Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    That's because people are allowed to express negative emotions such as disappointment and frustration. You are not allowed to be personally insulting. If you cannot see the difference perhaps you should refrain from posting until you do.
    Untrue. Some posters get away with insulting people constantly while also being negative in a very non-constructive and abusive manner. Others get infracted for disagreeing with such a poster. The rules are non-existant, particularly among some of the moderators.

10+ Year Old Account
    There goes another raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Well the raid tier complaining is a sort of meme based off a grave in Warlords of Draenor.

It is the grave of Ray D Tear.

Here is a link to the grave. Image is too big to imbed and I can't be arsed to find out how to shrink it.
    That is so funny. I love Blizzard's sense of humor and this is a very clever answer to the qq about something "costing a raid tier" I also like the ending to the trailer.
    Last edited by Laylriana; 2014-07-05 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    I'm glad they cut this from the final thing.

That was the worst attempt at comedy Blizzard has ever come up with, it was the cheapest and most pathetic attempt at comedy I've ever seen.

If you think that section was awesome, I'm honestly not surprised and Blizzard has done well of beating down its player base's expectations.

I with you there. Huge hands, bad synchronization and really, really lame and old jokes(yay, throw something behind you and have a cat scream. How funny...how original). Didn't Blizz always claim they have such high quality standards and would rather sack something than bringing it on the market with bad quality? How could this cinematic see the light of day then???

This came at the cost of an entire raid tier.

How dare Blizzard ever dare put work into something that isn't me pressing a few number keys with a model of a bad guy on my screen. Warcraft is not about fun, it's only about devoting my life to something that doesn't matter that much. Damn you Blizzard, damn you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    waste of time and resources, instead of preparing for an epic cinematic, we get the cinema people working on this trash.
    Notice most of the people in this thread found it amusing? Guess it isn't 'trash' to them.

Whine more please.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Are there people who seriously think storyboard artists and cinematic designers are the ones making raid tiers. I'm confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Are there people who seriously think storyboard artists and cinematic designers are the ones making raid tiers. I'm confused.
    They're trolling, don't pay attention to it. Or I hope they are

The render quality is low, bad joke, seconds long. Front page, I dont understand.

I thought that was awesome. Didn't make me laugh out loud, but it was a little something.

I wish they would go all out on a cinematic style movie instead of that live action crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    I hope the people that said they enjoyed it really enjoyed it, and aren't just pretending they found it great or funny because they desperately want to defend Blizzard.

The cinematic just had me scratching my head for a bit tbh, as to what the purpose of it was.
    Or instead of being a naysayer you could go play a game you actually enjoy or support a company that doesn't ruffle your jimmies, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I with you there. Huge hands, bad synchronization and really, really lame and old jokes(yay, throw something behind you and have a cat scream. How funny...how original). Didn't Blizz always claim they have such high quality standards and would rather sack something than bringing it on the market with bad quality? How could this cinematic see the light of day then???
    Because it's not being brought onto the market, it's being shown as a "Hey guys, we forgot we had this" sorta thing.
    Also, you're acting like huge hands are a new thing, and it was actually well made overall for a 50 second video.

Although, you can do better I guess since you're saying it's so bad right?

I don't care what the haters say, this made me chuckle. Nice to see a couple of drunk dudes doing what drunk dudes do, even if it is a human and an orc...even moreso because it's a human and an orc. While we're prolly never gonna be united for gameplay reasons, it's refreshing to see something realistic and down to earth. Good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    heh, being where they are, they got their drinks served to them, by a bear probably with a hat to

what was the point of this cinematic you ask?
    - to remind us what was MOP all about - a joke, from the 1st cinematic to the last....

and its a sad joke cause we will never see such feature-y xpac ever again (a new class and race in 1 xpac? is that even possible? )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I with you there. Huge hands, bad synchronization and ...
    It's so funny reading unenlightened criticism of things folks don't understand as they attempt to pose as some kind of authority on art or design.

Bad quality? That's laughable. And "huge hands" is actually a design principle in animation. You can find it in game. You can find it throughout loads of well designed animated films, both traditional cel animated as well as CGI. It's under the principle of animation and design called "Appeal". Blizzard character design isn't forensically anatomically correct to normal proportions for humans or humanoid characters and they never have been. Large hands are used for their expressive qualities as well as the aesthetic effect of all limbs getting larger as you get away from the center mass of the character.

Blizzard has always employed these principles of good animation and design. This goes back to the very first cinematic of original WoW. First shot of that dwarf hunter. He's absolutely a cartoon character realized in three dimensions. The female characters are a bit closer to "normal" proportions, aside from very large C-Cups and idealized round asses. But that tauren on the hill, big hands, bigger than its head and very cartoony versus looking "creepy". And, again, the orc has giant hands and is quite cartoony.

What separates Blizzard from so many others is they feature cartoony characters but with very well executed texturing and shading, lighting, effects and simulation. And good design and animation in-game as well as for cinematics, which none of the comer MMOs had and neither the first or second EQ (though the new one looks like it could be quite good). Every other MMO has attempted to up the pixels and up the texture resolution and up their polygons but they've all been designed and animated poorly. They all fail on silhouette value. Wildstar is actually the first MMO since WoW to actually have an art, design and animation team that looks like it knows what it's doing and they went even more cartoony than WoW (there are loads of "attractive" looking Korean MMOs but they never hire good animators and they also tend to be fairly generic and lack silhouette value).

Looking at that first cinematic to refresh my memory compared to this one it's easy enough to see how much their tools and techniques have evolved over the ten years and gotten technically better and better. This scene though, it's textbook. Everything about it. It's like an animator's class assignment designed expressly to show off almost the entirety of The Principles.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-05 at 05:26 AM.

It's just funny - shit. It's easygoing humor, a slight chuckle scene. Very little to get worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    It's so funny reading unenlightened criticism of things folks don't understand as they attempt to pose as some kind of authority on art or design.

Bad quality? That's laughable. And "huge hands" is actually a design principle in animation. You can find it in game. You can find it throughout loads of well designed animated films, both traditional cel animated as well as CGI. It's under the principle of animation and design called "Appeal". Blizzard character design isn't forensically anatomically correct to normal proportions for humans or humanoid characters and they never have been. Large hands are used for their expressive qualities as well as the aesthetic effect of all limbs getting larger as you get away from the center mass of the character.

Blizzard has always employed these principles of good animation and design. This goes back to the very first cinematic of original WoW. First shot of that dwarf hunter. He's absolutely a cartoon character realized in three dimensions. The female characters are a bit closer to "normal" proportions, aside from very large C-Cups and idealized round asses. But that tauren on the hill, big hands, bigger than its head and very cartoony versus looking "creepy". And, again, the orc has giant hands and is quite cartoony.

What separates Blizzard from so many others is they feature cartoony characters but with very well executed texturing and shading, lighting, effects and simulation. And good design and animation in-game as well as for cinematics, which none of the comer MMOs had and neither the first or second EQ (though the new one looks like it could be quite good). Every other MMO has attempted to up the pixels and up the texture resolution and up their polygons but they've all been designed and animated poorly. They all fail on silhouette value. Wildstar is actually the first MMO since WoW to actually have an art, design and animation team that looks like it knows what it's doing and they went even more cartoony than WoW (there are loads of "attractive" looking Korean MMOs but they never hire good animators and they also tend to be fairly generic and lack silhouette value).

Looking at that first cinematic to refresh my memory compared to this one it's easy enough to see how much their tools and techniques have evolved over the ten years and gotten technically better and better.

First of all you dealt only with one out of 3 arguements. Second you are trying that by using TAUREN as an example...hello...TAUREN! They can not be anatomically correct cause they do NOT EXIST(same counts for orcs).
    What I'm talking about is that human....and we are not talking about hands that are a bit bigger...they are twice the size of his head(and about the same size of those of the orc). We are heading straight for Popeye there.
    You can call that cartoony if you like....I call it ridiculous...and who are you to impose your sense of art on me???

I always liked Blizz cinematics and I never said anything else. Just this one is...uhm...really dropping their standards by quite a lot(and I mean the sense of humor, the overpainting of characters, the sync...Not wether that animationor the graphic is more detailed than older ones. Cause frankly, I would not play WoW if I was a graphic detail groupy. The old graphics have been more than good enough for me, as long as the rest fits).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no more ridiculous than the others. It has even better (along with the larger MoP proper) flesh shaders than they've ever had.

You're totally wrong about the Tauren as well. There is a huge difference between what they are versus if they were to drop a forensically correct cow/bull head onto a humanoid body. A realistic bovine head would look totally creepy and totally wrong. It doesn't matter whether a Tauren has or ever existed. That's not the point at all. They don't look like a realistic portrayal of a minotaur, like what was featured in this last season of American Horror Story. Orcs, again, follow the same sort of cartoon design as the rest of the design ethos of WoW and Blizzard in general (ie. Starcraft is pretty consistent with WoW character design). They have smaller heads and huge muscular bodies, a design decision that generally implies the character is dim natured.

Just say you don't like it. That's not something that can't really be argued with. If you don't like it you don't like it. But don't try to say it's because of X, Y and Z if there's the possibility someone who actually knows about X, Y and Z is listening and can call "bullshit".
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-05 at 06:05 AM.