Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do i turn off the "angry pig squeal"?

Hey!

The sounds that the moonkin makes when he gets hit i'm guessing? It sounds horrible! Can't stand it. Sounds like a damn pig.
    I have unchecked "error speach" because i dont want to hear "i cant do that yet" and so on, but this pigsound is something else.
    How can i disable it? There has to be a way!?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the only way to remove it?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mute-wow-sounds

Seriously, i can't concentrate when i hear that annoying sound all the time.

Sorry, I must say.... I had a huuuuuuge laugh when I saw this post! ROOOFL dude. Don't know how to help thought.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Sorry, I must say.... I had a huuuuuuge laugh when I saw this post! ROOOFL dude. Don't know how to help thought.
    Haha yeah, i does sound kind of funny now that i read it

But that sound is damn frustrating man. Oh my god. Makes me not want to play on him at all.

Get the glyph that lets you be a boomkin without the form?

Deleted
    stop taking the dorito's away from her ?
    alternativly find the name of the sound file and you can make a mod folder which gets rid of it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Get the glyph that lets you be a boomkin without the form?
    I use this glyph and I am pretty sure the sound still plays.

Deleted
    uhm you can delete the water elemental sound so I'm pretty sure u just have to delete the responsible MPQ file in your wow folder

Glyph does not help. Using it, and i can still hear it.

I will look for the sound file. Seems to be the only way to get rid with it.

Thanks

EDIT:

Can't find any sound files at all so i guess i have to try the addon i mentioned in my first post.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2014-07-23 at 05:47 PM.

Personally I like the sounds, it tells me I'm getting a small dps increase

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's that annoying, just mute your sound effects. CTRL+S for times when you are hit often.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    uhm you can delete the water elemental sound so I'm pretty sure u just have to delete the responsible MPQ file in your wow folder
    Ummm MPQ files hold many things inside. There isn't a separate MPQ for every sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    If it's that annoying, just mute your sound effects. CTRL+S for times when you are hit often.
    ya if there is one ant hill in between the bricks by the pool just throw a bomb on the patio >.>

The addon worked great and the sound is gone

Wait what? That's the best thing about being a moonkin!

Deleted
    is the best thingh sounding like a pig :P?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    is the best thingh sounding like a pig :P?
    Sounds more like ah...well...owl monster to me...like whoo whooooo but with more monstery-echo-deep voice :P

Doesn't sound like a pig to me. When I read this thread title I thought it was about the sound a hunter's boar pet makes when it attacks because that, is actually, an angry pig squeal.

I think if you can find out the name of the sound file you can get rid of the angry hoot the same way you get ride of worgen sniffing. But I like the angry hoot, so I don't have the file names and paths offhand.

Get rid of it? It's utterly fabulous! I only wish there was some awesome grafic like the feathers standing up and evil eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Get rid of it? It's utterly fabulous! I only wish there was some awesome grafic like the feathers standing up and evil eyes.
    Exactly! The boomkin honk has been around for...gosh idk soooo long - I've become so used to it that when other boomkin are around me and they are getting hit by something I instinctively execute the 5 D's: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and.... Dodge