Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    ah warlords. yea HP is way too high. i was NOT expecting people to be basically playing cataclysm again IE 200k hp....
    But you do understand, do you, that this is done only to once and for all get rid of the mess that separate PvP stats like resilience are, and instead allow players to have a way clearer relation between damage and HP pools in PvP. As far as PvE is concerned, incoming damage will simply be higher to fit the new pools, but the same as today when expressed in %.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

HP in WoD is going to remain rather high, but damage numbers will be reduced drastically.

Sure you'll hit really hard on low level mobs when you back to solo Firelands, but at level 100 against level 100 - 103 mobs you won't be hitting as hard as you did this expansion. This is all because Damage went up so high during MoP that Boss health had to go to numbers too high for the software to handle. This is why Garrosh has phases where he actually gains back his health rather than just give him a bigger health pool.

Back to the topic at hand, yes the gear scaling in MoP was the most drastic its ever been, and we'll see it again 7 or so years from now assuming WoW is still around.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Yes, MoP has had the most noticeable boost in stats. This has been due to several reasons;

LFR artificially boosting ilvl (By providing another Tier of gear)
    Flex (An additional gear level) in SoO
    [Affix]forged providing half a tier by itself (6 ilvl is half of 12 and slightly less than half for 13, which was before the typical jump in ilvl per tier)
    Gear upgrades (Recently made +4, up from +2), which provides more than a new tier level itself (16 ilvl, previously more than half at 8 before the buff)

Even in Cata's DS it was LFR (384), Normal (397) and HC (410). LFR was only just above the instance entry level and the previous tier with Normal and HC being static values. The total scope of T13 was 26 ilvl, compare this to SoO:

LFR (528(544)), Flex (540(556), Normal (553(569) or 559(575)) and finally Heroic (566(582) or 572(588)).

The total scope of T16 is 50 ilvl, nearly twice as big as jump as T13 was, the first tier to introduce LFR. Before that it was only Normal and Heroic, where the jump was either 12 or 13.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    I like how no one ever mentions RPPMs in a discussion like this, because that's where a very large chunk of the dps increase has come from. Trinket uptimes have suddenly doubled due to having a more favorable proc rate towards the beginning of the boss pull (my enh shaman gets 3 haromms procs during the first fire ele on average. 50% uptime during first minute is luls). Trinkets in general have been out of control since ToT dropped. Really don't get what they were thinking with this design.
    An RPPM trinket can only be as broken as its ilvl (or the rest of our gears ilvl in the case of RoRo) allows it to be.

The ilvl jumps % wise this expansion is actually about in line with every other expansion (well at least before the 4/4 upgrades). This is mostly due to the LFR gear of the next tier, being even (MSV heroic = ToT LFR) or below (ToT Heroic > SoO LFR) and this causes the balance to be off-set a bit.
    Maybe if we ignore SoO entirely, yes. The % increase in full HC ToT gear was comparable to other expansions. This entire tire has been an increasingly bad joke on top of that for ridiculous scaling

that and frankly who cares? Install an addon to change your numbers from 1M down to 1 pretty pony if it bothers you so much.
    How about anyone who likes to actually be able to invite in last tiers hc gear and and them compete with the lower pack? Instead of doing half or less of peoples dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It's on relatively the same curve. Doing 3-4x as much damage at the end of an expansion compared to when you hit its max level at launch is respectively similar across all expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tking View Post
    Yes the ilvl gap is too big. Thats why i loved BC, lower tier gear was actually still good and usable. LFR and Flex ruined it.
    THIS.

BC had a smooth transition between TIERs instead of inflate artificial ilvls. ilvls blocking player transition is veeeery stupid, not to mention tunneling them to LFR (looking for retards).

I don't have the numbers to confirm if MoP was the most retarded or if it was WoTLK.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Yes, MoP has had the largest increase ever. Normal SoO items have 2.5 times as large stat values as their Mogu'shan Vaults counterparts.

The worst thing of all is that there are ilvl 750 items on WoWhead that were datamined off the Beta that have values about 0.5 that of Mogu'Shan Vaults. These are, I'm pretty sure, going to be the new raid items. Meaning that in the first tier patch of WoD, we'll already probably reach the values we had at the start of MoP. It's crazy. I don't know how Blizzard plans to deal with this, but I wouldn't like to see a stat squish every second expansion.

big numbers and i loved it. sad to see it go
    Last edited by idunnowatdo; 2014-07-12 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vqkatsuko View Post
    I still remember when T4 to T5 was only a 13 ilvl jump, man so long ago.
    All tiers have followed the 13 ilvl rule actually.
    Can't speak for LFR though.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    This is all because Damage went up so high during MoP that Boss health had to go to numbers too high for the software to handle.
    Don't tell me that the health pool is a 32 bit integer. That would a big mistake from Blizzard

LFR x3 tiers ~39 ilvl jumps ~32 ilvl jump through upgrade over whole expansion instead of nerfing content to the ground, +1 tier of flex ~13 ilvl jumps

= extra 84 ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If the scaling is based on math that you do not comprehend (and to numbers that you don't comprehend), does that really make MoP "retarded"?

Watch people cry how they miss their 500 000 crits in WoD...I swear we will have these threads.
    This is what I have been saying for a long time. The numbers are so big the human mind cannot comprehend them properly. I always get the "No u r dumb I can comprehend them" argument which science says is total BS. We are not evolved to think in numbers of that size.

Sadly the changes in WoD don't look like they are enough so they are either working on a solution for later or they are going to stat squish us every 2 years from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    This is what I have been saying for a long time. The numbers are so big the human mind cannot comprehend them properly. I always get the "No u r dumb I can comprehend them" argument which science says is total BS. We are not evolved to think in numbers of that size.

Sadly the changes in WoD don't look like they are enough so they are either working on a solution for later or they are going to stat squish us every 2 years from now on.
    This is 100% nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eem5 View Post
    Yep, however the rate of change at ilvl 540+ is way faster then the equivalent rate of change in prior expansions, despite those expansions also using an exponential curve.
    It's because there are more loot tiers than ever previously. In BC 1 tier was 13 ilvls. T16 is about 60, ignoring the legendary cape. That's a whole expansion worth of scaling in one tier. That is clearly retarded and I hope they will tone this down in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    But you do understand, do you, that this is done only to once and for all get rid of the mess that separate PvP stats like resilience are, and instead allow players to have a way clearer relation between damage and HP pools in PvP.
    By the way we already had that in BC - when stamina budget was made much cheaper, boosting health pools much more than dps numbers.
    It didn't solve anything, pvp was still about bursting down others in seconds.
    Last edited by Zka; 2014-07-12 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Exponential stat growth is mandatory to keep people doing the hamsterwheel of gearing up tier after tier. So yes, they'll probably squish again after few expansions, but by then both Blizzard and players are smarter at handling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It's because there are more loot tiers than ever previously. In BC 1 tier was 13 ilvls. T16 is about 60, ignoring the legendary cape. That's a whole expansion worth of scaling in one tier. That is clearly retarded and I hope they will tone this down in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way we already had that in BC - when stamina budget was made much cheaper, boosting health pools much more than dps numbers.
    It didn't solve anything, pvp was still about bursting down others in seconds.
    The reason there is such a big jump in ilvl is partly because in BC there was no heroic mode, so that already doubles the ilvl boost each tier. Also, the inflation is exponential, so it's only organic for it to get really high. The ilvl itself is irrelevant, what's inflated is the stats, and that's already been addressed for WoD.

Even though this expansion saw the biggest damage increases and ridiculousness like tanks soloing last seasons raids, if you look back to WOTLK then crit/haste rates were much higher. It was quite possible to get 40% crit as a Warrior in the first tier (T7) without gemming for it, by end teir the same was true for 60% crit chance.

Though dps from start to finish was massive there too, it was nothing like this madness we've had in MOP. You could pretty much cover T4-T6/Sunwell range from TBC (whole expansion) with the Ilvl differences of a single raid tier in MOP.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

To clarify, whether or not the ilvl increase is a linear 13 per tier, the actual stats inflation is exponential

Did everyone forget where Blizzard flat out said they wanted people going from HoF/ToES into ToT to actually feel the upgrades? Because that's more of the actual reason than LFR, they could of easily stuck LFR gear at the previous tier ilevel, but instead they wanted normal upgrades to each be a dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Did everyone forget where Blizzard flat out said they wanted people going from HoF/ToES into ToT to actually feel the upgrades? Because that's more of the actual reason than LFR, they could of easily stuck LFR gear at the previous tier ilevel, but instead they wanted normal upgrades to each be a dps increase.
    Coincidentally at the same time that they were planning out hte item squish.

Funny, that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."