Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orange-cow View Post
    The scenario would be, to juggle whichever Shocks that off the cd, despite any LS stacks up or FS DoT remaining when the EF buff up.
    Well it is pretty easy to determine when it is worth to use ES with 2 EF, since you simply need to know the damage per LS charge.

But the issue is that those setbonuses really favor big Fulmination, so it might causes issues with EF, depending when you should use it without wasting stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by orange-cow View Post
    Stacking EF with UF on FS would give a massive upgrade on our DoT component don't you think? Though to waste Fulmination on low LS stacks just for EF sake will also considerably lessen our burst. And that's where i think FrS actually could fill the missing Shock when EF may not really efficiently work for both ES or FS whenever its up. Interesting talent indeed.
    Multi Dot FS
    Gain Shitload of Lava Surge procs
    Redot FS with 2 EF Stacks
    Still get Shitload of lava surge procs while FS deals insane amount and Lvb floods you with LS charges

Yay.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-07-12 at 08:23 PM.

That enhance set bonus....I want it so badly.
    I was considering rolling a new class for WoD, but now I'm not sure.

Deleted
    I wonder if the four set for enhancement will have any interaction with glyphs that change the appearance of your feral spirits. Turning into a raptor would be pretty snazzy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I wonder if the four set for enhancement will have any interaction with glyphs that change the appearance of your feral spirits. Turning into a raptor would be pretty snazzy.
    Would be awsome and very iconic for a Troll Shaman :-) Wich if my feelings are true most Shamans that are min/maxing will switch to the Bezerking will really help with the burst. ( Pure speculation )

And i am very interested in how much damage the wolfs + the set bonus will give us i hope it will be worthwhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruojin View Post
    Would be awsome and very iconic for a Troll Shaman :-) Wich if my feelings are true most Shamans that are min/maxing will switch to the Bezerking will really help with the burst. ( Pure speculation )

And i am very interested in how much damage the wolfs + the set bonus will give us i hope it will be worthwhile.
    Dunno... all shaman are already trolls as of 5.4 - but as Elemental the new tauren racials look pretty cool, along with the stun and extra HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I'm not a fan of either Elemental or Restoration's set bonuses but Enhancement's 2 piece is great if Feral Spirit's damage is worthwhile. That Enhancement 4 piece though, that's definitely the highlight of that tier to be honest.
    same the original resto tier sets were miles ahead of these

Resto bonuses seem pretty underwhelming. Definitely hoping for another change to 2p. Giving additional tidal wave charges is already next to useless and gaining them uncontrollably from ES is just bleh. Also not a big fan of the 4p either but it at least seems to have the potential to be useful/desirable unlike the 2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement set bonuses sound great, I'm pleased.

Deleted
    Im going to be spiritbiting everything in sight !!!!

Hm, so I wonder if the 4pc Enhancement carries over to Ascendance. We may want to sync Feral Spirits with Ascendance so we get "improved Stormstrikes" converted to Windstrike for the armor penetration.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    Enhancement shaman and mage. Use feral spirits with the 4 set. Mage pops illusion. Mage casts mirror image.

There are now seven dogs running around frantically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Hm, so I wonder if the 4pc Enhancement carries over to Ascendance. We may want to sync Feral Spirits with Ascendance so we get "improved Stormstrikes" converted to Windstrike for the armor penetration.
    Sounds abit to good to be actually true :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    The funny thing is that "Stormstrike turned into Stormbite." immediately reminded me of "Spirit Bite" (the feral spirit attack they remove in WoD). And Spirit Bite is nature damage, so it might not even be needed to pop Ascendance

---

As for the set bonuses.

The enhancement one is far out the best looking. The worst part about these set bonuses, is that you have to get rid of them for T18.

The resto one looks ok. It's just hard to judge at the moment as I don't know what our "healing flow" will be like in WoD. Since I'm not sure how our balance of single target vs AoE heals will be like (seeing as Tidal Waves boosts your single target heals). And the 4 set bonus, can that only proc from the 2 set, or also from chain heal itself? And does refreshing Tidal Waves when you still have 1-2 stacks (e.g. when spamming chain heal) also allow it to proc?
    In other words, hard to judge. I'm personally quite satisfied with Tidal Wave itself though; I think it's a really nice buff and promotes "weaving" spells for efficiency.

The elemental one looks the least interesting.
    The 4 set is not all that glorious in my eyes for a 4 set bonus; and it mostly seems to be a jab at people saying that elemental can do too little whilst moving, since the Lava Surge proc can be rather random. Burning your Fulmination as you have to move, will guarantee a proc and give you a free LvB on the move.
    I'm really not sure about the 2 set bonus. There are some good elements in it, using it at 15 stacks will give you 30% extra multistrike which seems excellent for on demand burst (e.g. burn phases).
    The interaction between the 2 and 4 set depend largely on the situation. In case of the aforementioned "on demand burst moment", the 2 bonuses interact nicely. Giving you high multistrike% and an instant LvB on top. In the situation where you need to move however, you're largely wasting the 2 set bonus as the only thing you can really do at this point is burn your fulmination stacks, maybe get a free LvB from the 4 set; but the 2 set bonus goes largely wasted as you're not casting.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2014-07-13 at 10:23 AM.

I really dislike Elemental 2P, it's the T16 2P BS all over again. Even though the amount of charges generated has dramatically increased, it's still a buff you don't have on pull and will lose from time to time.

The 4P is very nice though, it gives a feeling of synergy between elements, it adds depth and should be useful while "mono-cleaving" (when you replace LB by CL in a single target rotation).

On the FrS discussion, there will be times when we need to use it while moving but it's probably be last on the priority list.
    For movement the priority will probably look like
    1) ES if > 12 LS charges
    2) FS if duration < 10 secs
    3) UF
    4) FrS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Dunno... all shaman are already trolls as of 5.4 - but as Elemental the new tauren racials look pretty cool, along with the stun and extra HP.
    I think that's a pretty big assumption there. I'm still sticking with my Orc, no matter what you min-maxers say. :P

Deleted
    Huge issue i have with resto bonuses - TIDAL WAVES EVERYWHERE. It's really not like we lacked the buff in the past or did not have it ready at any given time.

Now, i get that 2p might be useful for a dedicated tank healer and that one i can understand. But why does 4p encourage using Tidal Wave generator right after you already got a Tidal Waves stack? "Here's Tidal Waves you haven't used yet, go, make some more".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranjit View Post
    Huge issue i have with resto bonuses - TIDAL WAVES EVERYWHERE. It's really not like we lacked the buff in the past or did not have it ready at any given time.

Now, i get that 2p might be useful for a dedicated tank healer and that one i can understand. But why does 4p encourage using Tidal Wave generator right after you already got a Tidal Waves stack? "Here's Tidal Waves you haven't used yet, go, make some more".
    Exactly. We're literally going to be drowning in Tidal Waves (pardon the pun) but I've never had problems keeping the buff up since it's made easily available by Riptide and Chain Heal.

It'd be cool if they gave us 2 charges of Earth Shield for our 2 piece, and something to do with area of effect healing for our 4 piece... maybe a defile-like Healing Rain where it expands in size every-time it heals somebody?

10% chance for a heal to cost less essentially... I guess it could happen often. Earth Shield can be used quite a bit, but this tier bonus is underwhelming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Prism View Post
    10% chance for a heal to cost less essentially... I guess it could happen often. Earth Shield can be used quite a bit, but this tier bonus is underwhelming.
    Its a lot better in a raid scenario now that Earth Shield stacks, no sniping other Shaman's Shields, which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I think that's a pretty big assumption there. I'm still sticking with my Orc, no matter what you min-maxers say. :P
    troll (till wrath) > tauren (till end of wrath ) > orc (early cata ) > goblin (late cata)

screw racial minmaxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."