Thread: Stealth in WoD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Not exactly, especially when burst of speed can be sustained indefinitely as long as you press the button every 3 seconds.
    not if they increase the energy cost of BoS.

I really hope what Sativ reported will go live and that it won't be shared by other versions of stealth available to other classes. It's about time rogues reclaim stealth!
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue's stealth (or at least subtlety's) is supposed to be something to fear.

They should remove FF and flare by now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Rogue's stealth (or at least subtlety's) is supposed to be something to fear.

They should remove FF and flare by now.
    Spammable faerie fire with such a long duration is just stupid. I'd be okay with faerie fire having a 15s duration on a 30s CD or if it was only available to guardian druids(as you don't see them too often in PvP situations). At least it's only available to ferals and guardians now.

It is stupid that flare automatically pops you out of stealth(and that you can't vanish while standing in one). Especially coupled with hunters mark, camo and traps(wich we can't disarm now), their toolkit vs stealth is just too strong. At the very least flare should only make you visible without putting a nameplate above your head, kind of like you see rogues in stealth in close range now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wish that rogue's abilities didn't keep getting handed out to other classes but I am grateful to some of the stealth changes made to rogues. I remember running around slow as hell in stealth in vanilla, that was annoying lol. Stealth really should be something only available to Rogues/Druids. Anything else that is similar should work in a different way to stealth that's either more visible or that has penalties. But I agree on Camo on hunters being absolutely unfair in what it does.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    Currently on Beta stealth is so strong that while dueling my friend Backstabi~ We are unable to see one another standing directly on top of the flag.

I think they baked the stealth level of Shadow walk into Stealth... So take comfort in the fact that rogues have a higher stealth 'level' then any other class =)
    Man I hope this is true. Rogues already have so much that is stagnant right now, and with the number of classes that can utilize a stealth mechanic (sometimes better than we can) I think it's about time one of our class staples got a bit of a boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorac View Post
    - Rogues had stealth, initially with a small movementspeed penalty that was removed.
    Rogue's had originally 50% move speed penalty which was huge, and the penalty only got removed after 8 years in Cata, so please if you're trying to make a constructive post use facts.

Also, thx for another nostalgia hit, now i'll spend next 5 min lying in bed, remembering the good old times.

Old teldrassil, darkshore, redridge mountains group quests, duskwood, stranglethorn vale...
    Time flies so fast

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Rogue's had originally 50% move speed penalty which was huge, and the penalty only got removed after 8 years in Cata, so please if you're trying to make a constructive post use facts.
    My apologies if it sounded like I tried to say that we lost the stealth penalty in something like 1.1. That was not my intention. I was merly trying to recap what has happened in the past and what was going to happen in the future.

I have a feeling they will fix whatever is causing the higher stealth and it will be terrible there after for all wod.