Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Just get invited on a low pop server and you'll be sorted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojkata View Post
    Just get invited on a low pop server and you'll be sorted
    considering northrend is cross realm zoned im not sure what difference that makes.....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    considering northrend is cross realm zoned im not sure what difference that makes.....
    You could roll a DK on a server that isn't CRZ, which is basically a couple of the RP-PVP ones I believe. I did that to get my Minfernal and got it really quickly (bonus that I needed Gilnean Raven so I made my DK worgen). I then parked the DK at a Valk spawn point, but the downside was that I didn't have flying and wasn't going to spend the time to farm up enough gold for it so camping 1 spawn point was all I could do. Still, the one I picked was right by the Emerald Proto Drakes in Scholozar since those are always camped heavily on my server. Got my rare drake yesterday and happened to grab find a Valk this morning on my main server after the reset. Next I might try to get my DK to Pandaria if I can find a mage to grab the pet from the wanderer's festival or whatever its called.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is if you're a pet collector who wants a few rare pets it is probably worth your time to roll a DK on a low pop RP-PVP server.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    as title states how hard is it to get unborn val'kyr? i really really want it. i only ever seen it once and i lost the battle. it looks so cute.
    I got 3 of them, upgraded to rare.. did it in about 4 days, so cant be to hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and just wait until you finally find one, only to have it kill itself (yes really) in the pet battle! What fun that is!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    I got 3 of them, upgraded to rare.. did it in about 4 days, so cant be to hard
    Of course, because one person was lucky with them, clearly that is a statement of the difficulty involved. /eyeroll
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh and just wait until you finally find one, only to have it kill itself (yes really) in the pet battle! What fun that is!
    Yup happened to my first.
    Guess I was too careful with knocking down her HP and then that darn trap kept missing.
    You only have like 5 turns or so before she sacrifices herself.

NPC_scan is totally fine for val'kyr, just do the trick where you make the creaturecache file unwritable so that every time you log out and in, the creature isn't cached.

What I did was I put like 3 toons around northrend, and each toon would search 2-3 zones, then i'd log off and go to the next one. I did that for about 2 days (maybe a total of 12 hours or so), ended up with I think 2 valks (both were gray, but I was looking for the right stats, second one had the better stats).

It's a grind, if you keep grinding you'll get it, kind of the same with every rare pet out there, just keep at it.

Got my valkyr in the end.

Those who do PVP pet battles, you are done, I am coming to eat your souls. :-)

I would say... HARD.

Only world battle pet I don't have yet. Should get back to hunting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    got mine np at 6:30 am server time
    This is the best plan. Get up early in the morning, when all the servers are dead and do a quick circuit of the spawn points. You should find it in a few days with very little time wasted.

Also, don't bother looking for a rare quality (blue) one. If you sufficiently committed to your pet collection to go to the effort of farming for a rare, you will soon have an excess of undead battle stones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    This is the best plan. Get up early in the morning, when all the servers are dead and do a quick circuit of the spawn points. You should find it in a few days with very little time wasted.

Also, don't bother looking for a rare quality (blue) one. If you sufficiently committed to your pet collection to go to the effort of farming for a rare, you will soon have an excess of undead battle stones.
    i just want a unborn val'kyr dont really care about the quality. i think its so cute looking.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Not very. On the first day I started checking spawn points, I just started in howling fjord and found one when I reached icecrown.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Really not that difficult compared to Minfernal. There's a ton of possible spawn points and they seem to be up every few hours. I have 2 of them in both possible breeds.

The hardest part is keeping them from killing themselves, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only took me a few days of logging onto an alt once or twice a day and flying by a couple spawn points before I got one, although I didn't try again for the other breed. I don't know if it was lucky but it didn't seem that bad. I didn't spend a lot of time flying the whole route, just the couple in Scholazar Basin. I didn't try for a rare, just used a stone on it.

Of course it took me about 250ish kills to finally get a rare P/P Infinite Whelpling though. It can only be 3 breeds but that P/P did not want to spawn. That was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Of course it took me about 250ish kills to finally get a rare P/P Infinite Whelpling though. It can only be 3 breeds but that P/P did not want to spawn. That was annoying.
    That's why I am keeping a couple of stones available at all times. To avoid looking for rares of the desired breed. Getting the desired breed alone in any quality is boring enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's why I am keeping a couple of stones available at all times. To avoid looking for rares of the desired breed. Getting the desired breed alone in any quality is boring enough.
    I had stones I could've used. It just bugged me to have to do so because I had a toon on a low pop server parked there and could go through once a day and kill 25-30 of them and it didn't take that long so I kept thinking "it'll happen today!" ... with only 3 breeds available I just didn't want to use the stone but I probably should have. Used one yesterday on an S/S Nether Faerie after running through that area once. Too many breeds, spread out spawns, and my last experience so I wasn't about to do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I super highly suggest getting a friend. Have the two of you circle Northrend and whoever sees one first can start a match with it and give up when you get there. Helped me and my guildmates out a ton.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)