Thread: Emotes in PVP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely what it is, and certainly not a childish imbecile with self control issues.
    It is not limited to children.
    So-called mature adults will often do things like mispelling to get around a filter, ensuring everyone can see their stupidity whether they want to or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Emotes are just a way of talking to someone you're not meant to. I ocassionally do a /rolleyes or /tap if someone is just wasting time in arena, e.g. a healer healing after they have clearly lost. Very rarely /spit, and it's never spammed if I do. Mostly if someone just won't stop attacking people when they are clearly at an advantage. e.g. often a HC PvE gear mixed Boomkin or Warlock with full buffs, plus Shrine buff, on the ledge in the court of the Timeless Isle. Derp u so gud.

I prefer ye ol' Battle Tag invite with text. It lets them comment back to see how silly they really are rather than emotes anyway, but like above you can turn them off.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-07-04 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like it when people emote me. It means I'm doing something to them that is pissing them off that they have to go out of their way to try and get me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    /spit is one of those emotes that tell you a lot about the age of your opponent.
    What if I told you...

Not every "adult" is all that mature
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

This doesn't matter to me as much as the thought of a man being able to spit with the firing rate of a large machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    What if I told you...

Not every "adult" is all that mature
    I suppose it would have been more accurate with "mental age".

15+ Year Old Account
    I like getting spat on in PvP, because it normally means one of two things:

- The other player is very immature.
    - I'm genuinely frustrating them.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I like getting spat on in PvP, because it normally means one of two things:

- The other player is very immature.
    This is quite true. Personally, I find it rather amusing when someone spits at me in PvP. Just laugh about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    And that is something to be proud about?

I can't tell how much I despise 2v2 nowadays with all the tryhards queuing up as dk/priest, warrior/rdruid or monk/healer tunneling the wrong kill target the whole game, running LoS to play defensive when their health drops below 80%, at ratings one like to cap his alt at. Or comps in general in 2s who know they can't win by their playstyle, and who just run the entire time, etc ... bet we've all experienced these games in 2s. If a /spit is the only way to tell them they are cunts, so be it.

I have no respect for people who /spit.

If I want to annoy the enemy team, I /tickle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I wish i emoted more than I do. I tend to /hug while killing, i like to let them know it's going to be okay, i'm nice like that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    And that is something to be proud about?
    I'm a Retribution Paladin who only does world PvP. If they are getting frustrated it's normally because they tried to jump me while I was in a fight and then had to run away.

I don't run from fights, I don't gank and (on the rare occasions I do arena) I don't do lame shit like keeping myself alive in an obviously losing arena situation (I will try my best to win 2vs1 though).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

The only emote I like to use in pvp is /gloat as a response, because if someone is /spitting or w/e on me, it means I'm doing something right and pissing them off, and gloating to them will just piss them off more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    You're just as bad as the kids that spam emotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Nah he's far FAR worse.

People who spam emotes are e-hardasses, nothing more. They take the game way too seriously.

People who waste everyone's time by flat out removing the enjoyment from something who's goal is to provide said enjoyment...now that's just effed up.
    No he's not, they were immature dicks to him. He has every right to be a dick back, he did good real good, they deserved it.

Deleted
    I occasionally spam /laugh at opponents that fail miserably to kill me :P

back in Wotlk I knew a guy that keybound /lol and /spit to every spell and you can imagine it was always hilarious to see him in Wintergrasp
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-07-10 at 06:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Not emote, but it annoys the hell out of me when someone thinks they're good after they get carried by their class.
    Like every hunter :3 Only time I ever spit is when I revenge kill some real douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Hardly worth getting upset about, although I suppose if you're angry already anything could set you off.

I do love sitting in shrine and using "/e has reported you for ToS / EULA violations", and getting a few confused whispers.

Another good one at the start of a battleground is; "/e has flagged you AFK. Please type /afk off to avoid being removed from the Battleground". You'd be surprised how many fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    The only emote I like to use in pvp is /gloat as a response, because if someone is /spitting or w/e on me, it means I'm doing something right and pissing them off, and gloating to them will just piss them off more.

No he's not, they were immature dicks to him. He has every right to be a dick back, he did good real good, they deserved it.
    /guffaw is a personal favorite

@Hyve: that AFK one is so old xD
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    @Hyve: that AFK one is so old xD
    Old but Gold my friend. Still works to this day!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Old but Gold my friend. Still works to this day!
    hehe I'll have to start using this one again.. soo goood

Eh, normally I just laugh about it on skype - But if i'm not in the best of moods then yeah, it really gets to me. It also kinda depends on the opponent tbh; If I feel like i'm generally a better player than they are and I just flat-out played better than them, yet they /golfclap me as they're about to lose, that's kind of annoying. There's lots of other examples, I don't really like the emote system in PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I occasionally spam /laugh at opponents that fail miserably to kill me :P

back in Wotlk I knew a guy that keybound /lol and /spit to every spell and you can imagine it was always hilarious to see him in Wintergrasp
    Ugh, as long as you're not one of those group of 3 healers that never die in BGs despite not even casting; Fair enough xD