Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Some random site that has nothing to do in blizzard considering the game is in completely beginning phase where everything is bugged as fuck as of today must be completely right for the game to release on 23 sept in about 2.5months
    Can blizzard do it yes will they do it idk from what ive seen in beta there's bugs but not bad ones which are getting fixed. I played for 6 hrs and didn't crash after the patch knock on WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Speculating is fun. For some.
    This isn't speculating, though. It's making random shit up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    This isn't speculating, though. It's making random shit up.
    Which can also be fun. For some.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post

Your point? That still doesn't mean it's a hard fix in the least.
    This guy hasn't even gotten Normal Garrosh down, I wouldn't expect anything of any value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbeer View Post
    According to who? There is no global definition of any season. The definition varies depending on who (or where) you ask. It might however be that most people on the northern hemisphere consider the seasons to be as you said.
    The seasons are not by a "Month" standing... It is measured by the Equinoxes and Solstices (Position of the Sun in relation to the equator).

For the Northern Hemisphere

First Day of Full = Fall Equinox (Sun passes North to South over the equator) = September 23rd, 2014
    First Day of Winter = Winter Solstice (Sun is the farthest south of the equator) = December 21st, 2014 (Shortest day of the Year)
    First Day of Spring = Spring Equinox (Sun passes South to North over the equator) = March 20th, 2015
    First Day of Summer = Summer Solstice (Sun is the farthest north of the equator) = June 21st, 2015 (Longest day of the year)

For the Southern Hemisphere

First Day of Spring = Spring Equinox (Sun passes North to South over the equator) = September 23rd, 2014
    First Day of Summer = Summer Solstice (Sun is the farthest south of the equator) = December 21st, 2014 (Longest day of the year)
    First Day of Fall = Fall Equinox (Sun passes South to North over the equator) = March 20th, 2015
    First Day of Winter = Winter Solstice (Sun is the farthest north of the equator) = June 21st, 2015 (Shortest day of the Year)
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    The seasons are not by a "Month" standing... It is measured by the Equinoxes and Solstices (Position of the Sun in relation to the equator).

For the Northern Hemisphere

First Day of Full = Fall Equinox (Sun passes North to South over the equator) = September 23rd, 2014
    First Day of Winter = Winter Solstice (Sun is the farthest south of the equator) = December 21st, 2014 (Shortest day of the Year)
    First Day of Spring = Spring Equinox (Sun passes South to North over the equator) = March 20th, 2015
    First Day of Summer = Summer Solstice (Sun is the farthest north of the equator) = June 21st, 2015 (Longest day of the year)

For the Southern Hemisphere

First Day of Spring = Spring Equinox (Sun passes North to South over the equator) = September 23rd, 2014
    First Day of Summer = Summer Solstice (Sun is the farthest south of the equator) = December 21st, 2014 (Longest day of the year)
    First Day of Fall = Fall Equinox (Sun passes South to North over the equator) = March 20th, 2015
    First Day of Winter = Winter Solstice (Sun is the farthest north of the equator) = June 21st, 2015 (Shortest day of the Year)
    In Australia we just run by months.
    Dec - Feb Summer
    March - May Autumn
    Jun - Aug Winter
    Sept - Nov Spring

Though I'm pretty sure any advertising will just go by what is accepted in that country(USA).

I've always said that WoD will be released at least 4 weeks prior to Blizzcon. They want Blizzcon to be a celebration for the anniversary of Warcraft/WoW and also to introduce new things, not have people still hanging for WoD when they would of already learnt so much about it. They've learnt from their mistake in MoP beta where people were burnt out on the game before it had even released and they've always said WoD beta would be smaller and more targeted.

If that was the case I might be able to see WoD before Basic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hooooooooope this is the date! The sooner the better! When we're not doing our weekly clear I just play hearthstone or Heroes Alpha. I want to like be excited to play wow again.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Can't believe some of you actually believe WoD could be out in two months.

Seriously, have you seen the beta? It needs more than 2 months, thats ignoring 6.0 as well.

The alpha/beta is in no way progressing at a pace that would remotely allow it to be released within 2 months. We are going into week 6 next week with only 2 zones released. MoP had its third leveling zone released (on top of the Pandaren zone) by 6 weeks into beta, and that beta lasted 6 months. Raid testing will probably take about 3 months on its own and doesn't seem to be anywhere near imminent. They said earlier this week that they want to enable addons at about the time raid testing starts, but they are a ways out from that point.

I think if they really get their asses in gear and push for an expedited release, they might be able to have it ready for November 18. I think that is the best reasonable case scenario at this point, and it could just as likely be pushed right up against that December 20 deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Hmm it does sound too soon according to how beta looks atm and Blizzard all confused with non stop changes all over the place still this late in development.
    You do realize blizzard's builds are way ahead of the build people are playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    You do realize blizzard's builds are way ahead of the build people are playing now.
    You do realize blizzards needs tests to be on a lot of them so it doesnt matter how much ahead they are up? And current state of the beta would indicate its going to be minimum 4 months more
    Last edited by Einsz; 2014-07-04 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    You do realize blizzards needs tests to be on a lot of them so it doesnt matter how much ahead they are up? And current state of the beta would indicate its going to be minimum 4 months more
    You do realize that Blizzard DOES do internal testing on those builds themselves? They don't just snap a build together and then admire the code.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The alpha/beta is in no way progressing at a pace that would remotely allow it to be released within 2 months. We are going into week 6 next week with only 2 zones released. MoP had its third leveling zone released (on top of the Pandaren zone) by 6 weeks into beta, and that beta lasted 6 months. Raid testing will probably take about 3 months on its own and doesn't seem to be anywhere near imminent. They said earlier this week that they want to enable addons at about the time raid testing starts, but they are a ways out from that point.

I think if they really get their asses in gear and push for an expedited release, they might be able to have it ready for November 18. I think that is the best reasonable case scenario at this point, and it could just as likely be pushed right up against that December 20 deadline.
    Yep, that date is not happening, the beta would need to move waay faster. It will take atleast 4 months from now to release no doubt. Its not just possible to push testing that fast to release in like 2 months from this point. Even if they have like all content done internally theres no way to test every zone, every dungeon/hc dungeon, every raid boss and fix everything in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    When I first got into MoP beta (first wave) vs getting into WoD beta (first wave) - WoD is a good 6 weeks behind MoP's status.

It did surprise me given how long ago things were meant to be more advanced than MoP.

I can think of two reasons for this - either they are doing more in parallel than MoP (new production system), or they are 6 weeks behind MoP.

I can easily see September 23rd as patch 6.0.1, and November 23rd as WoD release - but that's about the earliest I'd expect either.
    We also don't know how much internal work has been done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    When I first got into MoP beta (first wave) vs getting into WoD beta (first wave) - WoD is a good 6 weeks behind MoP's status.

It did surprise me given how long ago things were meant to be more advanced than MoP.

I can think of two reasons for this - either they are doing more in parallel than MoP (new production system), or they are 6 weeks behind MoP.

I can easily see September 23rd as patch 6.0.1, and November 23rd as WoD release - but that's about the earliest I'd expect either.
    November is the almost 100% not going to happen as that's when Blizzcon is, it will either be a couple weeks/month before Blizzcon or a month after, unless the wheels fall off and it slips into 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    We also don't know how much internal work has been done.

- - - Updated - - -

November is the almost 100% not going to happen as that's when Blizzcon is, it will either be a couple weeks/month before Blizzcon or a month after, unless the wheels fall off and it slips into 2015.
    If the game gets pushed back I going to request a revenue and buy Wildstar .