Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralufar View Post
    Something is up at Blizzard...
    People take jobs, people quit jobs, people move on. Its called life.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Oh boy here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    not likely to be honest. when a dude of his position leaves it isn't a quick all of a sudden sort of thing. the dev teams and people in the studio have likely known he was leaving for monthsand any impact to the development of the game has likely happened already for better or worse.
    Absolutely true, which is why these changes are likely due to a creative designer hitting the door.

This might be the thing that was going on at Blizzard. I mean 17 years, you don't leave a job after 17 years. You get fired from a job after 17 years. He was damn near retirement, and was damn near a colonial member.

Sure, he might be crying on a bed of money and can retire anyways. But you don't throw his status and contributions away after that long.

He hasn't done much in recent years prior to work on WOD wasn't his last involvement with WoW back during TBC?

Either way he'll be a loss to a company that's grown used to him over the years he's worked there. I personally think he should of done more to stop Blizzard implementing micro-transactions since he himself supposedly opposed them back during 2008.

Rob Pardo new creative lead on Half Life 3 CONFIRMED

Deleted
    One less homophobic bigot in the game industry. Champagne.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to point out something very important here. do you notice the most popular versions of world of warcraft he was design / lead design of?

Lead Designer

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    World of Warcraft

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
    Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    StarCraft: Brood War

Designer

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor[5]
    Diablo II
    Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition
    StarCraft
    Diablo III

I'm willing to bet he was silently ousted for more EA-milk the customers for their money tactics that we see today.

you will be missed rob. thank you for the good times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    One should be careful when throwing around big words like that.
    Sexist? Or worrisome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know who that is...seriously how do you people know so much about blizzard employees..do you stalk them or somthing? >.<

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gortar View Post
    I generally have no idea who this guy is but from the comments I am now concerned, wow doomed?
    u seen warcraft 3 epilogue when finished the game? then there is a thanks for playing the game and the first name that appears in who's making the game is rob pardo....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Don't know who that is...seriously how do you people know so much about blizzard employees..do you stalk them or somthing? >.<
    He's one of the biggest long-term names at Blizzard. How the hell is it surprising people know him?
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    can be sad...maybe he wants to be some time with his family...after all he got much much money in these 17 years..coz he does not even know by him self where he wants to go now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    He's one of the biggest long-term names at Blizzard. How the hell is it surprising people know him?
    coz they dont care who is taking care of them...

The way Rob phrases it, it sounds like he isn't going to work anywhere for a little while, which is probably the case with some sort of anti-competitive clause in his contract. We won't know for a bit, like with GC.

Deleted
    I bet some slimy Jew is going to replace him.

[infracted]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-07-03 at 07:01 PM.

When you leave a job unexpectedly and don't have a back up plan, it's most likely because you've been fired. Heads, they are a-rolling at Blizzard. I guess that steady stream of lost subs is finally having an impact at the top.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Good - it's time to get new fresh and eager developers into the team anyway. Blizzard is getting too old. They need fresh ideas and people that are hungry to leave a mark.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-07-03 at 07:00 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Sure it has nothing to do with the Titan delay . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusDeadpool View Post
    I find it funny people screamed for years that Greg Street needed to be fired, he leaves to work at Riot and all of a sudden the "reason" in so many peoples minds for the "downfall" of WoW wasn't the reason, and he bailed cuz he didn't like the direction of things that so many people thought he was responsible for.

How about Rob wants a fresh start somewhere else, professionals do that all the time. Same with Greg. Wish Rob all the best in his future endeavors.
    Not after 17 years you don't. In some design cores, you have factions of people. We all know it and see it at our jobs, in varying degrees. These people, especially at the top, pull the strings for direction in departments. Time will only tell if these factions make a positive impact at this level of design and development. You have in house fighting in all rungs of the ladder, is this fighting or is this new blood?

Is this a push for new direction or is this a departure because of foreseen direction and he didn't agree?

Time will tell.

If Diablo 3 progress is any indication, then it's a new blood direction.

Jay Wilson, Greg Street, now Rob Pardo. I think the faction head got cut off today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    When you leave a job unexpectedly and don't have a back up plan, it's most likely because you've been fired. Heads, they are a-rolling at Blizzard. I guess that steady stream of lost subs is finally having an impact at the top.
    He's most likely signed an agreement that he can't work at a rivalling company until after a certain period of time has passed. I'm pretty sure he has his next job lined up already but can't tell because of legal consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Absolutely true, which is why these changes are likely due to a creative designer hitting the door.

This might be the thing that was going on at Blizzard. I mean 17 years, you don't leave a job after 17 years. You get fired from a job after 17 years. He was damn near retirement, and was damn near a colonial member.

Sure, he might be crying on a bed of money and can retire anyways. But you don't throw his status and contributions away after that long.
    Tell that to John Carmack, Cliff Blezinsky, Roy Muzyka, Greg Zeschuck,Hironobu Sakaguchi,Keiji Inafune,,Shinji Mikami, and Hideki Kamiya. all industry veterans who walked away from thier long standing and famous development studios in order to pursue different ideas and oppurtunities than the studios they worked in were providing them.