Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Speculation] What if a New Currency came in WoW: Platinum?

Hello everyone,

Would you be in favor if blizzard introduced a new currency in the game called: Platinum? Basically 100 gold (or 1000 gold) = 1 platinum. It would help consolidate the gold masses that we have in game, and also the elite gold makers to have a new currency to trade with one another. Things like mounts, pets, high end epics and other in game things that are normally very expensive.

So what do you think?

Mod-note: Please don't post misleading thread titles. Changed the title.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-03 at 08:40 PM.

I'm completely fine with keeping copper, silver and gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    No real point in adding another level of currency unless they were looking to raise the gold cap which one million gold is plenty at the current time.
    Negative - US Lightning's Blade
    <Imba>
    B-tag: Negative#1554

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm completely fine with keeping copper, silver and gold.
    But would you be in favor of adding a new currency, platnium?

I don't think there's any point to this at all. Not in favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative View Post
    No real point in adding another level of currency unless they were looking to raise the gold cap which one million gold is plenty at the current time.
    1 million platinum?

Would help with gold capping issues....

999,999 Gold cap = 9,999 Platinum. Meaning you can hoard a total of 99,999,999 Gold(100 million)

I'd be all for it, but you have to consider that for some it might seem like Platinum is useless because majority of the stuff in the game doesn't cost anywhere near 100g.

But in the end, gold capping concerns such a tiny tiny tiny amount of players, pleasing them is like adding higher level herbs to Wandering Isles if people want to get to 90 through Herblore/Mining alone(like that 1 guy did) while being Neutral.

Deleted
    I think this is a really nice idea. It would help for players who have gold cap on multiple characters. Better than raising the gold cap in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been for it since Wrath had a 20k mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I like platinum. Its been something I wish they would add sens BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really needed yet.

It isn't a greater business needed ingame yet. Even though many claim to have tons of gold, the average player doesn't have that much. As well, doens't make sense when you don't handle the currency yourself, just another icon that isn't doing much really. The system doesn't react on much difference of 1000g or 1 'Platinium'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Would help with gold capping issues....
    Not really, unlike the original 214748g 36s 47c gold cap, the current cap is just an arbitrary design decision, there isn't any technical reason for it to be 999999g.
    In fact, if I'm not mistaken, internally all money is stored as copper, the gold and silver is just something that's shown by the ui for readability purposes.

Anyway, I don't think an additional currency unit is really needed yet, but I at the same time it wouldn't hurt either.

Deleted
    Nah, its a pretty easy number to manage. Not like how it was in D3 when things could cost like 1,634,345,655 gold. But that economy was just stupid design.

If they did then they should get rid of copper and just have P / G / S.

i like new currencies like timeless isle coins. but i dont see much changes by adding platinum to money. i like how it is for now. gold/silver/copper

So...much....nostalgia ^_^

Not needed by the vast majority of players.

I'd be opposed to it. I feel that it'd just make things more complex than they needed to be and I think that the current system works just fine.

They used it from the start in EverQuest. It really doesn't complicate things at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'd be opposed to it. I feel that it'd just make things more complex than they needed to be and I think that the current system works just fine.
    Would be just as complex as it is now ;o There is not much difference except that players can have alot more gold without getting capped.

I like the idea.