Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    You really think people are going to be okay spending 50% of their time traveling?
    You've yet to present evidence that 50% is an accurate number, considering dungeons and raids are scarcely affected by flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    So you cherrypicked the one part of my response that was hypothetical in nature to describe possibilities of WoD's release with no real purpose other than to toss your 2 cents in for how I described a reaction? /golfclap
    I thought you were implying that a lash out would result in something like a mass unsubbing, which I dont think will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I thought you were implying that a lash out would result in something like a mass unsubbing, which I dont think will be the case.
    No, just them implementing flying as per my post suggested the ways that it would come back. /faecplam

No, just them implementing flying as per my post suggested the ways that it would come back. /faecplam
    Oh, so you think they'll re-implement flying purely because people will be initially shocked and angry that they can't fly in Draenor, as a knee-jerk reaction? I'm not inclined to think so. If it doesn't affect sub numbers significantly, it's not getting changed.

Oh, so you think they'll re-implement flying purely because people will be initially shocked and angry that they can't fly in Draenor, as a knee-jerk reaction? I'm not inclined to think so. If it doesn't affect sub numbers significantly, it's not getting changed.
    Stop twisting my words, thanks.

EDIT: Before you go off on rant because I left you with just that: How else do you get a company to do something? $$$$
    So obviously I implied sub losses. I'm sorry if you couldn't understand. I'm sorry if I had you reread my post in an attempt to get YOU to understand what I meant rather than just outright telling you. I'm sorry that you still push the fact that doesn't matter because this cherrypick is all you have left to argue about.

Stop twisting my words, thanks.

EDIT: Before you go off on rant because I left you with just that: How else do you get a company to do something? $$$$
    So obviously I implied sub losses. I'm sorry if you couldn't understand. I'm sorry if I had you reread my post in an attempt to get YOU to understand what I meant rather than just outright telling you. I'm sorry that you still push the fact that doesn't matter because this cherrypick is all you have left to argue about.
    I'm not trying to twist your words, I'm trying to have a discussion.

How about you just tell me what you personally think, of the two things you said earlier would cause flight to be re-implemented, is more likely to happen: a massive negative reaction necessitating immediate re-implementation, or 6.1?

I'm not trying to twist your words, I'm trying to have a discussion.

How about you just tell me what you personally think, of the two things you said earlier would cause flight to be re-implemented, is more likely to happen: a massive negative reaction necessitating immediate re-implementation, or 6.1?
    Or you can stop trying to take one part of a hypothetical statement regarding flying's return/dismissal in new content and just find something else to nitpick? Let me even copypasta the quote for you. It seems you have forgotten:

They said flying would return in 6.1 unless the playerbase loves losing their flight. And it'd have to be a very strange occurrence for the playerbase not to miss flying. It will be implemented when: Most of their players lash out or we get 6.1 and they decide to bring it back for the hefty lump sum of 5,000 gold. (or whatever amount they decide to goldsink into the game)
    That's all it is. A throwaway line used to postulate two variables in the existence of flight. What does personal feeling have to do with hypotheticals, or at least situations which have multiple branching paths?

You can't discuss something which has little to do with the actual conversation. HOW flying will come back means nothing, because it will most definitely come back in at least 6.1. WHEN and WITH WHAT does.
    Last edited by Aeno; 2014-07-13 at 02:58 AM.

Or you can stop trying to take one part of a hypothetical statement regarding flying's return/dismissal in new content and just find something else to nitpick? Let me even copypasta the quote for you. It seems you have forgotten:

That's all it is. A throwaway line used to postulate two variables in the existence of flight. What does personal feeling have to do with hypotheticals, or at least situations which have multiple branching paths?

You can't discuss something which has little to do with the actual conversation. HOW flying will come back means nothing, because it will most definitely come back in at least 6.1. WHEN and WITH WHAT does.
    Then where were you going
    It takes at least 8 weeks for most of the playerbase to hit max level? Well then...

with this?

Then where were you going with this?[/FONT]

I am more inclined to think 6.1 will happen before a lash out.
    with this? MoP's 5.1 was one of the fastest, an 8 week (or so) release. I assume that that would be used as the bare minimum for 6.1's release. Note: Minimum.

with this?
    I was responding to the post you quoted earlier. I commented on which possibility I thought was more likely to occur. I was trying to have a discussion.

I was responding to the post you quoted earlier. I commented on which possibility I thought was more likely to occur. I was trying to have a discussion.
    Not replying to my own post was less of a discussion than Plato's dinner-time discussion.

Not replying to my own post was less of a discussion than Plato's dinner-time discussion.
    It was less of a discussion because you apparently didn't wish to have it.

It was less of a discussion because you apparently didn't wish to have it.
    It's funny, because my post:

with this? MoP's 5.1 was one of the fastest, an 8 week (or so) release. I assume that that would be used as the bare minimum for 6.1's release. Note: Minimum.
    Was a response to your post:

with this?[/FONT]
    With the slighest bit of mockery. How is it a response, you may not ask? Well...probably because I answered your post after quoting you. Oh wait, you didn't quote my response though. Because you cherrypicked one part and decided to make it about me rather than what I posted. Hmmmmm this is troubling, Watson.

With the slighest bit of mockery. How is it a response, you may not ask? Well...probably because I answered your post after quoting you. Oh wait, you didn't quote my response though. Because you cherrypicked one part and decided to make it about me rather than what I posted. Hmmmmm this is troubling, Watson.
    Sorry, I didn't see that part. I don't always catch ninja-edits.

Anyway, yes two months is what I'd hazard will be wait-time for 6.1's release since 5.2 to 5.3 was also ~two months. No, I don't think it takes most players eight weeks to level to max. What I do think is that most players, once they do hit max within those eight weeks, will either rage a bit when they see no flying and then forget about it and carry on, or not care at all. As a result, no flying will continue until 6.1, when it is implemented in continental Draenor.

EDIT: Oops, meant 5.2 to 5.3
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-07-13 at 03:51 AM.

Sorry, I didn't see that part. I don't always catch ninja-edits.

Anyway, yes two months is what I'd hazard will be wait-time for 6.1's release since 5.2 to 5.3 was also ~two months. No, I don't think it takes most players eight weeks to level to max. What I do think is that most players, once they do hit max within those eight weeks, will either rage a bit when they see no flying and then forget about it and carry on, or not care at all. As a result, no flying will continue until 6.1, when it is implemented in continental Draenor.

EDIT: Oops, meant 5.2 to 5.3
    This flight mess is the single most divisive thing I have seen in this game to date. It is worse than horde vs alliance. The next expansion should be flyers versus no flyers. That will get wpvp going again.

You are fooling yourself if you thing general population is not going to explode when they find out about travel. It is going to be just like here. It is going to be interesting to see millions divided all at once.

Lolercaust I think you need a break from the internet.

Deleted
    This night after i had some fun with my friends i decided to go out on my own and roam aimlessly in the city trying to ask for 10 cents for transportation home. After i met a couple of persons 15 min later 2 guys decided to pick a fight with me for....lack of respect, lolol i just asked for 10 cents
    After the "fun fight" i just decided to keep going like nothing happened while i shouted names at the guys.
    Along the way i met a couple of people i met on the same night and they discussed how stupid those guys were and how strange my adventure was. (but at the same time refused to help me anyway)

At the end of the night...no money...messed up, tired of walking all night aimlessly and exploring, no phone.... i found the very first kind heart i met all day...a Brazilian street food vendor on the midle of the road.
    He asked: "Are you ok son?"
    After i told him my story he gave me food and money to be able to go home.

Tomorrow i will go meet him on the church on my town to repay him his kind act, the only soul from the thousands of people i asked for help.
    Every single one of them rich and full of money on their pockets, they refused to help me.......only the poor Brazilian food vendor decided to help me.

World exploration, Meeting people. Exploring worlds....No flying mounts is worth it. Even though im all messed up...was one of the best adventures of my life.
    A dynamyc world. I dont care care if Blizzard mess up on this one. It's still worth a shot to try and meet people on the world (...of warcraft, not on the streets kids...its a dangerous world out there xD)
    Last edited by mmocbc4d431f8d; 2014-07-13 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar58 View Post
    This night after i had some fun with my friends i decided to go out on my own and roam aimlessly in the city trying to ask for 10 cents for transportation home. After i met a couple of persons 15 min later 2 guys decided to pick a fight with me for....lack of respect, lolol i just asked for 10 cents
    After the "fun fight" i just decided to keep going like nothing happened while i shouted names at the guys.
    Along the way i met a couple of people i met on the same night and they discussed how stupid those guys were and how strange my adventure was. (but at the same time refused to help me anyway)

At the end of the night...no money...messed up, tired of walking all night aimlessly and exploring, no phone.... i found the very first kind heart i met all day...a Brazilian street food vendor on the midle of the road.

Tomorrow i will go meet him on the church on my town to repay him his kind act, the only soul from the thousands of people i asked for help.
    Every single one of them rich and full of money on their pockets, they refused to help me.......only the poor Brazilian food vendor decided to help me.

World exploration, Meeting people. Exploring worlds....No flying mounts is worth it. Even though im all messed up...was one of the best adventures of my life.
    A dynamyc world. I dont care care if Blizzard mess up on this one. It's still worth a shot to try and meet people on the world (...of warcraft, not on the streets kids...its a dangerous world out there xD)
    Sure then why don't you chose that to be your primary mode of getting around.

It is a novelty and only fun a limited number of times.

In game terms, I think we get enough of that while leveling.

I swear I got up this morning and read through the posts. Realized a couple things

1. Anti Flight people are in total denial of Bashoiks posts that said "we want to slow down how fast you consume content" granted that post was removed quickly.. so they rather gobble up all the other BS blizz feeds them.

2. They refuse to listen to anyone that is in beta

Those two points alone mean they are not worth having a discussion with, and that they are unreasonable.

As far as those saying Blizz hasn't changed their position. To me it seems like they have.

It went from "We don't Know" when asked if flying will ever be in WoD.

To "We think 6.1 is a good place"

Blizz saw the writing on the wall, maybe they are not as dumb as I thought.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-13 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Lolercaust I think you need a break from the internet.
    You are right m8, more so than you could possibly know. With that I'll take my leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you let people speak for themselves instead of speaking for them? Unless you were elected repsentative of the casual majority and I didn't hear about it.
    Same advice for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar58 View Post

Please feel free to explore how you want, on a ground mount. Don't dictate to me how to play the game. I can choose for myself thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Please feel free to explore how you want, on a ground mount. Don't dictate to me how to play the game. I can choose for myself thank you.
    but didn't you know you are not playing it the "Right" way <rolls eyes>