Thok's Tail Tip for guardian

Is thok's tail tip a valid trinket choice for druid tanks? I'm crit capped and have mostly heroic gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a decent dps boost. If you had 103% crit (Crit hard cap), the HWF version of it is a 9% dps boost at the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Its a decent dps boost. If you had 103% crit (Crit hard cap), the HWF version of it is a 9% dps boost at the least.
    What does that even mean? A 9% boost compared to what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    As in it will outright increase your damage output by around 9%, due to the increased crit damage.

An HWF Haromms, proc notwithstanding, will increase your damage output by ~5%, and significantly more then TED, depending on your vengeance lvl.

But, of course, thats only if you are crit hard capped.

As in it will outright increase your damage output by around 9%, due to the increased crit damage.
    If the trinket was "copy the trinket you're replacing and increase your crit damage by 9%" then what you're saying would make more sense but clearly that is not what the trinket does.

It is not a 9% damage increase.
    The trinket increase the critical part of the damage by 9%.

If you were supposed to do 100 damages without crit. A crit will be 100 base damage + 100 damage from the critical.
    Only the second part is increased by 9%. This means your final damages will be 100+109=209.
    You got only a 4.5 damage increase during the process.

I need to look for my source. I am 95% sure of what i'm writing.

Some explanations here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10827682807
    Last edited by TDJZ; 2014-07-15 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to using an empty trinket slot I guess, or a tank trinket that doesn't increase your damage in any way. Plus he said "at the least" so the Haste bonus from it is not being accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by TDJZ View Post
    It is not a 9% damage increase.
    The trinket increase the critical part of the damage by 9%.

If you were supposed to do 100 damages without crit.
    I think you missed this part:
    If you had 103% crit (Crit hard cap)
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Deleted
    @Dechno Think u missed the part where he was explaining how the trinket works. No matter what CC% u have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    Compared to using an empty trinket slot I guess, or a tank trinket that doesn't increase your damage in any way. Plus he said "at the least" so the Haste bonus from it is not being accounted for.
    What is the point of comparing it to an empty trinket slot?

If you have half decent gear you likely have very little Haste so the Haste amp is worth almost nothing. The trinket loses a lot of value because it has a Strength proc instead of an Agi proc so there is no possible way it is a 9% DPS increase to equip over an equal ilvl Agility trinket.

Deleted
    What is the point of comparing it to an empty trinket slot?

If you have half decent gear you likely have very little Haste so the Haste amp is worth almost nothing. The trinket loses a lot of value because it has a Strength proc instead of an Agi proc so there is no possible way it is a 9% DPS increase to equip over an equal ilvl Agility trinket.
    It is a gazillion times easier to compare the DPS-output of trinkets if you just list actual DPS-increase instead of comparing them to every other trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    It is a gazillion times easier to compare the DPS-output of trinkets if you just list actual DPS-increase instead of comparing them to every other trinket.
    It's 100% incorrect if you place random values to things and call them facts. Easier doesn't mean more accurate. How many situations are you going to be in where you need to compare the DPS of something to an empty slot. Considering it's also pretty much impossible to value any other trinket this way aside from amp trinkets I'm really not sure what you're trying to do.

FWIW TDJZ is correct. It's not the same as the Crit Effect Metas. It's only a 4.5% DPS increase at crit cap.

Deleted
    Easier doesn't mean more accurate.
    Being more accurate isn't the goal. You don't need more accuracy when you can already see a clear difference.

If you have half decent gear you likely have very little Haste
    Since our ideal gear has crit+haste, no we really don't.

the Haste amp is worth almost nothing
    Compared to what? In most situations it's more haste than you can get from any other trinket in SoO.

The trinket loses a lot of value because it has a Strength proc instead of an Agi proc
    Since Strength doesn't have a detrimental effect on a Guardians performance, it doesn't. While it's value is basicly zero, the value of an Agility proc also gets greatly diminished by the crit cap.

there is no possible way it is a 9% DPS increase to equip over an equal ilvl Agility trinket
    That is true but mostly because of the functionality explained by TDJZ above.

@OP: It's decent. In regards to DPS second to Haromms, in regards to RPS second to Talisman of Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Soupi View Post
    Being more accurate isn't the goal. You don't need more accuracy when you can already see a clear difference.
    There is no clear difference, accuracy is the goal. By your logic Rainbow Generator is good for Guardian because it's better than nothing as confirmed by the 9 crit on it.

Since our ideal gear has crit+haste, no we really don't.
    10k Haste with a 588 amp trinket gives you 900 haste which really isn't a deciding factor

Compared to what? In most situations it's more haste than you can get from any other trinket in SoO.
    I wasn't comparing it to anything. I was saying it isn't a deciding factor of the power of the trinket.

Since Strength doesn't have a detrimental effect on a Guardians performance, it doesn't. While it's value is basicly zero, the value of an Agility proc also gets greatly diminished by the crit cap.
    Strength stronger than Agility confirmed by master theorycrafter Soupi. Amaze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strength stronger than Agility confirmed by master theorycrafter Soupi. Amaze.
    At 103% crit chance, Strength is equivalent to Agility for dps purposes. Both Strength and Agility provide 1 AP per point for Druids.

Although I wasn't aware the Crit Damage Amp portion worked differently from the Crit Damage meta. Was thinking that, at 103% crit, all attacks would be a critical hit, so 9% extra crit damage = 9% extra dps compared to using double tank trinkets or w/e.

Both Strength and Agility provide 1 AP per point for Druids.
    No they don't. Agility provides 2. Strength provides 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    No they don't. Agility provides 2. Strength provides 1.
    Ah, I see that. I was taking a look at the Agility Stat in my character sheet, which stated that I got 30856 AP from 30866 agility, didn't take a look at the melee portion of it, which is double my agility. My bad.