Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Buy Wod now or Later

hello, i wanted to know if anyone has noticed when usually blizzard reduce the price of their expansion.
    I remember i bought Mop after the thunder king patch for 10 eur on sale

Now 45 eur seem a bit too much even if i could really use a 90 boost to play with a friend. I have only alliance chars while his main is horde, but i don't think it is worth it. I don't mind leveling a new char and maybe i could get wod later for much cheaper price.

So what do you think?

Deleted
    Eeh, if you want to play WoD on release buy it now or at releaseday, if you don't mind waiting 6+ months after release to buy it at a reduced price then wait. I personally don't have any economical difficulty so I've already pre-ordered it.

Deleted
    I recommend not pre-ordering. The constant cutting of features might not phase you now, but something you really wanted could be gutted after you pre-order. And then you might be stuck with the game that you no longer want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two questions:

One, are you on the fence about buying it at all? If so, wait until it's released vs pre-ordering. If you don't want to pay full price I suspect you're going to have to wait at least 6 months post release. The question there is whether you want to give up playing for 6 months or more to save about half the expansion price.

Quote Originally Posted by Speech500 View Post
    I recommend not pre-ordering. The constant cutting of features might not phase you now, but something you really wanted could be gutted after you pre-order. And then you might be stuck with the game that you no longer want.
    Have they really cut that many features? Not being able to move garrisons, not having capitals in karabor/bladespire, no flying at first. Seems more like changings to features rather then cutting of features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    Have they really cut that many features? Not being able to move garrisons, not having capitals in karabor/bladespire, no flying at first. Seems more like changings to features rather then cutting of features.
    The list is much larger than that, but I've seen people who have decided against purchasing the expansion based on the changes already shown.

Deleted
    What's the rush? You don't get early-access nor anything else for buying it before it's released.

Gonna buy it anyway. Don't really care about all those "missing" features. As long as it brings new content and gives me something to do I'll buy it. The new models and button pruning are the topping on the cake.

Deleted
    Why hurry,OP?
    You can always buy it a few days before release if you're unsure. If I were you,I'd wait and buy it later. Keep an eye on MMO-Champion for now and see if you like the expansion or not.

as you can get a full refund as long as it is before release might as well buy it now and get money back if just before lauch u dont like the game

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slagathor1995 View Post
    as you can get a full refund as long as it is before release might as well buy it now and get money back if just before lauch u dont like the game
    Or save yourself a lot of butthurt trying to get a refund.

From a lazy perspective: You only have to buy the game once and you can always just do it tommorow.

or

Buy it now, something gets culled, offends you, and then you go through the rings of customer service and get a refund with a possibility of them not giving you one.

Which one sounds easier?

You may get WoD free if you can wait for 6 months.

Deleted
    Wait. Buy it cheaper as a hard copy from other sites.

You can pre-order it a week before 6.0 launches and still get the bonuses. No point wasting money on no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    Semantics. Garrisons being in any zone was a selling point at Blizzcon. Cutting the dynamic is cutting a feature of them. The Capitals were said, in plain English, to be your faction hub, so changing that to a generic zone is cutting a selling point, again. No flying was always on the table so people can just suck that up.

Unless you really want the character boost now, wait. I'm playing the beta and I'm enjoying it so far, but there's no reason to pre order the game unless you want to get the box collector's eddition when that comes out, which isn't up for preorder yet. You lose nothing by waiting, but if you decide you don't want WoD between now and release you save yourself some money/time getting a refund if you hold off.

Quote Originally Posted by Speech500 View Post
    I recommend not pre-ordering because pre-ordering is stupid. You're just giving them an interest free loan.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    You can pre-order it a week before 6.0 launches and still get the bonuses.
    What bonuses do you get for purchasing WoD? I can't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What bonuses do you get for purchasing WoD? I can't find any.
    There are no specific pre order bonuses. If you buy the digital delux edition, pre order or not, you get a mount and a pet. If you buy the box collector's edition (not yet available for preorder) you'll get those and some other goodies, mist likely an art book, soundtrack cd, behind the scenes dvd and mouse pad like previous expansions. All copies of WoW purchased include a 'free' character boost to 90 regardless of the version you buy. But none of these are tied to preorders specifically, you just get access to the goodies faster if you do.

You should not pre-order. It's software, it won't run out. Paying for a product without any guarantees of what it will contain or even when it will be released is not very smart. It also gives the developer perverse incentives when they get money without having shipped a product. We'd have much higher quality games if gamers acted like rational consumers, expecting finished high quality products, and making informed decisions based on objective reviews *after* the product ships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    All copies of WoW purchased include a 'free' character boost to 90 regardless of the version you buy.
    More accurately all buyers of the xpac are forced to also buy a character boost for $10.

By waiting you also get to miss out on the overcrowding of quest hubs - people standing on top of quest givers and NPCs phasing in and out because there are too many people on-screen. Any alliance remember MoP on the first two days? 5000 helicopters stuck in the sky because none of them knew what they had to shoot in order to progress... And then the fighting over quest mobs, the lag, random disconnections, etc. I think I spent the first week doing nothing but MoP dungeons because questing out in the world was too annoying.

Then my guild didn't start raiding until a month or two after so it seemed like a waste to me.
    Last edited by Kataroku; 2014-07-14 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post

More accurately all buyers of the xpac are forced to also buy a character boost for $10.

Or, more realistically, after 8 years of staying the same price, expansions now cost more. Or in an effort to make up for the lost revenue from dwindling subscriptions, expansions now cost more.

It's evident that the people saying the expansion cost $10 more due to the free 90, flunked business classes in high school (provided they didn't drop out).