Poll: What is the most OP class in 5.4.8?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    3v3 is the only proper bracket in the game, random and rated bgs are beyond a joke
    Pretty much ignore the rest of the pvp game and just play 3v3, that's laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    2s: Monks (any), Boomkin, Unholy DKs

3s: Hunters, Frost Mages, Arms Warriors

5s: Hunters, Frost Mages

1v1: Monks

RBGs: Hunters, Frost Mages

World PvP: Monks

tl;dr: Small scale pvp = monks & hybrids, 3 or more = hunters & mages

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    2s: Monks (any)
    Any? Surely you just mean MW and WW ?

Hunters are fundamentally OP. Incredible damage, CC, and a low skill cap. Have fun kid. Why is everyone saying monk... don't know how to kite too good now dawg?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Pretty much ignore the rest of the pvp game and just play 3v3, that's laughable.
    pretty much yes. Or is there any fun that I am missing in random bgs filled with bots and imbecils? All the good players are in 3v3 or quited the game anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    pretty much yes. Or is there any fun that I am missing in random bgs filled with bots and imbecils? All the good players are in 3v3 or quited the game anyways.
    You ever stop to think that part of the reason why the good ones quit might be partly because they were forced into arena to begin with? Not everyone enjoyed it. They sacrificed PvP to shore up the arena numbers back in WotLK, they killed all other PvP in the process.

Honestly, if 3v3 is the only PvP left, then PvP in WoW is for intent and purpose dead and not worth mentioning anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Keeping the discussion going

I don't play at high ratings but I feel like warriors just destroy if no one stops them
    Worst class pvp = Pala imho.
    Best class pvp = Rsham / afflock / warr.

Best combo = afflock / ele / rdrood.

Personally id feel that most classes are viable endgame material, but fact'o'matter is some classes is just easier to dominate with
    All varies with seasons...

But looking at the big picture some classes have almost allways been good in pvp. (Mostly rogue/mage).

- - - Updated - - -

In all fairness, random BG is a joke, its 70% bots on either side of the team = Fix make honor optainable pvp gear much cheaper or just make it free.

Rated BG can be fun, but would really depend on the players... So far all i ever meet is moaning/whiny/bad/arrogant/stupid in RBG.
    Even had a group that won 4 in a row quickly, lost the nr. 5 pretty bad, all hell broke loose and people left / flamed / moaned.
    With that being said, with a chill group RBG can be great!

World pvp is a joke aswell, retarded dmg/ healing / hp - PVE gear = the best.

So that leaves arenas, which for me is the last fun pvp activity in the current wow.

Any healer, followed by hunter and warrior, followed by everything else, followed by whatever your main is so you can claim to be underpowered.

So much warrior love in this thread. Warms my heart.

Don't worry, the patch will land and then the other classes will get out of hand.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

The WoD changes makes my DK smile with gleeeeeeee.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Hunters are fundamentally OP. Incredible damage, CC, and a low skill cap. Have fun kid. Why is everyone saying monk... don't know how to kite too good now dawg?
    Low skill cap rofl, clearly delusional since Hunters have one of the highest skill caps. Did you get facerolled by one and felt you had to come and complain on here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Low skill cap rofl, clearly delusional since Hunters have one of the highest skill caps. Did you get facerolled by one and felt you had to come and complain on here?
    why don't you two guys bring arguments? this "no no your class is OP" is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    He probably meant low skill floor, which most people do when they talk about things being OP. They also confuse the terms alot. A bad or average player can player a hunter badly or averagely and get really far compared to other classes. Always fun when I see people who have never broken 1500 suddenly sitting around 1800 because he made a hunter for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by birday View Post
    why don't you two guys bring arguments? this "no no your class is OP" is getting old.
    Except I didn't say his class is op and did bring an argument by saying "Hunters have one of the highest skill caps", that's the opposite of what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    He probably meant low skill floor, which most people do when they talk about things being OP. They also confuse the terms alot. A bad or average player can player a hunter badly or averagely and get really far compared to other classes. Always fun when I see people who have never broken 1500 suddenly sitting around 1800 because he made a hunter for the first time.
    I'll agree with that, but it was a lot worse previously in the expac as BM, that was literally faceroll. At least now there is *some* thought involved.

Deleted
    Warriors.

3 gapclosers
    5 (or was it 6?) offensive cool downs, that all stack
    5 ccs, their fear doesn't break on damage.
    4 (or was is it 5?) defensive cooldowns, that all stack
    Second Wind
    unpeelable burst
    on top of all of that they still have utility (intervene healer to eat traps etc, lolreflect)

nothing comes close to the sheer opness of this class

fortuantely 80% of warriors are retards who rolled their class to be cheap (and are), but even they are annoying

each time a warrior charge stuns me I could throw up 'hurr durr retard inc'
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-07-09 at 07:30 AM.

What was the combo that won Blizz world wide arena championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Warriors.
    5 ccs, their fear doesn't break on damage.
    Second Wind
    unpeelable burst

nothing comes close to the sheer opness of this class
    Second wind used to be good, nowadays its irrelevant when you are bing attacked. a 6-9k hps does not help very much.
    Why is their burst unpeelable? This is not begining of MoP with Avatar.
    Stormbolt, Shockwave, Fear, ?, ?

Not denying warriors are one of the best classes in game atm, but these facts are flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    2s: Monks (any), Boomkin, Unholy DKs

3s: Hunters, Frost Mages, Arms Warriors

5s: Hunters, Frost Mages

1v1: Monks

RBGs: Hunters, Frost Mages

World PvP: Monks

tl;dr: Small scale pvp = monks & hybrids, 3 or more = hunters & mages
    no locks or shammies in 3s? i must be getting really unlucky with q's..

- - - Updated - - -

you dont have to ignore the rest... but you do have to acknowledge that they won't be balanced on a class level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    you dont have to ignore the rest... but you do have to acknowledge that they won't be balanced on a class level.
    I have never seen 3v3 balanced either.

1v1 should be the one they strive to balance around the most as that is (or at least was when I actively played) they most common PvP in this game. In 2v2,3v3, or even 5v5, they will never be balanced as the classes synergize in different ways.

The closest blizzard has ever had to actually having representation they could actually call balanced that I have seen (unless I missed it) is when the classes were at their worst and burst was king by far and all that really mattered. And at that point, they weren't even really balanced, it was just hid behind obscene burst that nullified a lot of it. Kinda like putting a 30 year war general against a grandmother with dementia except giving them both access to nukes, even though the general is the best, the nukes still make sure they may easily lose.

Dps

Arena/RBGs - hunters, arm warriors, affl/destro lock, frost mage, boomkin

1v1 - ww monks, hunters, arm warrior, destro lock, frost mage, boomkin

Heals

All healers in general.

Arena - rsham, rdruid, hpally, mw monk

RBG - mw monks, rdruid, hpriest, hpally, rsham
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2014-09-09 at 07:18 PM.