Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Isn't it obvious? Who likes paying more taxes..
    As a liberal who think taxes are too damn high (did I mention I'm European? European liberals don't like high taxes) but if there's anything I'd pay tax money for it's health care. The fact that I know I can save people's lifes by just paying my rent is a pretty nice feeling. Also, it's a relief to know that if I get cancer, or anything like that, I can get treated for absolutely free and not have to worry about being in debt for the rest of my life.

None at the moment.. but someone has to pay for it, if not the employee then the employer and they can't just magically conjure up that money, so the employee usually suffers in some way too.
    So you hope the law fails because despite lowering the unemployment rate you think your taxes will go up even though you can't point to where or why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So you hope the law fails because despite lowering the unemployment rate you think your taxes will go up even though you can't point to where or why.
    Pretty much, there are no free lunches.

Pretty much, there are no free lunches.
    This is, frankly, a stupid as fuck argument against the law.

Why don't you like it?

When did they do this?
    Four days into the Iraq advance, there was an enormous sandstorm that slowed operations down, Harry Reid and several other prominent Dems immediately began calling the entire effort a "quagmire", and saying that we were destined to fail. Harry Reid and others repeatedly declared that the war in Iraq was lost while we had people on the ground fighting and dying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChud View Post
    Four days into the Iraq advance, there was an enormous sandstorm that slowed operations down, Harry Reid and several other prominent Dems immediately began calling the entire effort a "quagmire", and saying that we were destined to fail. Harry Reid and others repeatedly declared that the war in Iraq was lost while we had people on the ground fighting and dying.
    Links? 10char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChud View Post
    Was Iraq a real victory for the US? I'm inclined to agree with your Dems.

Deleted
    This is, frankly, a stupid as fuck argument against the law.
    Why is it stupid, who do you think is gonna pay for it then? Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not sure why people think higher taxes are the single greatest evil on the face of this planet.
    Because people don't like to work for free..

Say you're paying 30% of your salary as taxes .. it basically means you work 2 and half hours for free every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    It was not a war, it was a skirmish. You were fighting a demoralized group of peasants who were under geared, leaderless and effectively about as dangerous as a damp rag.
    Whatever you say.

Anarchocapitalist.

Why is it stupid, who do you think is gonna pay for it then? Santa?
    The law is funded through a variety of means that are all publicly available information. You're acting like no one knows how its various components are funded.

Say you're paying 30% of your salary as taxes .. it basically means you work 2 and half hours for free every day.
    Implies you get nothing for your taxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Anarchocapitalist.
    Read arachnocapitalist for some reason.. all hail the spider god of commerce!

Deleted
    The law is funded through a variety of means that are all publicly available information. You're acting like no one knows how its various components are funded.
    Which means the taxpayers are paying for it one way or another so no thanks.

Implies you get nothing for your taxes.
    Nothing I want or can't get for a lot cheaper myself.. and a lot of it wasted.

Deleted
    I'm not sure why people think higher taxes are the single greatest evil on the face of this planet.
    If they are taxes that's used for a good cause I'll gladly pay them. Unfortunately, in many cases politicians want higher taxes so they can throw more money at problems when there's just straight-out structural problems that should be dealt with in the first place. Sweden's education ranks at almost the same level as Russia's, yet we're in the top when it comes to spending on education. Now the leftists wants to raise taxes even further even though there obviously is a problem with the education system that goes beyond monetary.

Then there's also the bad ways that taxes are brought in with. Sweden used to have an inheritance tax for example which I find redundant and frankly, offensive. If my grandpa died, who have served Sweden all his life, before the inheritance tax was abolished then a bunch of his wealth would go to the state, even though he might've wished his wealth would go to his family. A big "fuck you", essentially.

Which means the taxpayers are paying for it one way or another so no thanks.
    No shit you're paying for it one way or the other. Its healthcare. There is no getting out of paying it, no matter how you set it up.

Nothing I want or can't get for a lot cheaper myself.. and a lot of it wasted.
    Gonna go down to the roads store any buy some roads, maybe pick up some police officers.

Deleted
    So you have no idea what taxes are for. Great.

If you spend 10% of each paycheck on food, do you think of it as working for free 10% of the time or, when the money actually enters and leaves your hands, is it easier for you to understand that necessary expenditure isn't the same as not getting paid at all?
    Well it sort of is.. ok, you get something for it but most of it is wasted on things I personally couldn't care less about.

Deleted
    No shit you're paying for it one way or the other. Its healthcare. There is no getting out of paying it.
    Well Im not paying it now.. must be magic?

Gonna go down to the roads store any buy some roads, maybe pick up some police officers.
    Of course you point out one of the few things we actually do get from taxes. What about foreign aid, political campaigns, wars on "terror" and stuff like that?

Well Im not paying it now.. must be magic?
    Yes you are. You think it has no effect on you when the economy is weighed down by an overly expensive system that is not available to enough people.

What about foreign aid
    An nearly nonexistent portion of federal spending.

political campaigns
    Where are taxes going to campaigns?
    wars on "terror"
    yeah that sucks, better support politicians who want to end it. This is not an argument against taxation.

Deleted
    That's a different problem though, which is simply wasteful and inefficient spending. Taxes are necessary and useful. The simple fact that they go up should not in and of itself be a cause for outrage now or at any point in time in the future. It should always be a matter of exactly why they're going up and whether or not we could be making better use of them.
    Yeah, I'm not against taxes, but again, I think many people take the Nordic countries for granted by using our high taxes to demonstrate how it could work out in the US if you adopted our welfare system. I think too high taxes make politicians too (for a lack of a better word) liberal with spending.

Deleted
    Yes you are. You think it has no effect on you when the economy is weighed down by an overly expensive system that is not available to enough people.
    Still want it to fail and go away, sorry.. Im stubborn

An nearly nonexistent portion of federal spending.
    A portion Id rather keep, even I could only buy a cone of ice cream a month with it. (It's probably a lot larger though)