Poll: What is your least favorite capital?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Shattrath; a green ruin filled with beggars and a horrid soundtrack...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Definitely shrines. They are too small, they're ugly as shit, and they're basically worthless. Shatt had "justice" and honor vendors, Dal had "justice" and honor vendors, SW/Org have justice and honor vendors, Shrine? NOPE. To make the matter worse, Shrine of two moons is a copy paste of 7 stars, of vice versa. They're EXACTLY the same, just flipped

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Bladespire Fortr- oh wait
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

I don't like Exodar, followed closely by Shat. I actually like the Shrines, just cause they're practical and easy to get what is needed done quickly. I like SW the most for a what a city should look like, and IF and Silvermoon also look like cities.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Cities don't really look like cities, no one seems to live there,
    Except for Ironforge and Stormwind then, yeah.

Orgrimmar is the only one I dislike. I do like the tauren and goblin ares though. North area of Orgrimmar (arena location) isn't bad either.

Deleted
    I can't stand Silvermoon City, Never liked the place and have no idea why ....

Shrines just feel like an artificial environment made just for us, whereas all the others are real cities with a place in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have generally always disliked Undercity the most, and I play both factions. Something about the place, I've always gotten lost inside it. Not fond of the way it's set up.

I have to say Shrines were the worst, they never felt like a capital anyway, just a small outpost. Stormwind is a close second just because we've been forced into it so much.

I think that shrine is the worst honestly just never felt good to me. I mean they are a decent sized city but it means nothing to me as a city like all of the other ones did.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet View Post
    I still get lost in UC.. But I think I dislike SW the most, its just so bland. Shrines are not really capitals, more of glorified portal rooms, but the had one good selling point, everything is close and handy.

I like Dalaran and TB the best I think.
    It's a circle.... a CIRCLE.

Exodar or shrines for me. Exodar is just too big with a weird layout. Plus I never liked the arcane energy theme. Shrines for reasons already mentioned.

But my favorite is definitely Thunder Bluff. I think it's a really well made, unique city. It also captures the nomadic lifestyle of the tauren perfectly with the tents, wooden bridges, music, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I have to say Shrines were the worst, they never felt like a capital anyway, just a small outpost. Stormwind is a close second just because we've been forced into it so much.
    Honestly I'd never even consider the Shrines a capital city, just a main hub.

Exodar of course. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the lore needs to be fleshed out a lot more. Draenei don't have enough lore to build a proper city out of them. Nelfs can borrow from Japanese motifs. Tauren can borrow from native American motifs. The Forsaken can borrow from the horror genre. But the Draenei can't really borrow from anything, so you get Exodar which just seems like a hunk of wrecked ship. Since they use Russian voices, maybe it would have been better if Draenei were to borrow more imagery from Russian culture in some way, either the czarist period or soviet period or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    It's a circle.... a CIRCLE.

So is this. I think that's what those of us who don't like Undercity are getting at.

I voted Undercity, only because I still have flashbacks of early vanilla when I deleted a level 5 character because I couldn´t figure out why I couldn´t see other players.... You would think the under in undercity would have been a clue.

Deleted
    I thought this was about real cities but since the shrines are in the poll I guess I'll have to go with those, I don't really hate any of the real cities anyway.

Deleted
    Shrines will make comeback in WoD.

*cricket buzzing*

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Shattrath. I've never seen the appeal of it. I remember getting there for the first time back in TBC after having heard so much about it and going "Wait, what the fuck? It's just a dirty looking circle with portals."

Still feel the same way to this day. It's horrible looking. I'd much rather spend my time in the rush, hastily phoned in shrines than in Shattrath.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.