Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which NPC race do you want to see graphically updated?

With most of the new races unveiled now and many other classic TBC models being revamped for Draenor, we still have a ton of races that are still stuck in 2004.

Murlocs, Quillboars, Centaurs, even the basic Skeleton and Zombie models. If you could choose to update one NPC race, which one would it be?

For me I personally think the Satyrs could use an update. They're not very prominent in the world, but they still appear here and there occassionally and their lanky faux-Night Elf bodies don't hold up today. A close second would be Naga, and I'd love to see what Blizzard can do adding a few more bones to their tails for proper slithering animations.

What would you like to see revamped?

Just as a reminder, we still have the old elf models around Blasted Lands in that cave with the blood mage gnome alliance-side and the Altar of Storms. My personal pick would be a race we see often like murlocs from your example. I think I would have to pick maybe ogres? But they're getting WoD models (not sure for Azeroth as well though).

Naga would be awesome, although I'd love to see better versions of the all of the "lesser" or more common Scourge mobs, such as ghouls, skeletons, banshees, etc.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would like to see centaurs getting major overhaul and some more presence.
    Other than that, kobolds and gnolls are the races that look really bad now, and given the fact that they are seen quite often, it would be great to see them remade.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2014-07-15 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Definitely Murlocs as they're the most common "quest fodder" race. But really all of those races could do with an update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    Naga would be awesome, although I'd love to see better versions of the all of the "lesser" or more common Scourge mobs, such as ghouls, skeletons, banshees, etc.
    Can we get this font for everyone please? So much more pleasing to the eye.

OT: Naga, Kobolds and Gnolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Just as a reminder, we still have the old elf models around Blasted Lands in that cave with the blood mage gnome alliance-side and the Altar of Storms. My personal pick would be a race we see often like murlocs from your example. I think I would have to pick maybe ogres? But they're getting WoD models (not sure for Azeroth as well though).
    When I first encountered one after Cata launched ... I was like "WTF is that!"

Deleted
    Personally I'd like to see centaurs updated (or perhaps a completely new model to be frank), and more centaur involvement, although Murlocs are in so many zones across the game that perhaps an update to them would have the most impact.

I'd really like to see the likes of the banshee, skeleton and ghoul model updated to look more unnerving and creepy.

Deleted
    I would like centaurs, dryads/keepers and naga updated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    Ghouls would be awesome, since it'll affect Death Knights aswell.

Deleted
    Nagas were updated in Cata (they are now too flashy for me). Satyrs got new texture too (Crystalsong ones for example). Would like to see some kobolds, gnolls and quilboars.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Ghouls would be awesome, since it'll affect Death Knights aswell.
    Ghouls or Naga imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

no one really cares but taunka look like crap

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd gladly take 12 months of nothing new but an entire texture and models update

Who's up for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any mounts that use vanilla models/textures.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still itching to see the pre-corrupted Arakkoa models! Aside from those, all Burning Legion mobs, especially fel hunters and terrorguards, Skeleton mobs, cheetah (Mainly updated for travel form), moon/owlkins, rams (Vicious War Ram, please!) and warp stalkers.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Naga, furbolg and azeroth Ogres

After that:
    Mountain Giants
    Dragons

10+ Year Old Account
    Boars, in reminder of South Park WoW Episode
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    iirc Murlocs got a revamp with cata,at least the ones found in new zones and they are using it in the revamped BFD on the beta. I'd probably say Gnolls/Kobolds tho, tho most of the old world and some TBC mobs need a model upgrade,they just look silly compared to stuff added later

Edit: yep, "Deep Sea" Murlocs http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...seamurlocs.jpg