Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I'd use it because it works fine. You cast CL and 5 enemies die. No biggie.

It's only an issue when you gather up more than 5 targets, like if you were clearing Tempest Keep and ghost wolf through the whole front hallway (which is how I did it last year until I got my ashes). And even then there's no problem killing them with magma totem or whatever, you just don't get loot if you choose to do it that way.

Don't get me wrong, it's not ideal. I just can't think of a strong argument to convince the devs this should be fixed. "Can't do old content" is a strong argument. "Lose loot from old content if I gather up a ton of mobs" isn't.
    Tempest Keep is a completely different beast, those adds dispell flame shock as it already, so unless they're all stunned or you had the reflexes of a cat, they'd dispell it before the GCD came off anyway.

I get what you mean though, each to their own, I just feel CL is a bit clunky with it(And I'm a melee, not a caster, personal thing, but it seems really awkward having to be a caster in old content), although it has no CD in WoD for Enhance? Swore I just read that in this thread, seem to have gone blind in the last few minutes, maybe it will be better then.

That's correct, Chain Lightning has no cooldown for Enhance in 6.0.

Alright, guys, what about this, as a solution: UE empowers your next LL, with a FS "charge," which applies FS to the next target hit by LL, and simultaneously spreads the FS dot to up to 4 other targets in range.

And possibly even still remove the initial damage tick, and bake that damage into the DoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Alright, guys, what about this, as a solution: UE empowers your next LL, with a FS "charge," which applies FS to the next target hit by LL, and simultaneously spreads the FS dot to up to 4 other targets in range.

And possibly even still remove the initial damage tick, and bake that damage into the DoT.
    I'm down with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post

As I said - ANYTHING that allows you to fire nova without doing a full FS damage beforehand will work in my eyes. The issues is there's no way to fire nova if the mob gets oneshot by FS.

Anything that means you can actually spread FS for multiple fire novas is just icing on the cake after that QoL change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    As I said - ANYTHING that allows you to fire nova without doing a full FS damage beforehand will work in my eyes. The issues is there's no way to fire nova if the mob gets oneshot by FS.

Anything that means you can actually spread FS for multiple fire novas is just icing on the cake after that QoL change.
    This is my big problem with our current FN AoE. I have been saying for a while but the AoE mechanics we have are poorly designed.... its not just a reliable, effective form of AoE. You see this usually with low hp or low lvl mobs, trying to FLS>LL>FN but the target dies either during FLS or LL which does not spread FLS. You look at ANY other melee AoE and they can use it with one target or multiple and have no problems with low hp mobs.

My suggestions:

Make FN function just like DK's Howling Blast, basically works on any target within 20yds. Works same, hits all targets in radius around target but also applies FLS dot. The next FN then spreads FLS to other enemies, and then the 3rd FN will be in multiples, as well as spread to more targets.

This changes your AOE from: FLS>LL>FN and turn it into: FN>FN>FN

It just makes alot more sense that FN applies our AOE dot, and not LL. And AOE ability applies an AOE dot. It works just like Howling Blast, which also applies an aoe dot in the form of Frost Fever. This also prevents any unwanted spread of FLS, which is what currently happens in PVP and you need a glyph to correct it. With this change, you only do AOE when you use an AOE ability.... not single target like LL.

Alternatively, you can still require FLS to be applied manually but just make the spread mechanic based off FN and not LL. FN can be used on any target, but if its used on a target with FLS it spreads it.

This is what SHOULD have been done to fix Enh AOE a LONG time ago.... but dev's are being stubborn and saying its fine now. Unfortunately players are not being vocal enough, seemingly happy with small changes like FLS resetting LL CD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I personally gonna miss damage on unleashed elements, unless the redesign it somehow, it always fun to have a long range "poke it" ability
    Me too.... I REALLY hate how they removed the damage from ULE. It makes no sense to me, esp for Enh which is melee.... we only have a few actual abilities, and even fewer that are weapon abilities.... ULE was one of those that used weapon damage. It was basically a ranged Judgement, both damage and a buff.... having it do damage fit thematically with the name of the ability and the graphic. I still feel they should keep the weapon damage, even if its 100% wep damage and physical (not elemental like it was before). Really stupid and unnecessary change for the sake of change..... their excuse ("It still does effective damage") is crap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    This changes your AOE from: FLS>LL>FN and turn it into: FN>FN>FN
    we had fn spreads fs during firelands and it was abused to farm trash alone. perhaps they don't want to see "kite aoe till death" for a melee again.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-15 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    we had fn spreads fs during firelands and it was abused to farm trash alone. perhaps they don't want to see "kite aoe till death" for a melee again.
    Nearly every class had a way to farm firelands trash alone, and most mechanics there weren't removed.

Should've just made the mobs have a decent runspeed in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    No, at 4.2 Fire Nova just increased the duration of Flame Shock, it didn't spread it, you had to cast Flame Shock manually in each target, after that they gave Lava Lash the ability to spread and removed the increase of duration from Fire Nova. While it was cool (it had no limit, I have made Flame Shock with more than 2 hours), it sucked in those times that AoE was needed, our actual version is better that that one.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    No, at 4.2 Fire Nova just increased the duration of Flame Shock, it didn't spread it, you had to cast Flame Shock manually in each target, after that they gave Lava Lash the ability to spread and removed the increase of duration from Fire Nova. While it was cool (it had no limit, I have made Flame Shock with more than 2 hours), it sucked in those times that AoE was needed, our actual version is better that that one.
    now that you wrote it you are right. it just increased it. of course. spread would have been amazing there^^
    yes it was bad. and ele had the same aoe mechanic and hell it was so clunky. huge ramp up time.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-15 at 06:10 AM.

As cool as it is to deal multiplicative damage with Fire Nova, if Blizard hard capped it but allowed Fire Nova to be deal damage on single targets it seems like it would a huge buff to Shamans.

I said something similar in another thread, but after experiencing the first half of Highmaul and all the single target fights. There seems to be no reason to waste a melee slot on an Enhancement Shaman, since without an add or two to make use of Fire Nova, there are just too many gaps in the rotation. Often on fights like The Butcher I was getting to the point where I had the choice between AAing or casting an under 3-stack Lightning Bolt because I had no big cooldowns left and ST/FS/SS/LL/UE/FS were down for 1-3 more seconds.

And that's really the rub, Shamans will often get down to their 8th priority ability in their rotation. And unless Shamans were broken as hell there's no way you can get that low and still hope to be a top-10 DPS, since hard-casting Lightning Bolts is 8-9th on the rotation because it's terrible DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by FROIDBUSTER View Post
    As cool as it is to deal multiplicative damage with Fire Nova, if Blizard hard capped it but allowed Fire Nova to be deal damage on single targets it seems like it would a huge buff to Shamans.

I said something similar in another thread, but after experiencing the first half of Highmaul and all the single target fights. There seems to be no reason to waste a melee slot on an Enhancement Shaman, since without an add or two to make use of Fire Nova, there are just too many gaps in the rotation. Often on fights like The Butcher I was getting to the point where I had the choice between AAing or casting an under 3-stack Lightning Bolt because I had no big cooldowns left and ST/FS/SS/LL/UE/FS were down for 1-3 more seconds.

And that's really the rub, Shamans will often get down to their 8th priority ability in their rotation. And unless Shamans were broken as hell there's no way you can get that low and still hope to be a top-10 DPS, since hard-casting Lightning Bolts is 8-9th on the rotation because it's terrible DPS.
    Well technically you SHOULD be casting that <3MW LB over AA, but that doesnt flow well for the class, especially as a melee class, and needs to be reworked.
    Science the shit out of it!