Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handfoot View Post
    Pretty sure my Bloodthirst didn't crit a few times while I had 50.15% crit. Any reason why?
    theres a hidden mechanic called crit depression, which for every level higher than yours you lose 1% crit, so you need 53% chance to crit (for a guaranteed crit).

As Req said, the higher level your target has, the lower your chance to crit against them. With that said, a target with a Skull as their level is always 3 levels higher than the content it's created for. For example: Garrosh is considered a level 93 target, where as C'thun is level 63.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If you stand in front of the boss you have an increased chance, equal to that of the bosses parry chance to not crit. That's the only thing I can come to think of.
    Really? I've been beating my head on this for quite a while...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_table

As Wowwiki hasn't been updated in ages (from what I've seen) I wasn't able to find any newer explanation, but as far as I'm aware they haven't changed the Attack Table / Combat Table in a long while.
    My Stream

a little question, outside CS, if i have rage to dumb and no bloodsurge, i actually do WS, it isnt better to do Heroic Throw + Hs or IV + HS or Warcry + hs ? in stead of straitgh WS ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerocell View Post
    a little question, outside CS, if i have rage to dumb and no bloodsurge, i actually do WS, it isnt better to do Heroic Throw + Hs or IV + HS or Warcry + hs ? in stead of straitgh WS ?
    It all depends on what you have on CD, fury its all about what choice is better in the particular situation of the fight, so u will need to decide and do it quick

Assuming you have a decent level of crit (~40% unbuffed, before BT double crit rate) BT should be fairly reliable and you should be getting a lot of RB's in your rotation.

With that, the rotation becomes very sustainable, consistent and fluid and should look something like this:

BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB [CS ends] - BT - RB - RB/WS - BT - RB - WS/Shout - BT - RB - WS/Shout - BT - CS

You may notice that BT sets a consistent pattern, BT - 1 - 2 - BT. Its pretty static and that sets the tempo for the whole rotation. From there we employ our basic priority list:
    CS > RB > WS > Shout.

Which (outside CS) turns into:
    BT - RB - WS - BT.

We of course want to use RB being how powerful and rage efficient it is, and to manage its stacks; now the only choice we have to make is during that second GCD, should we WS or Shout? *Very rarely, coming out of CS you will have a second stack of RB in which case you'll use that, as I showed above with RB/WS.

If rage is decent, >60 or so, use WS. You'll have time to get your rage back up to acceptable levels before CS again. It really doesn't take much pooling anymore, you only need about 70 rage going into CS to pull off the rotation assuming you have the 2p.

If rage is low, <60, likely because you over used Heroic Strike outside CS, use Shout to get back up. If you cant shout you can use throw, or just say screw it and Wild Strike anyways (as long as CS has more than 4 seconds or so, you should be able to get enough rage back anyways).

Sorry that is the long winded answer. the easy version is don't over spend with Heroic Strike, only use it to keep your rage ~80, and use BT - RB - WS - BT.

First I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to the warrior forums to make them so great!

I have a few questions regarding little things.
    1) With bladestorm to be a dps increase single target do you need to get the 5th tick or just need to cancel to keep enrage up?
    2) Seems like my execute phase is really weak compared to other classes. Been trying all kinds of things from normal rotation w/o executes to BR during CS to try and get a extra execute in.
    3) Is it possible to macro a stance switch to where if youre not in one you go to the other. Ex: In battle stance use macro and switch to Berserker Stance for annihilation, then push macro again and switch back to battle stance.

Quote Originally Posted by elsus View Post
    First I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to the warrior forums to make them so great!

I have a few questions regarding little things.
    1) With bladestorm to be a dps increase single target do you need to get the 5th tick or just need to cancel to keep enrage up?
    2) Seems like my execute phase is really weak compared to other classes. Been trying all kinds of things from normal rotation w/o executes to BR during CS to try and get a extra execute in.
    3) Is it possible to macro a stance switch to where if youre not in one you go to the other. Ex: In battle stance use macro and switch to Berserker Stance for annihilation, then push macro again and switch back to battle stance.
    1. Just /cancelaura Bladestorm right before Enrage wears off and reapply with BT.
    2. SB + 3x Executes is best AFAIK. In high Rage situations you can throw in some Heroic Strikes.
    3. I think * will work the way you describe.
    */cast Berserker Stance
    /cast Battle Stance
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

Execute can be handled in 2 different ways:
    SB + 3x Exe or SB + Exe + RB (just to make sure you don't waste charges). The difference is incredibly small and it more or less comes down to preference. Depending on your Gear one or the other is slightly ahead. If your CS crits you obviously don't need to BR for that last cast.

Don't forget to use Exe instead of WS sub 20%

The macro you're looking for should be
    Code:
    /cast [stance:3] battle stance
    /cast [stance:1] berserker stance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Execute can be handled in 2 different ways:
    SB + 3x Exe or SB + Exe + RB (just to make sure you don't waste charges). The difference is incredibly small and it more or less comes down to preference. Depending on your Gear one or the other is slightly ahead. If your CS crits you obviously don't need to BR for that last cast.

Don't forget to use Exe instead of WS sub 20%

The macro you're looking for should be
    Code:
    /cast [stance:3] battle stance
    /cast [stance:1] berserker stance
    As a caveat, since you should be trying to time at least 1 trinket CD+potion+CDs for full use during CS/Execute phase, remember that EX scales MUCH better with AP compared to RB.

So during anytime trinkets/potion are up, prioritize EX over RB, and just transition back into balancing the two afterwards.

Basically CDs/CS->EX-SB-EX-EX(BrZ)-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB-EX-BT-RB-Free is what I do, or something like that. I'm not as good writing it out, generally do it by memory.

Awesome!!! Appreciate all the advice and help.

Hi i was wondering are u guys doing the preuse 2p fireland tier 10% inc phis dmg for 12 sec after shout? didnt test in raid( i just took mog gear from firelands) works on dummy tho

Depends, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It's very much a question of "can I be arsed to risk having FL gear equipped, for a very small burst increase".
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by cowbear View Post
    Hi i was wondering are u guys doing the preuse 2p fireland tier 10% inc phis dmg for 12 sec after shout? didnt test in raid( i just took mog gear from firelands) works on dummy tho
    Don't do it. It's such an insignificant dps gain and you can easily screw yourself if for some reason you aren't able to change gear back (someone pulls early for example).

Pretty pissed about my 25man h protectors* this week. Got to like 625k dps (about 80th at the time) while being dead for at least 10 seconds and not fully rebuffed for the last 20%.

Woulda been sick to top 20 without a hwf weapon. No way to know what couldve been I guess. At least gllad it seems I fixed my lacking WWing skills somewhat xD
    Last edited by Kirbynator; 2014-07-21 at 05:42 AM.

Is using storm bolt on a mob that can be stunned worth using inside CS or should I just use like wildstrike or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elhotdog View Post
    Is using storm bolt on a mob that can be stunned worth using inside CS or should I just use like wildstrike or something?
    No, use a raging blow instead (wild strike if you don't have one available) and make sure you pool a RB charge before going into a CS when the mob can be stunned.

Say you bloodthirst and get a RB charge, bladestorm, cancel into bloodthirst, and now you have 2 raging blows and coll smash off cooldown.

Should you use one raging blow before starting coll smash? Speaking at 45++ % crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    Say you bloodthirst and get a RB charge, bladestorm, cancel into bloodthirst, and now you have 2 raging blows and coll smash off cooldown.

Should you use one raging blow before starting coll smash? Speaking at 45++ % crit.
    I'm not 100% sure but probably not. Your CS might Crit and waste an RB charge but it's either that or delay your CS another BT cycle.

If you BT > RB > CS that just makes your BT cycle all fucked and you could risk dropping Enrage.
    Last edited by Windowflip; 2014-07-21 at 05:35 PM.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin