10+ Year Old Account

Echo of the Elements questions.

• Does any spell or ability not proc EotE?
    • Does EotE also reset the cooldown of the named spells, or just give you a buff that prevents the next cast of the named spells from incurring their cooldown?
    • Does the UI light up the named spells in your action bar to remind you that they now benefit from the effect?
    • Is there any other UI effect, like an aura, or buff?
    • How long do you have to consume the effect before it expires? (i.e. does the buff expire...?)
    • Can, for example, an echo'd Lava Burst proc another Echo?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Not too sure.
    Just gives a buff, so when you use it again, it will reset instantly.
    It has a black shadow, like surge procs.
    I think its 14 secs.
    No sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    • Does EotE also reset the cooldown of the named spells, or just give you a buff that prevents the next cast of the named spells from incurring their cooldown?
    • Does the UI light up the named spells in your action bar to remind you that they now benefit from the effect?
    • How long do you have to consume the effect before it expires? (i.e. does the buff expire...?)
    the proc is a buff that is 20s long. and the buff is that if you cast one of the named spells, the buff is consumed and the spell does not trigger its cd. the spells it affects are not highlighted however you get a black aura and something that looks like the parts of an elemental blast/the talent icon that swirls around you, see picture

from ele pov: I guess EotE does not proc from totems. FS ticks also seem not to proc it. You can proc an EotE from a LvB that consumed EotE. Had 3 in a row when testing. And you can proc an EotE while you already have an EotE proc. So you would waste the buff in this situation. EotE procs while Ascendance are also wasted.
    Bad timing is when you get an EotE proc when you casted a LvB and don't get a Lavasurge proc until LvB is ready again, so the chance is there another EotE proc occur which are wasted.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-09 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    I did a small post for someone in the "Beta for Shamans" Thread so I did test that all :

- Echo does not proc of Totem attacks and ticks, but does proc from placing Totems, also it does not proc of Flame Shock ticks.
    It will proc of every other Spell and Ability, even Ghost Wolf or Healing Rain ticks.

- It will not reset the cd, only give you a buff that prevents the next cd on a Spell it affects.

- The UI does not light up, however, it has the Aura Effect you see in Nebrias post.

- It has a 20 sec duration if i remember it right.

- As it has no icd it can indeed proc of echo'd spells.

Hope that helps ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    you can proc an EotE while you already have an EotE proc. So you would waste the buff in this situation. EotE procs while Ascendance are also wasted.

Bad timing is when you get an EotE proc when you casted a LvB and don't get a Lavasurge proc until LvB is ready again, so the chance is there another EotE proc occur which are wasted.
    i would assume that if there is no way away around the occasional wasting of procs in the aforementioned cases, that the talent row will [eventually] be balanced with the wasted procs in mind....

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

i would assume that if there is no way away around the occasional wasting of procs in the aforementioned cases, that the talent row will [eventually] be balanced with the wasted procs in mind....
    well with better gear you get more lava surge procs so the waste of EotE procs cause of CD lock won't happen such often.
    for Ascendance, well I'm sure they have this in mind.