Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Do you know how long it would take to get to honor cap, whatever it is? I dont even know what the cap is, or how much a full set of 522 gear roughly costs :X
    The honor cap is 4000. This is the cap on the amount of honor you can hold, but there is no cap on how much honor you can earn (just spend it so you stay below the cap).

Doing IoT and Venture Bay dailies, with the +15% guild banner and lvl 25 guild, gives nearly 900 honor/day. Toss in weekly Wintergrasp, Tol Barad weekly, JP=>honor conversion, and the occasional BG and you can deck yourself in honor gear fairly quickly.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Honor caps at 4k, helm/shoulders/legs are 2250 each, shoulders/gloves/trinkets are 1750 each, cloak/rings/neck are 1250 each, weapons are 3500 for 2h/2250 for spellpower 1h/1750 for other 1h and offhands.

Eeee...

(2250*3+1750*4+1250*4+2250+1750)*2 = 45500 Justice Points? YIKES. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Eeee...

(2250*3+1750*4+1250*4+2250+1750)*2 = 45500 Justice Points? YIKES. :/
    You should do Celestials and burn a Warforged Seal on them each week. These will often drop ilvl 550 PvP gear, so you can avoid getting honor gear for any slot that fills. Similarly, they can drop ilvl 553 gloves/legs, so fill those with honor gear (or get the crafted legs). The trinket slots are also not usefully filled with honor trinkets unless you are going to do PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I have nothing to gain for celestials in terms of PvE - theres practically no reason to do it besides PvP right? I burn my warforged on LFR SoO....but since I only need to get new boots (i516), I might as well not use them on SoO.
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    1) Timeless Isle
    2) Open random chests / kill rares.
    3) Get i496 loot.
    4) Profit.
    OP, it sounds like you're far enough along to know that what I quoted above is BS.

What's frustrating in MoP is there are so many people who give the false impression that you just go to the Timeless Isle, shit rains from the sky and boom you're in SoO.

Intelligent people know better. Timeless Isle is crap because when you're done dying there and collected everything you can, you have the item level for Throne of Thunder. People with reading comprehension issues and exaggerators aren't comprehending that people aren't asking for a quick way to gear up for ToT. Like you, they're asking to get into SoO.

Simple answer is, it's not easy gearing up for SoO. It's grindy. It's not as easy as previous expansions where running 5 mans for valor and previous tier loot got you geared with relative ease.

I have nothing to gain for celestials in terms of PvE - theres practically no reason to do it besides PvP right? I burn my warforged on LFR SoO....but since I only need to get new boots (i516), I might as well not use them on SoO.
    The PvP gear that drops from celestials is ilvl 550. Remember, in MoP PvP ilvl = PvE ilvl; the PvP stats have zero weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The PvP gear that drops from celestials is ilvl 550. Remember, in MoP PvP ilvl = PvE ilvl; the PvP stats have zero weight.

Thats true, but they dont have the same kind of haste/hit/exp/etc right? So they are sub optimal in that sense, not when it comes to main stat/stam.

@ablib, I find that going to timeless obviously helps, but it doesnt help as much as people say. I feel like I would have to spend a dozen or so hours there to get a full i496 set minus weps. Im already at i....i475 or 79 I think? :/

I remember geraing up in WotLK was easy at 30% buff, because valor points iirc were easier to get, but I could be remembering wrong which is highly possible.
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OP, it sounds like you're far enough along to know that what I quoted above is BS.

What's frustrating in MoP is there are so many people who give the false impression that you just go to the Timeless Isle, shit rains from the sky and boom you're in SoO.

Intelligent people know better. Timeless Isle is crap because when you're done dying there and collected everything you can, you have the item level for Throne of Thunder. People with reading comprehension issues and exaggerators aren't comprehending that people aren't asking for a quick way to gear up for ToT. Like you, they're asking to get into SoO.

Simple answer is, it's not easy gearing up for SoO. It's grindy. It's not as easy as previous expansions where running 5 mans for valor and previous tier loot got you geared with relative ease.
    Load of crap. Spend a handful of hours on TI opening chests and following the kill groups around and you'll have full 496 and a few 535 pieces, and likely enough coins for a 489 weapon. You'll be more than ready to get into TOT where the loot drop rates were cranked and you'll come out in gear you can turn around and get into SoO very easily.

If you have some alts you can feed yourself crafted items and other stuff to shorten it down even further.

I bought one of my alts to 90 and had her in Soo LFR the same day by being smart about it and sending her a couple of crafted 553 pieces.

10+ Year Old Account

There's no reason to be so hostile; people are trying to be helpful. Most people probably just don't know the item level requirement for Siege because it's been so long since it was an issue for them. I don't think anyone is trying to be malicious or misleading here.

And really, the advice is that not far off. Timeless Isle is a great place to start when you're in quest greens/blues.

Yes, you will absolutely need some supplemental pieces to get the ilvl for Siege LFR if you don't want to stop in ToT LFR first. You can get those supplemental pieces through Burdens of Eternity on the Timeless Isle itself if you're lucky enough to get more than the one from the chest, but more efficiently you can use crafted pieces, PvP gear, and world boss loot.

I didn't find it to be that grindy. I think my /played between 90 and Siege LFR on my last guy (only one I've done post-TI) was only a few hours. I did full TI 496s with one burden, a heroic scenario 515, and then I got lucky and got tier pants off a celestial and that was enough. I might have had a cheap 522 crafted. Even if I hadn't gotten lucky with the pants, I could have used 553 crafted instead.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    No, celestials can drop 553 tier set gloves and legs as well as PvP gear. That's normal mode ilevel gear. It's better than the tier pieces you would get from LFR.

What? Granted I've had all sorts of tokens saved up in an alt bank from different characters that have run through Timeless Isle chests, but my most recent 90 I had tokens to make gear for all her gear slots, used the burden from the big chest on one token, bought the 489 weapon with Timeless Coins, and was 496 without even needing to replace the crappy 399 green trinket I had in my second slot.

You need 496 for SoO LFR. I had that on the first day at 90...how is that grindy?

Rivelle, how did you have it the first day? I raided MoV and ToES, and am about to finish HoF, as well as spending some time on the island....yet still i496. I even have a burden item, I believe....or at the least, Im saving it for a ring or w/e people say to do.

I mean, Im 496 besides...
    i476 neck, i450 hands, i476 ring, i442 ring, i437 green trink, i450 weap

From my understanding I can replace everything besides the wep and the trinket, as I already have the trinket from TI.

I dont know the best thing to do. Rep grind, over frogs?
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Rivelle, how did you have it the first day? I raided MoV and ToES, and am about to finish HoF, as well as spending some time on the island....yet still i496. I even have a burden item, I believe....or at the least, Im saving it for a ring or w/e people say to do.

I mean, Im 496 besides...
    i476 neck, i450 hands, i476 ring, i442 ring, i437 green trink, i450 weap

From my understanding I can replace everything besides the wep and the trinket, as I already have the trinket from TI.

I dont know the best thing to do. Rep grind, over frogs?
    I had a full set of cloth tokens waiting for my warlock when she hit 90 from other characters that had done Timeless Isle chests. Including neck/cloak/two rings/one trinket. I used burden on one piece which made it 535. I did the starter quests there and a minor amount of elite and rare grinding there the same day and was able to buy the 489 weapon.

You can queue as soon as your overall ilevel is 496. If you have even a couple of higher ilevel pieces (from burden, valor upgrades, pvp gear, celestials drops) to balance out your lower ones, you can easily reach that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it is chest or hat that have the highest item budget, and would be the best place to use it. I think I generally pick my hat so I don't have to rebuy the meta gem too much.

You don't need to wait; use it as soon as you get an appropriate slot token.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Thats true, but they dont have the same kind of haste/hit/exp/etc right? So they are sub optimal in that sense, not when it comes to main stat/stam.
    It has the same varieties of secondary stats as PvE gear, and reforging papers over many cracks. The only places it is substandard are in gem bonuses (typically PvP Power) and some set bonuses for the tier pieces. And, of course, the pvp gear cannot be upgraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know how long it would take to get to honor cap, whatever it is? I dont even know what the cap is, or how much a full set of 522 gear roughly costs :X
    I think some one over at reddit did the math and it was something like 27,500 honor to get every piece of honor gear. Your cap is 4000 but you can earn more than that based off a formula that includes how long the season has been going on? (Sorry that is for Conquest Points and not Honor Points).

Also note that this does not include the possible pieces you can get from the Celestials.

Math for Honor Points
    2250 - Head/Chest/Legs
    1750 - Shoulder/Waist/Feet/Hands/Trinket (x2)
    1250 - Necklace/Wrist/Rings (x2)/Cloak

Weapons
    2h - 3500
    1h SP - 2250
    1h other - 1750
    OH - 1250

(2250 * 3) + (1750 * 6) + (1250 * 5) = 23,500 HP for Armor + either 3500 (For 2H or 1H+OH), 4000 (For 1H SP + OH), or 4500 (For 2x 1H)
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2014-07-07 at 09:17 PM. Reason: The Maths!
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Well I just hit 486, by spending a bunch of coins on those monkey keys. Bought maybe 60 keys that way. Was it a waste or is there a better option?

Also do you need to be friendly to get the 2h or what

- - - Updated - - -

bump! still gearing...slowly...
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'