up-time in which case with such a low dps guild the amount of time the bosses are in their Last Resort stance could've caused it. But if it tracks it overall on every target 70% is extraordinarily low.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azrogol View Post
    I'd recommend Sparkuggz.com along with his channel on youtube, he makes guides that I trust well I don't really use guides anymore persay but occasionally he has a nice piece of advice or new trick he found as well so even if she masters her warlock he often acts as a channel to get the new tricks found to the rest of the warlocks less connected. He also has guides where he will filter through volunteer warlocks in order to show first hand mistakes made by nooby and veteran warlock alike.

destro dps

Hi guys can you guys pls look at logs and say how can i improve ty in advance
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...one&source=345

armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gabruxo/simple

Gemming and enchanting properly would be a good first step. You're a full percent under hit cap and have the wrong enchant on wrist. Missing those big chaos bolts is hurting you and missing immolate ticks and RoF ticks is hampering your ember generation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    Gemming and enchanting properly would be a good first step. You're a full percent under hit cap and have the wrong enchant on wrist. Missing those big chaos bolts is hurting you and missing immolate ticks and RoF ticks is hampering your ember generation.
    Not really sure where on garrosh RoF is needed?

Less than 50% immolate uptime is pretty shitty though, unless I'm missing something.

9 shadowburns seems really low also considering gary goes into execute three times in one fight.
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2014-06-24 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post

Less than 50% immolate uptime is pretty shitty though, unless I'm missing something.

11 shadowburns seems really low also considering gary goes into execute three times in one fight.
    You can RoF adds in phase1 to increase ember gen. Maybe it isn't needed, but you can do it. Immolate uptime on Garrosh is never going to be super high because of the intermission phases but that being said, intermission phases do not take up 50% of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post

9 shadowburns seems really low also considering gary goes into execute three times in one fight.
    RoF the first and second packs of adds.

Also drop it on intermission one and intermission 2 (if you get it) adds.

Drop it every time MC goes out because if you get MC'd yourself you get full embers near instantly (assuming the raid is stacked on boss, I hope so).

Not relevant to OP, but on 25H kiting the adds you can drop RoF in their path and get nice amounts of embers.

Plenty of reasons to use it in Garrosh.

Deleted
    Don't stay caped on 4 embers for half the fight

Hm ok ty for all feedback and tips guys and liquidsteel ty for the tip on 25 hc garry

From what I can tell, you're not stacking your int procs and Dark Soul abilties properly. On the link you've given us, you only used Dark Soul twice in a 8 minute fight, while the CD is only 2 minutes. Always try to stack up as much procs as you can. Bindings proc and DS usually line up because their CD is fairly close to each other.

Other than that, try and focus on the things the others have mentioned aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    RoF the first and second packs of adds.

Also drop it on intermission one and intermission 2 (if you get it) adds.

Drop it every time MC goes out because if you get MC'd yourself you get full embers near instantly (assuming the raid is stacked on boss, I hope so).

Not relevant to OP, but on 25H kiting the adds you can drop RoF in their path and get nice amounts of embers.

Plenty of reasons to use it in Garrosh.
    First pack of adds die so quick (even in hc) that I barely gain an ember from putting RoF on them. Second pack maybe but again there's enough adds to maintain a full F+B rotation and shadowburn as they drop to execute phase. I always have full embers going into 1st transition and would rather spend the global on a f+b conflag or incinerate.

Maybe in 25hc they last longer, wouldn't know never done the fight.

Agree with the MC but really you should be broken out very quickly. Also this is a kind of a min max thing and if the OP has the forethought to do this he shouldn't be having any issues with basic things like shadowburns etc

As others stated above work on your proc management.....and I'm sure you're trying already but you need to get that 4 piece!

Destruction Warlock DPS

I signed up to the forums looking for a little help, I'm trying to increase my DPS as destro lock and any help or information you guys could share would be great. I'll post link to my logs and armory for you guys to take a look at.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9pxy0aolibgdqf70/details/5/?s=18014&e=18553
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Dopetr%C3%ACx/advanced

Anything you guys notice that I may be doing wrong or could improve on please let me know. Thanks.
    sorry but i can't post links just replace the www .

I moved your post to the "Fix my DPS"-sticky we have. This thread is for requests like yours. Also, welcome to the forums.
    - Alarinth
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-06-29 at 02:23 AM.

ty everyone gonna try to get the 4 piece cause its passive its really really good for destro and try to line up my darksoul with trinkets proc ty everyone

Hello all,

We recently recruited a Warlock who has stellar raid awareness and survivability; however, his DPS is lacking. I've reviewed his logs and it seems to mostly be an issue with Immolate uptimes and CD usage. Now I'm not too versed in Warlocks anymore (WoTLK lock - hey!), so I'm sure there is quite a bit more that can be pointed out, which is why I'm here!

I do believe some of it is the fault of lacking UI features. I've gone over setting up an aura for Immolate to track when it exists on his target and when its fallen off. I still have more to show him in regards to WA and various methods of buff tracking, so that is also a work in progress.

He also recognizes that he failed to use Doomguard (woops!) on 24 Jun's logs.

Also some of the problem is gear for sure. I kept that in mind when comparing his logs to those of lower ranked (Sub 140) Warlocks via comparebot. I do think improving Immolate uptime will help him greatly in the long run.

His logs are as follows:
    Immerseus to Spoils: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w7htyro6vt57gwi4/ or http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4AQvabxGWcFY68wt
    Thok and some SC attempts: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zw...zte/dashboard/ or http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nHJfrv8dbkBN6YyD

Thanks in advance! I will be sure to relay any information here to him.

P.S. Are there any good threads for tips and tricks for locks in H SoO? I'm still looking, but so far have yet to find a solid all-in-one sort of thread.
    Last edited by Ashleycakez; 2014-06-26 at 03:54 PM.
    Ashleycakez ||<Barracuda> || Twitter || H2P Mod
    <Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
    T17: 16/17M | T18: 13/13M

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleycakez View Post
    Hello all,

We recently recruited a Warlock who has stellar raid awareness and survivability; however, his DPS is lacking. I've reviewed his logs and it seems to mostly be an issue with Immolate uptimes and CD usage. Now I'm not too versed in Warlocks anymore (WoTLK lock - hey!), so I'm sure there is quite a bit more that can be pointed out, which is why I'm here!

I do believe some of it is the fault of lacking UI features. I've gone over setting up an aura for Immolate to track when it exists on his target and when its fallen off. I still have more to show him in regards to WA and various methods of buff tracking, so that is also a work in progress.

He also recognizes that he failed to use Doomguard (woops!) on 24 Jun's logs.

Also some of the problem is gear for sure. I kept that in mind when comparing his logs to those of lower ranked (Sub 140) Warlocks via comparebot. I do think improving Immolate uptime will help him greatly in the long run.

His logs are as follows:
    Immerseus to Spoils: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w7htyro6vt57gwi4/ or http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4AQvabxGWcFY68wt
    Thok and some SC attempts: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zw...zte/dashboard/ or http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nHJfrv8dbkBN6YyD

Thanks in advance! I will be sure to relay any information here to him.

P.S. Are there any good threads for tips and tricks for locks in H SoO? I'm still looking, but so far have yet to find a solid all-in-one sort of thread.
    There's way bigger problems here then a suboptimal Immolate uptime. I looked at his Malkorok and Sha kills. On both he had the opportunity to use 3 Dark Souls but forgot to use it so he only used 2 throughout the entire fights. What is worse about it is he's seeing Expanded Mind proc for the 2nd time and not popping any cooldown with it. Then 30 seconds later he realizes Dark Soul has been on cooldown way to long and uses it with a pot but with zero trinkets up. He needs to really keep Expanded Mind and Dark Soul aligned and learn to 2nd pot properly (either with two trinkets up or in execute with Dark Soul and Expanded Mind.) He also used Havoc only once on Malkorok which is scary low. He should be able to use it way more than that. He also never took the opportunity to Shadowburn snipe the adds which is a great skill to learn especially for fights like Spoils.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    There's way bigger problems here then a suboptimal Immolate uptime. I looked at his Malkorok and Sha kills. On both he had the opportunity to use 3 Dark Souls but forgot to use it so he only used 2 throughout the entire fights. What is worse about it is he's seeing Expanded Mind proc for the 2nd time and not popping any cooldown with it. Then 30 seconds later he realizes Dark Soul has been on cooldown way to long and uses it with a pot but with zero trinkets up. He needs to really keep Expanded Mind and Dark Soul aligned and learn to 2nd pot properly (either with two trinkets up or in execute with Dark Soul and Expanded Mind.) He also used Havoc only once on Malkorok which is scary low. He should be able to use it way more than that. He also never took the opportunity to Shadowburn snipe the adds which is a great skill to learn especially for fights like Spoils.
    Yeah, I noticed that Dark Soul usage was a bit off. Curious though, I had read that Dark Soul is best used with Bloodlust (and Int procs - which is stronger? Or simply don't sit on the CD for longer than 15 sec?). If you examine the Sha attempt, he held of its use for BL. Either way, he did indeed have time to use Dark Soul at t=0, t=2, and t=4 so there isn't much of an excuse for holding it off - it was his first time raiding with us and he's not too familiar with our kill times.

Thanks for the other insights! I did notice Havoc use was a bit low, and perhaps Fire and Brimstone on Shamans? Or is RoF sufficient DPS for a warlock on the slimes?
    Ashleycakez ||<Barracuda> || Twitter || H2P Mod
    <Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
    T17: 16/17M | T18: 13/13M

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopetrix View Post
    I signed up to the forums looking for a little help, I'm trying to increase my DPS as destro lock and any help or information you guys could share would be great. I'll post link to my logs and armory for you guys to take a look at.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9pxy0aolibgdqf70/details/5/?s=18014&e=18553
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Dopetr%C3%ACx/advanced

Anything you guys notice that I may be doing wrong or could improve on please let me know. Thanks.
    sorry but i can't post links just replace the www .
    Your link doesn't work.

But two thinks I would recommend, first, go to the class guides and learn your rotation and setup your UI to allow you to notice things. Second goto AskMrRobot and optimize you toon.

Since there were some clash between post times in the merged thread, I added the quote to which you are responding for clarity.
    - Alarinth
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-06-29 at 02:25 AM.